You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Justin Harrell

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GWilhite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Justin Harrell Reply with quote

Why isn't Harrell a consideration at #21? Listening to some of the nfl analysts Harrell would have been a high 1st rounder if he hadn't injured himself last year. If Harrell is that good I believe that the Broncos should definitely take a look at him. In my view, DT was a week spot for Denver on D in '06 and it sounds like Harrell is a talented DT. The only knock I can think of is that maybe he isn't as huge as Jim Bates would like at the DT position. Any thoughts?
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also has some injury history. Have heard he's been moving up the draft boards, though. I liked him at Tenn. last year, thought he was top 3 at the position. Don't know if he has the size Bates likes, but he does have the athleticism
GWilhite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good link on Harrell. Thanks Cutler06 for the input.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/harrell_justin
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Justin Harrell Reply with quote

GWilhite wrote:
Why isn't Harrell a consideration at #21? Listening to some of the nfl analysts Harrell would have been a high 1st rounder if he hadn't injured himself last year. If Harrell is that good I believe that the Broncos should definitely take a look at him. In my view, DT was a week spot for Denver on D in '06 and it sounds like Harrell is a talented DT. The only knock I can think of is that maybe he isn't as huge as Jim Bates would like at the DT position. Any thoughts?

I would not mind Harrell on our team at all, personally i love the kid. I would still rather take Jamaal Anderson/Jarvis Moss if they are availiable though... Maybe even Meriweather. I think that we can definetly get Marcus Thomas in the 3rd round though who i also love. But our whole DT situation depends on how these Kris Jenkins rumors pan out.
GWilhite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Pack. If the Bronx could get Jenkins for one of their 3rds or even their 2nd I think that the DT hole would be filled and then some.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is too risky at 21 since he has a history of injuries and he didnt play much last season.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that DE and S are bigger needs than DT remember we can still get jenkins plus we signed that dt from the browns(what a surprise!!) he seems pretty decent

I'm back at FF, its been a while...
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrell isnt right for our system. He's not a space eater, hes a lanky DT, ala Tommie Harris. He also had a torn bicep and lingering effects. I would pass, I dont see anythign special about him.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jpbroncofan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing to take a DT at 21 with a history of injuries just trade the second rounder for Jenkins and go after another position at 21.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkotto23 wrote:
i think that DE and S are bigger needs than DT remember we can still get jenkins plus we signed that dt from the browns(what a surprise!!) he seems pretty decent

I respectfully dissagree. Warren is our only DT, our DT's didn't get any push in the pocket at all last year, our DE's would get upfield but our DT's couldn't push the pocket at all. That being said I wouldnt mind getting a DE at 21 but not a Saftey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrell is a good tackle but not dominate. Marcus Thomas is a better Tackle if he had better character issues. I would much rather take Jamaal Anderson/Anthony Spencer in the 1st and Marcus Thomas in the 3rd. He is a better player just a RISK!!!!
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it. This dude was not even a name anyone would have thought of drafting in the top 4 rounds a month ago. Now he is a first rounder....gees!! All of this just because he can do a back flip?
TBBRONCO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I don't get it. This dude was not even a name anyone would have thought of drafting in the top 4 rounds a month ago. Now he is a first rounder....gees!! All of this just because he can do a back flip?

actually before his injury he was rated in the top dt 2 tackles in this years class.
LockdownChamp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sounds real tight. I've been reading about him and I guess he played an extra game b/c it was important (I can't remember who though!) with his torn bicep I think. Crazy tough. Players like that I love and you know they will give everything for the team.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: