You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEALING FANECA?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeySteelers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: DEALING FANECA? Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

Quote:
Alan Faneca-G-Steelers Apr. 23 - 2:09 pm et

John Clayton says it's "clear" that Steelers G Alan Faneca is angling to get the team to move him.
Clayton drops an interesting tidbit that Faneca actually showed up for a meeting before Pittsburgh minicamp, then left the next night. The Steelers probably won't want to pay him market value and he's hitting a contract year, so it's possible they could deal him.

Hope this article isn't true...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: DEALING FANECA? Reply with quote

HeySteelers wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

Quote:
Alan Faneca-G-Steelers Apr. 23 - 2:09 pm et

John Clayton says it's "clear" that Steelers G Alan Faneca is angling to get the team to move him.
Clayton drops an interesting tidbit that Faneca actually showed up for a meeting before Pittsburgh minicamp, then left the next night. The Steelers probably won't want to pay him market value and he's hitting a contract year, so it's possible they could deal him.

Hope this article isn't true...

actually.... i kinda hope it is.

the cardinals are looking to trade down, apparently. makes for a very very interesting scenario.

it's pretty clear he doesnt want to play in pittsburgh anymore, and we have to pay ben and troy soon anyway.
HeySteelers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people have big pays days coming up and i would rather pay them
then Faneca.. guards easy to learn...
Just something about loosing him.. idk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda hope it's true also. I don't see him being with the steelers so let's get something for him.
VanSlyke18

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeySteelers wrote:

he's a top flight player, and would be hard to lose... but he doesnt want to be here. no point in making him stay. at all.
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

VanSlyke18 wrote:
HeySteelers wrote:

he's a top flight player, and would be hard to lose... but he doesnt want to be here. no point in making him stay. at all.

yes theyre is he will play he needs to set himself up id do him like the bears are doing lance briggs go ahead sit we dont care ask the last player to pull that hold out stuff hope he has a nice couch hes getting paid allot of money

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
BigBen7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just more or has Faneca been a bit of a cancer or distraction if you will, I mean he wasn't exactly happy about Roethlisberger getting the start and he was fairly vocal about the hiring of Tomlin... Think

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And lets not forget he can sit to week 10..Then he can decide to show up..And still be a UFA next year

Actually Faneca has alot of leverage.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: HMM Reply with quote

I say just say no dont take that if he holds out let him trade up and pick a guard if you have to an if he cause you a problem stick it to him and send him to some junk team that isnt going to win

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
burghboy76

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: HMM Reply with quote

STELRFAN wrote:
I say just say no dont take that if he holds out let him trade up and pick a guard if you have to an if he cause you a problem stick it to him and send him to some junk team that isnt going to win

WOW!
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: HMM Reply with quote

burghboy76 wrote:
STELRFAN wrote:

WOW!

hey hes trying to back them into a corner back him into one get houston, oakland, tampa, 49ers, on the phone preferably oakland now go over there and have fun youll get hansomely paid but your team will be watching the playoffs for the rest of his career

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the Steelers get the Cardinals 1st and 3rd round pick I don't want know part of this deal. A. Faneca is still the cream of the crop when it comes to OGs, even if his pass blocking is suspect.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping somehow we could get a deal done to keep him but I've lost respect for him. He waited until he got his $1m roster bonus until he started complaining about wanting a new deal. He's under contract for another year, play for what you signed and shut the hell up.

And now he's skipping mini-camps? Showing up, proving he's not away for any other reason, then leaving?

The problem with trading him is that he's only under contract for one more year so that's all the next team would get him for. The deal would have to include an extended contract from the other team that Faneca accepts.

Hopefully we get it done and get rid of his high cap, then we can draft an OG in the 2nd to replace him.
burghboy76

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
I was hoping somehow we could get a deal done to keep him but I've lost respect for him. He waited until he got his $1m roster bonus until he started complaining about wanting a new deal. He's under contract for another year, play for what you signed and shut the hell up.

And now he's skipping mini-camps? Showing up, proving he's not away for any other reason, then leaving?

The problem with trading him is that he's only under contract for one more year so that's all the next team would get him for. The deal would have to include an extended contract from the other team that Faneca accepts.

Hopefully we get it done and get rid of his high cap, then we can draft an OG in the 2nd to replace him.

thats why shipping him to Arizona makes sense. He's more likely to re-up with them than any other team. For almost any other team he is a one year rental til he eventually ends up in zona.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:

The one year left on his contract means nothing really. McGahee had a year left on his contract when he was treade to the Ravens. I think if A. Faneca is traded he'll re-up with the next team.

We could have another Mike Merriweather on are hands with this Faneca situation. Faneca may not sit out the entire season, but he could be traded.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: