You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rocco's Steelers 7 Round Mock Draft [4.22.7]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelTown43

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this draft, especially the first two picks. If Carriker, Branch, Anderson, and Willis are gone then I hope they look at Lynch or Bowe, and I think Lynch is the better value. And if you don't think that he'll make an instant impact on offense this season, then you are wrong. FWP and Marshawn would be and amazing tandem for a long time. Lynch also brings very dynamic receiving skills with him, allowing us to show looks with both FWP and Lynch on the field, with Marshawn in the slot.
Jayme96

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocco's Steelers 7 Round Mock Draft [4.22.7] Reply with quote

Jdrocco01 wrote:
Rocco's Steelers 7 Round Mock Draft

That wins the award for the most worthless draft I've ever seen. Not only did you waste our 1st rounder on a backup player, but he's also a POS.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocco's Steelers 7 Round Mock Draft [4.22.7] Reply with quote

Jayme96 wrote:
Jdrocco01 wrote:
Rocco's Steelers 7 Round Mock Draft

That wins the award for the most worthless draft I've ever seen. Not only did you waste our 1st rounder on a backup player, but he's also a POS.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

(thanks to untitledscream)
SteelSedition

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd 1 for a situational player at a position where we have a reigning pro-bowl player? Unlikely. Also, I was under the assumption that Johnson wasn't particularly suited for OLB in a 3-4, and that he stated he prefers playing with his hand on the ground... Siler in the thid would be a quality pick, but if it takes until the third round for the Steelers to make a logical and worthwhile pick, I'd be upset. I'm praying Lynch somehow squeeks before we pick and the Bills shock everyone and spend a pick on him, further dropping someone that we can actually use full-time.

I like Lynch, in the second (where he wont be), not in the first. My money's on a front 7 defender at 15.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need to stop being stuborn, by saying hes a backup. He would get at least 40% of the carries next year. Look at all the teams who are having succes bringing in a rookie to share the load with there vet(bears, colts, Pats, Saints, etc) I love this draft except i don't thinik Johnson a) will last that long and b) will be an OLB. Woodley is a better pick there. I like the Stankback pick alot.( oh btw if we got lynch i would hope hes not #40, i think he would look good as #24)

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
Larry Stavish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take a running back 1st pick (Why would he have to take 40% of the carries from FWP) I think we need Pass Rusher

I like Beekman

Baker upgrade over Wilson

Silers OK rather have Harris

I would rather see Spathe at TE for his blocking (Miller is a good receiver just under-used)

Punter fine with me (Anythings better than that garbage I witnessed last year)

QB fine (As long as we give them a chance to prove they can be a 2nd or third QB for us.)
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't take a running back 1st pick (Why would he have to take 40% of the carries from FWP)

Thats exactly my point. He needs someone to share the load with. Look at his game-to-game stats last year. He was one of the most incositent RBs.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
Larry Stavish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to say every game was rosey but that whole O-line stunk up the joint and no team was worried about us stretching the field with a WR in 2006. Would it be nice to have a good #2 RB? Yes but not with the first pick. I posted awhile back about the game numbers for LT and if you look at his games you tend to see off games rushing the ball (I'm talking only rushing yards not receiving yards) The way LT is used is night and day to how FWP is used. Hell the Steelers stopped him cold.

I'm a firm beliver in Everything starts with the O-Line and the D-Line the guys playing behind either are only as good as they are.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
You guys need to stop being stuborn, by saying hes a backup. He would get at least 40% of the carries next year. Look at all the teams who are having succes bringing in a rookie to share the load with there vet(bears, colts, Pats, Saints, etc) I love this draft except i don't thinik Johnson a) will last that long and b) will be an OLB. Woodley is a better pick there. I like the Stankback pick alot.( oh btw if we got lynch i would hope hes not #40, i think he would look good as #24)

The Steelers have had two back systems for about 11 out of 15 years Cowher was the HC. Last year the Steelers didn't utilize the two back system even though I thought they had players that were at least serviceable enough to assume that role. All those teams you've named about bringing in rookies are replacing the current player on the roster, besides the Saints. The Saints are in a unique situation cause they couldn't pass on Bush in the draft.. The Steelers aren't he Saints and Lynch isn't R. Bush. The Steelers have a lot of pressing needs besides Lynch, IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to take some heat for this, but at this point, I'm not even sure Lynch is a 1st rounder let alone a #15.

If he makes it past the Bills, and he really should, he could free fall a long ways. I think GB is reasonably comfortable giving Morency a shot to start and no other team is in a real position of need.

He may very well go high in Rd 2 ala Lendale White.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
spush

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm going to take some heat for this, but at this point, I'm not even sure Lynch is a 1st rounder let alone a #15.

Im with ya'. I've posted several times I think Lynch may slide to the 2nd and AP is the only legitamate #1.

Lynch was also questioned in a drive by shooting in addition to sexual assault.

JJ Arrington?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind this draft (other than Lynch, which is okay I guess). The pick I totally love is Kevin Boss. Playing against him the last 2 years, the guy could very easily have been a stud at any D-1 school in America. He will make it in the NFL, just needs a few years to learn the nuances of the game. Good mock.

^^^zbergs^^^
fanofsteel86

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Im with ya'. I've posted several times I think Lynch may slide to the 2nd and AP is the only legitamate #1.

Lynch was also questioned in a drive by shooting in addition to sexual assault.

JJ Arrington?

I heard the car he was in was shot at and he had nothing to do with it. I heard the guy apologized too. I could be wrong though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You guys need to stop being stuborn, by saying hes a backup. He would get at least 40% of the carries next year.

That wins the award for the most worthless comment of the day

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see us picking a RB in rd one...plus I hear lynch is falling on most boards (smoke?).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: