You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ben Roethlisberger
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StillersFury

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
who are our assistant coaches

http://news.steelers.com/team/coach/

New hires I like:

Larry Zierlein Oline. Grimm was a great player...Avg coach at best. Zierlein is everything I look for in an Oline coach. Zierlein believes in teaching and accountability

Randy Fichner Wr's. Another great teacher. Fantastic play caller. He will be one helluva of a OC in a few years.

Kirby Wilson Rb's- Hoak should have retired 15 years ago.

I hate a few hires.

Arians OC Anderson Qb coach Horton Dbs (promoted) Ligashesky Special teams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dislike the Ligashesky hire.

Special teams has been an Achilles heel of this team for years. Would have been nice to bring in someone with some success in this arena.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Neumatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks StillersFury, just one question, why do you hate the promotion of Arians to OC?

Jamison. on the sig
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Neumatic wrote:
The Hoopester wrote:
Neumatic wrote:
believe me when i say this, no true Steeler fans would trade Ben for any other QB...personally i wouldnt even trade him for a young Peyton Manning or Brady Anxious ...

I watched Ben for three years in college, and i was rooting for us to draft him all along (a combo of my respect for him, my malaise over Rivers' side arm slinger, and my hatred for the entire Manning clan), and he's my boy, but an objective look over his career shows a slight immaturity, or a "diva" attitude. Now, don't get me wrong, Ben had the greatest first two seasons of any QB in the NFL, but to say you'd rather have him than a young Brady is a rediculous statement. Brady may end up with 5-7 rings during his career...one for the thumb, and some to get started on the other hand. Ben's very, very good, but there's a good chance that Brady could be looked at as the best ever by the time he's done.
I never said that Ben Roethlisberger was better then Brady and I never will say that, because he isnt and likely never will be. All i said is id take him over a young Manning/Brady, not that Ben is better then either of them so i think you might not have completely got what i was saying.

I guess I don't get what you are saying either. If you don't think he is a better football player than them, why would you take him over them?

I appreciate what Ben has accomplished and will get taken to task for this, but he is a far cry from Manning or Brady. Work ethic, football knowledge, and off-field devotion all lag behind.

He meant what he means to the team i like the type of player he is when has peyton manning thrown a linebacker to the ground not saying he is better he is just a differebt type of qb not every qb is like manning hes strange! and didnt ben beat him hmmm so your seat is next to his in the film room and brady is to busy being baby daddy ha bens different thats all not better not worse

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
StillersFury

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks StillersFury, just one question, why do you hate the promotion of Arians to OC?

Terrible play caller.

Lost play calling duties twice in Cleveland. Including playoff year when the Steelers came back from 19 points down in the 2nd half

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: assistant coaches Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
StillersFury wrote:
What separates the good coach from the great coach is the ability to delegate power...Let your assistant coaches coach. The ability to step back
who is our assistant coaches now with Arians being Promoted, Grubbs leaving for AZ and I believe Perry was fired too? I cant find anything about it...

http://news.steelers.com/team/coach/

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: butch Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Quote:

Terrible play caller.

Lost play calling duties twice in Cleveland. Including playoff year when the Steelers came back from 19 points down in the 2nd half

Look what he had to work with , no wr, no rb no tight end, no line unless he can turn water into wine you cant do anything with that

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

StillersFury

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Including playoff year

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Including playoff year
Quote:

Cmon kelly holcomb played above his head and any team that seriously starts dennis northcut your doomed to fail really now they had nothing they just had a decent year

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: