Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

our d-line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: our d-line Reply with quote

i know we brought in new bodies, but i can't help but wonder what happens if they don't pan out. let's face it, there is a very good possibility that these guys will suck and then what? we didn't take any DL in the draft and we don't have any young guns on the rise. shanny needs to realize that we have enough RB's, but we never have d-linemen.

best case scenario for next year's draft is picking mathias kiwanuka from boston college. he'll probably be a top 10 pick so let's hope the skins blow balls.
The_Jester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanahan isn't very good at drafting d-linemen. Hunt? Mitchell? Toviessi? Eason?
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, you're very right. the only good DL shanny has picked is trevor pryce in '97. but we still have to keep trying. who knows when the next pryce will be there.
The_Jester

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: our d-line Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:

best case scenario for next year's draft is picking mathias kiwanuka from boston college. he'll probably be a top 10 pick so let's hope the skins blow balls.

I know this is crazy far off in the future, but for argument's sake, GBN (great Canadian site) has Denver taking junior Mario Williams from NC State first, with Kiwanuka still on the board, going two picks later. I don't know enough about college ball to comment, and the concept of a doing a mock 12 months before the draft is kinda silly. But . . . here ya go.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2006projection.html
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've seen that once before and if that's the way everything unfolded, i would love to trade up for omar jacobs. the guy's beast at 6'4" 220 lbs and passed for 4000 yards last year. he would be a great replacement for plummer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: