Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CLARRETT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cantstop85

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: CLARRETT Reply with quote

HAHAH YOU GUYS WASTED A DRAFT PICK IN THE THIRD ROUND FOR CLARRETT!HAHAHAHAHHA
boltfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: CLARRETT Reply with quote

Cantstop85 wrote:
HAHAH YOU GUYS WASTED A DRAFT PICK IN THE THIRD ROUND FOR CLARRETT!HAHAHAHAHHA

Dude I wouldnt doubt the donkeys when it comes to drafting RBs.
Peetus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a horrible pick. First, it is not a position of need. Bell proved last year that he can handle the load and Griffen is a solid #2. They also still have Anderson who will be back from his injury last year and the signing of Dayne. That is 4 deep and then the Broncos a player with character issues and could be locker room cancer.

If the Broncos wanted to take a chance on a boom or bust player why not draft Adrian McPherson who could pan out as a great QB right as Plummer is shown the door.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peetus wrote:
This is a horrible pick. First, it is not a position of need. Bell proved last year that he can handle the load and Griffen is a solid #2. They also still have Anderson who will be back from his injury last year and the signing of Dayne. That is 4 deep and then the Broncos a player with character issues and could be locker room cancer.

If the Broncos wanted to take a chance on a boom or bust player why not draft Adrian McPherson who could pan out as a great QB right as Plummer is shown the door.

i applaude this post
Namy5280

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peetus wrote:

Bell hasn't proven that he can handle the load. He worked with Droughns partially, and even then, Bell got injured. He seems injury prone, and with the RB injury crisis that the Broncos got last year, I'm guessing that Clarrett is just insurance for a "just in case" situation. Also, I Think Clarrett can be a good fullback, as he is a good blocker and receiver. Griffen isn't our #2 option IMO... he had 4-5 BAD games and only ONE good game. Also, Dayne is not proven either, so yeah... let's just wait and see how this pans out. I do a gree though that the Broncos should've taken a chance on McPherson... and how come we chose Darrent Williams over Justin Miller? Actually, I think we should've moved up for Ronald Bartell. Gah! Overall, this draft sucked for the Broncos. Not having a first rounder just sucks.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope shanahan is gone for next year and we have someone else picking our 2 top 20 draft picks.
Eagles1fan5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no no, this is a great PICK! Especially in Denver in that system. Maurice Clarett will be good here he probably wont be better then Tatum Bell but Maurice will be good, maybe a littlew early to pick him but he will be damn good
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we wanted a RB there, ciatrick fason was the pick hands down. if we loved clarett, we could have got him in the 6th.
The_Jester

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
if we wanted a RB there, ciatrick fason was the pick hands down. if we loved clarett, we could have got him in the 6th.

Word from ESPN and the Denver Post is that Parcells was going to take him in the fourth.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the broncos are known for turning ordinary backs into stars so will have to see. But I think they could have gotten by with the RBs they already had on the roster. But M. Shanahan is known for turning RBs to gold
Cantstop85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEWS FLASH!!!! TATUM BELL IS GOOD AND IM NOT EVEN A BRONCOS FAN!!!!!
boiseraider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to weigh in on this. Who better to open his big biased mouth than a Raider fan?

Clarett is an interesting pick-up, in that Denver does manage to turn backs who may not have even earned a second glance into superstars. I think taking him this early was a wasted pick, and if the Tuna wanted him in the fourth, more power to him.

But they've got him now, so what's next? Maybe he'll straight bump Dayne and Griffin right out of the picture. Who knows? Honestly, right now I'd rather see him carrying the ball than Tatum Bell, who could be the second coming of TD and wouldn't make me very happy if he was. I think the Raiders weak LB corp and secondary will have a rough time taking Bell down unless they upgrade. But then again, maybe Clarett's freshman season was the real deal. And maybe with a stable full of injured backs, which isn't out of the realm of possibility, this kid might get his shot. And just maybe he'll make all the cynics eat their own waste matter when they have to cheer for a guy they loathe.

All I know is, right now, no Broncos fan who has been laying it on thick for the Raiders' acquisition of the class act that is Randy Moss has said dog d*ck to me about it since Saturday afternoon. I'll take that small victory, at least until August rolls around.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people have to start realizing that quentin griffin is awful. he is awful. really bad. the slightest contact sends him flying to the ground. he should never touch the ball again. maybe on some kick returns, but now that we have darrent williams, we don't even need him for that.

we should cut quentin.
The_Jester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boiseraider wrote:

All I know is, right now, no Broncos fan who has been laying it on thick for the Raiders' acquisition of the class act that is Randy Moss has said dog d*ck to me about it since Saturday afternoon. I'll take that small victory, at least until August rolls around.

Let's not be too hasty here. Moss is a proven star. At least he is when he feels like playing. He will make the Raiders a better team. But, he's also an egocentric jerk who seems to have alienated most of his former teammates.

Clarett is not a proven star. Hell, he hasn't played football for two years. He could be a complete bust. But, from most accounts, he was respected by his teammates.

I think Denver fans have to give the kid a chance. He's not Randy Moss. Moss is a veteran. His persona as a self-centered egomaniac has been carefully and deliberately cultivated. He knows what he's doing, and offers no excuses, even when he should. Clarett is a kid, has made several mistakes, and has humbly admitted to them. Eventually. He's looking for a new start, and Denver has offered him one. He has done and said all of the right things since being drafted. If you're unhappy with when he was drafted, blame Shanahan. But give the kid a chance. If he plays well, Denver gets better. But I'm having these horrible visions of him being booed when he steps on the field in orange and blue. And that's not going to help him or the team.
Namy5280

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
people have to start realizing that quentin griffin is awful. he is awful. really bad. the slightest contact sends him flying to the ground. he should never touch the ball again. maybe on some kick returns, but now that we have darrent williams, we don't even need him for that.

we should cut quentin.

Agreed. Quentin showed last year in like 5 consecutive games that he can't take the beating of the NFL. If it weren't for that stupid Jaxonville game where Q fumbled the ball, we would've faced the Chargers instead of the Colts in the playoff game.

As for Clarrett, although Bell is an amazing back, I fear that he is injury prone as well. Most likely, I think Bell will get injured, and after Dayne shows minimal running competence, I think Clarrett will have his chance. If Maurice's freshman year wasn't a fluke, I can't wait for him to start running as a Bronco.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: