You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MASTERMIND's Quick Mock w/ Explinations At End

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MASTERMIND

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: MASTERMIND's Quick Mock w/ Explinations At End Reply with quote

Sorry about not posting for a while. Transmission broke and I've put in extra hours at work. Rolling Eyes

1. Adam Carriker
2. Justin Blalock
3. Anthony Waters
4a. Jacob Ford
4b. Quincy Black
5a. C.J. Gaddis
5b. Jackie Battle
6. Xzavie Jackson
7. Aaron Fairooz

I'm sold on Adam Carriker. He's an overall solid 3-4 DE/4-3 DT. Good speed for his size, great strength, and great football intelligence. Either way, it's a biased pick. Justin Blalock is my favorite guard. He does everything good, and he's smart. Anthony Waters can learn from Farrior. Jacob Ford could be a situational pass rusher this year, and next year take over Porter's gaping spot. Quincy Black will eventually take over for Haggans this year. C.J. Gaddis will make WRs apoligize for even thinking about catching the ball. Jackie Battle will complement Willie Paker. Xzavie Jackson will Practice Squad the year then be a situational pass rusher next year. Aaron Fairooz will be the tree the ball gets stuck in for the 4th WR in our 4 WR set.

Please Ask Questions or Bash My Picks. I Want To Hear It.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: MASTERMIND's Quick Mock w/ Explinations At End Reply with quote

MASTERMIND wrote:
1. Adam Carriker
2. Justin Blalock

If we are going to draft for the 4-3 defense then I would rather have DE Jamaal Anderson, Arkansas then Adam Carriker because it is harder to find a DE in the 4-3 that can rush the passer then it is a DT. I can live with Justin Blalock but I would rather trade up and get Ben Grubbs.
MASTERMIND

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An DE is a DE just as much as a DT is a DT. Carriker can play both, and will accel due to football intelligence. You can find a Priemium DE in most drafts for the 4-3. Besides, Anderson is still raw. Carriker will come in and have solid play. Same goes towards Blalock and Grubbs. Overall, I agree with you, but I like it when Top Round Players are ready to play at the NFL level form day one. This is just how I think the team would benifit the most.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: MASTERMIND's Quick Mock w/ Explinations At End Reply with quote

MASTERMIND wrote:
Aaron Fairooz will be the tree the ball gets stuck in for the 4th WR in our 4 WR set.

best way i've EVER seen that put (i even like the pick, although he may go higher)... nice one, truly.

the first round pick depends on the defense... if its a 3-4 for the next 3 years, Carriker is a total waste (unless Keisel actually plays OLB... doubt it). However, if its a 4-3 in 2008, that's an excellent pick.

it's really hard to comment on any mocks right now, but situationally, yours is very well thought out. Gaddis might go higher, same with Fairooz and maybe even Blalock. I like the positions though... nice job in theory.
MASTERMIND

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carriker is my homer pick. Besides, when did Kiesel play any better than average at best. He didn't do bad, but he didn't accel at all. He'd be a qualitly back up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carricker is as stiff as a board...I would not draft him in the second round

I actually hate the Carricker pick far worse then...

Revis
Hall
Paulie Bust your Nuts Poz
Harrell
Spencer
Moss
Rae Carruth

Carricker doesnt make plays. He faced 2 high talent tackles Last year..Sam Baker and Blalock

Baker supposely pancaked Carricker 12 times( i watched the game...Baker dominated Carricker...Not sure if it was that bad)

OMG did Blalock destroy him.

Carricker didnt make 1 play in either game..Not a single play..Zilch..Nada..Zedno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't be perfect from game one. He's not the best and I know it. That's why I said he's solid.

Who Did You Have in mind, instead?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't be perfect from game one. He's not the best and I know it. That's why I said he's solid.

Who Did You Have in mind, instead?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the original leader of the Jamal Anderson bandwagon

Anderson..Or trade down for

Johnson
Spencer
Poz
Beason

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Posted before you could plug in Anderson but he's raw.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw meaning

Quote:
Very long limbed.. very athletic pass rushing pure defensive end; with enough junk in his trunk to hold the point against the run. He is cat quick off the ball with a very long powerful 1st step. In his last 19 games started Anderson has 30 tackles for loss and 18 sacks(no player comes close too those numbers over a same period of time.. did this in the SEC). Only played Dline for 2 years. He needs some work with technique. His tools cant be taught and he will be a steal if he falls to 15.

I dont have to link to my own quotes Wink

Also beat the heck out of Sam Baker of USC..A player who dominated Carricker

Had his first legal drink after the combine...Just turned 21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a lot of room I'm a homer and like Carriker. Anderson is good but only has 1 1/2 years to 2 years playing time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean that the consensus is that Anderson has more potential upside? Because if this is the case, I'd rather have him than Carricker. Longer term high value rather than immediate just good value. That's what I think anyway.

Only other thing is... maybe draft some more Offensive Line depth? Something every team could use more of.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: