Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stop the Whining

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msmre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Stop the Whining Reply with quote

Not sure if you guys realize this, but you have very little information on the draft. TT and the staff know infinitely more than each one of you put together.

Rodgers will be the future of the Packers and will prove to be a great pick.

Collins was the next best rated S by ESPN.

Murphy will allow the packers to cut Chatman (who is worthless as WR). Murphy will also insure against Walker leaving by FA next year.

So relax, do not forget that you know nothing and enjoy the 3 4th rounders tomorrow.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with msmre we have our new FS our future QB and our new return man/WR of the future. Plus we have three fourth rounders so it is not over.

~Mozilla on the sig~
byzr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're crazy.
Rodgers - alright he's the future, BIG FRIGGIN DEAL, why don't we go ahead and pick Green's replacement as well cause he'll be worthless by the time that Favre is done(he'll play at least 2-3 more years). then we'll have to re-sign this guy or Nall and Nall will be the better of the two but because we took him 1st round we'll take him. he's gonna cost us money to sit on the bench and not do Sh!+.

Collins - could be alright. he may even start. i really don't have that big of a problem with him.

Murphy - is the next chatman bro. what's different they're both to small to be big time recievers. he didn't even have a fast 40.

the draft is supposed to help the team to come. this draft helps the team that Favre is on. are we trying to push Favre out, essentially saying hey Brett win with what you got but we aren't going to to go out of our way to really increase the talent. i don't know man i hope that i'm wrong everywhere and you guys can rip me as much as you want. all i want is winning and good defense.

Clarett on the last pick of the day.........

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of hard not to be pissed. I was OK with Rodgers. Hell, I was rooting for the Pack to take him when it was their pick. I wasn't as upset as most about Collins. I was intriged, but nothing more. But when we pass up Blaystock, Crowder, Tuck, and some quality guards and take a frickin wide out, I get pissed. He is at best fourth string, when most second round picks are 2nd string or starters.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no one else to pick in the first that was worth it I would rather steal a QB then reach for a D player.

You have no proof if Murphy will be good or bad you cannot say he is the next anything in till he proves what he is.

~Mozilla on the sig~
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murphy is average at best. 4.44 40 time. He's fast, but not a burner. Wasn't that great in college, either.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't honestly say TT knows more than us? Are you drinking the kool-aid again? The proof is in the pudding!

I mean TT had the reigns, but I thought it was a given that he needed to get Brett some defense so Brett doesn't have to do it all by himself??? I can't honestly see Brett deciding to comeback had he known what TT was going to do. I can't speculate, but if TT was honest with Brett, there's no way Brett would have returned.

If you saw the interview with Thompson after he drafted Rodgers, you could see he was completely out of it. His eyes were all glazed over and he seem incoherent like a bear coming outta hibernation.

I'm sure we'll still win a decent number of games, but playoff talk is foolish at this point. I mean, maybe I was an idiot for believing we could plug enough holes to give Brett another shot, ya know?

At least I can vent and most of you guys understand how pathetic the first day of the GBP draft was!
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when favre retires and rodgers steps in where is the defense coming from that will keep this team in contention? we have seen it with brees, p. manning, and soon harrington when a young Quarterback enters the league you do not win unless you have a stellar defense
ben roethlisberger is an exception because he has an outstanding o-line a great running back and there defense found ways to win even when injured, plus tommy maddox was the lowest paid starter in the league for like two years, so they didn't have favre's well earned cap buster
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I actually can say TT knows more then me and you because he is the GM and we are not. We have not just had a terriable draft we got a good FS a Nice future QB and a good return man plus three fourth rounders tommorrow.

~Mozilla on the sig~
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon me for not getting overly excited!

Today, we drafted 3 prospects at best. No sane individual can argue this point.

Ya know, I'll wait to see what the Journal/Sentinal has to say. Usually, they're tough on the Packers when they need to be. However, like everyone else with no balls, they're gonna laud the pick of Aaron Rodgers and we're gonna hear the same old crap like "best player available".

What nonsense, really! Vince Lombardi would be rolling over in his grave if he heard such silly gibberish!
SacredStar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:

Ya know, I'll wait to see what the Journal/Sentinal has to say. Usually, they're tough on the Packers when they need to be. However, like everyone else with no balls, they're gonna laud the pick of Aaron Rodgers and we're gonna hear the same old crap like "best player available".

In 1981, the Packers used the 6th pick of the 1st round to select Rich Campbell, a California QB rated high on all boards. Rich Campbell not only attended the same college as Rogers, he also has the Cal completion percentage record there with Rogers in second place.

I don't know if anyone here remembers Campbell, but he was a complete bust. Now GB uses the 24th pick in the 1st round for another QB from Cal.

Coincidental factors there......you Packer fans better hope the results are different. Campbell was considered college's best QB in 1981, Rogers isn't.
Phill23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats flat out dumb
BRETT FAVRE's HEIR APPARENT: Adrian McPherson oh wait it's the SOD: #12 Aaron Rodgers
dointhejwalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the fact that we passed on crowder and blaystock means we will sign Anthony Simmons...??????

We love you Becks
duxrule

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SacredStar wrote:
hauschild wrote:

In 1981, the Packers used the 6th pick of the 1st round to select Rich Campbell, a California QB rated high on all boards. Rich Campbell not only attended the same college as Rogers, he also has the Cal completion percentage record there with Rogers in second place.

I don't know if anyone here remembers Campbell, but he was a complete bust. Now GB uses the 24th pick in the 1st round for another QB from Cal.

Coincidental factors there......you Packer fans better hope the results are different. Campbell was considered college's best QB in 1981, Rogers isn't.

Same coach and stuff at Cal 24 years ago?? Jeff Tedford has been there THREE YEARS. Not really the same as a quarter century ago now is it.

Same situation as it is now days where this guy has been scouted since High School?

This isn't Nastrodamus guys. (Oooooo, the stars told me when Campbell was picked that the Packers would again make the same mistake)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: