You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mocks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanders is a safety. Wilson is a CB.

As for Winfield...

Quote:
Strengths: Is tough, strong, aggressive and technically sound. Has quick feet and smooth hips. Can knock receivers off their routes. Explodes out of his pedal and shows great closing burst. Fills hard, takes great angles and tackles with power. Will force some fumbles.

Weaknesses: Lacks size and occasionally will get washed out by bigger blockers. Loses some jump balls and gets shielded in traffic. Can be overaggressive.

Bottom line: Winfield is a solid player, but not Pro Bowl quality. He is exceedingly smooth in man-to-man coverage and is effective in run support.

There are exceptions to every rule.

For every Sanders and Winfield, I can find you 3 Allen Rossums.

Actually, your boy Wilson most reminds me of Rossum.

I'm not saying Wilson can't become a star. He has tons of athleticism and can definitely lay the wood.

Quote:
Bottom line: There were low expectations for Wilson, but he consistently made attention-grabbing plays in college. He had a strong Senior Bowl week to confirm the belief that he has the athleticism, explosiveness and playmaking ability to overcome his lack of size. Wilson should become a good NFL starter if able to refine his backpedal and make more plays on the ball.

The odds are against it, however, due to his size.

By the way, you should have mentioned Dre Bly instead of Antoine Winfield Razz

(thanks to untitledscream)
BigBen7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what about this guy - http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133227

Thanks for the tip Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1st day picks in my eyes & 4 round

1. Dwayne Jarrett-WR-USC- Just picture defensive Co. having nightmares trying to slow down this high powered offense. Reminds me of the days when we had Antwaan & Plax & Ward all together very dangerous w/FWP in the backfield.
2. Lamaar Woodley-LB-Michigan or Quentin Moses-LB-Georgia- Since no matter who we draft on defense they will not start on defense these two would be excellent rotating in w/Harrison & Hagans.
3.Ryan Harris-LT-Notre Dame- Versatile lineman who could play a lot of positions on the O-line. We are already deep on the O-line so this is our utility player up front.
4.Jonathon Wade-DB-Tennessee-Player for Mike Tomlin to groom. Solid man corner who has excellent cover skills, played football in big time conference and w/Coclough uncertain and Deshea on his last legs nice pick if he falls.
4b. David Patterson-DE-Ohio St.-We just let Bailey go so this is a value pick. Nice production. And he is strong enough to hold it down @ the point of attack. I have not thought about 5-7. Please reply.
gseabrook26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilruuner wrote:

1. Dwayne Jarrett-WR-USC- Just picture defensive Co. having nightmares trying to slow down this high powered offense. Reminds me of the days when we had Antwaan & Plax & Ward all together very dangerous w/FWP in the backfield.
2. Lamaar Woodley-LB-Michigan or Quentin Moses-LB-Georgia- Since no matter who we draft on defense they will not start on defense these two would be excellent rotating in w/Harrison & Hagans.
3.Ryan Harris-LT-Notre Dame- Versatile lineman who could play a lot of positions on the O-line. We are already deep on the O-line so this is our utility player up front.
4.Jonathon Wade-DB-Tennessee-Player for Mike Tomlin to groom. Solid man corner who has excellent cover skills, played football in big time conference and w/Coclough uncertain and Deshea on his last legs nice pick if he falls.
4b. David Patterson-DE-Ohio St.-We just let Bailey go so this is a value pick. Nice production. And he is strong enough to hold it down @ the point of attack. I have not thought about 5-7. Please reply.

This one isn't very good, IMO.
Jarrett is not a good pick b/c we'd be going BPA if we have no other choice and he certainly will not be BPA at #15. Woodley is an ok pick, but Moses is not worth a 2nd rounder at this point. Harris is an ok pick but T is less of a need that OG along the o-line. Wade is a good pick and I like him. IMO Patterson is useless and will get pushed around in the NFL.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gseabrook26 wrote:
Lilruuner wrote:

Jarrett is not a good pick b/c we'd be going BPA if we have no other choice and he certainly will not be BPA at #15. Woodley is an ok pick, but Moses is not worth a 2nd rounder at this point. Harris is an ok pick but T is less of a need that OG along the o-line. Wade is a good pick and I like him. IMO Patterson is useless and will get pushed around in the NFL.

I'd take Bowe over Jarret ever day of the week.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
StillersFury

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Jamal Anderson DE
2.Jon Beason OLB
3.Dan Bauzin De
4a.Julius Wilson OT/OG
4b.Jackie Battle Rb
5a.Walter Thomas DT
5b. Aaron Fairooz Wr
6.Toby Korrodi Qb
7.Justin Medlock K

Exact mock I had for PFW Media Mock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
1.Jamal Anderson DE
2.Jon Beason OLB
3.Dan Bauzin De

4a.Julius Wilson OT/OG
4b.Jackie Battle Rb
5a.Walter Thomas DT
5b. Aaron Fairooz Wr
6.Toby Korrodi Qb
7.Justin Medlock K

Exact mock I had for PFW Media Mock

SF, I know you're one of the guys who thinks we'll be going to the 4-3 by the start of the '08 season. So where do you see Beason playing for the time being? Also, can Bazuin stand up and play some OLB in the 3-4 this year?
StillersFury

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-highrisers040907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

NW Mississippi CC defensive tackle Walter Thomas
If you ever wanted to know how to make 100 NFL scouts raise their eyebrows, set loose an unknown, 370-plus pound defensive tackle such as Thomas in late January. Thomas was highly recruited out of high school by most schools in the Big 12, and picked Oklahoma State where he stayed for just over a year before having academic issues.

Thomas ended up at the JC level and thanks to him being a native of Galveston, Texas found his way into the Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Classic. He punished opposing defenders in one-on-one drills, using sheer strength, quickness off the ball and impressive balance for an athlete of his size. Thomas was also a sponge when it came to listening and taking to the coaching he received during the week.

His recent workout numbers wowed even the most hardened scout as he measured in at nearly 6-5, 373 pounds; ran between 5.11 and 5.20 in the 40; has 33 bench reps of 225 pounds; and had 11-inch hands. Players of his size and agility just do not come along often enough for teams to pass on him once the fifth round starts in spite of his limited game film, exposure to big-time competition and raw technique. Just think about this tidbit for a moment: he ran 1.70 in the first 10 yards of his 40. In comparison, one of USC wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett's 10-yard splits was 1.65 and Thomas weighs over 150 pounds more than Jarrett.

Beason is a 43 Will backer. He could play either Olb in a 34 and get by...He is not big enough to combat OT blocks to play there effectively

Bauzin could excel in a 34...He is relentless

Last edited by StillersFury on Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
Lilruuner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
gseabrook26 wrote:
Lilruuner wrote:

I'd take Bowe over Jarret ever day of the week.
I would take Bowe to but i think DJ will be an impact type of player to. this guy was considered the best WR coming into this season or 2nd best behind only Calvin Johnson. Trust me this guy will be a stud. 40 times & this and that are over rated. Look at Jerry Rice or Emmitt Smith. The guy is a quality WR and I would not be mad w/this pick. Other than the top guys in the top of draft on defense (ex. Gaines Adams or Laron Landry) you could pretty much shake all these DE-LB tweeners and they are all about the same. Not much difference between Moses, Spencer or Woodley feel me. I just do not want to reach for any LB in the first because we lost J-Peezy. Harrison is fine and Tomlin has stated this our starter. You might be right about Patterson though
StillersFury

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bolthype.blogspot.com/2007/03/put-walter-thomas-on-your-radar.html

http://www.genespage.com/images/01proday/2007-football/four.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-highrisers040907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

NW Mississippi CC defensive tackle Walter Thomas
If you ever wanted to know how to make 100 NFL scouts raise their eyebrows, set loose an unknown, 370-plus pound defensive tackle such as Thomas in late January. Thomas was highly recruited out of high school by most schools in the Big 12, and picked Oklahoma State where he stayed for just over a year before having academic issues.

Thomas ended up at the JC level and thanks to him being a native of Galveston, Texas found his way into the Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Classic. He punished opposing defenders in one-on-one drills, using sheer strength, quickness off the ball and impressive balance for an athlete of his size. Thomas was also a sponge when it came to listening and taking to the coaching he received during the week.

His recent workout numbers wowed even the most hardened scout as he measured in at nearly 6-5, 373 pounds; ran between 5.11 and 5.20 in the 40; has 33 bench reps of 225 pounds; and had 11-inch hands. Players of his size and agility just do not come along often enough for teams to pass on him once the fifth round starts in spite of his limited game film, exposure to big-time competition and raw technique. Just think about this tidbit for a moment: he ran 1.70 in the first 10 yards of his 40. In comparison, one of USC wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett's 10-yard splits was 1.65 and Thomas weighs over 150 pounds more than Jarrett.

Beason is a 43 Will backer. He could play either Olb in a 34 and get by...He is not big enough to combat OT blocks to play there effectively

Bauzin could excel in a 34...He is relentless

WOW
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Jamaal Anderson, DE
2.Justin Blaylock, OG probably will be gone if gone look at Charles Johnson or David Harris ILB
3.Zac DeOssie and see above, maybe WR, maybe De ray Mcdonald Florida
4a.Jackie Smith RB -weak rb class and might be a run on them here, Should've drafted Brandon Jacobs a few years ago.
4b.courtney Brown, Cb Cal Poly
5a.brian Robison or Antwan Barnes LB
5b.Oline depth
6.Aaron Fairooz
7.Anthony pudewell TE
m_mckinley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
honestly i think spencer is worht #15, and Josh Wilson will be the biggest steal in this years draft. Homeboy ran a 4.27

I love the Josh Wilson pick...I'm doing a 7 rounder now that I have him being the pick but I can't see Spencer going at 15...trade down with NYG or Denver if you want him...as long as we stay ahead of the Jets and Pats no one else is taking him in the first
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury:
Quote:
1.Jamal Anderson DE

I think he's a ideal fit for the Steelers
2.Jon Beason OLB
Wasted pick. If a LB going to sit a year I would rather have ILB
3.Dan Bauzin De
Chris Gocong
4a.Julius Wilson OT/OG
Never heard of him
4b.Jackie Battle Rb
Workout Warrior
5a.Walter Thomas DT
Never Heard of him
5b. Aaron Fairooz Wr
Good value pick
6.Toby Korrodi Qb
See 5a.
7.Justin Medlock K
Useless pick

Mocks are all biased and yours isn't any different than anybody elses

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I suggest google searches?

You can find info about 2 of the players in this thread

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/juliuswilson.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/tobykorrodi.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/danbazuin.html

Since you used Chris Gocong...Which is beyond asinine

Tell me one decent tackle Gocong played against?

Bauzin recorded 2 sacks and 6 pressures against Jake Long(Projected Top 3 pick in next years draft)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: