You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FWP and....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBen7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be kick A$$! But sadly I think he may be gone when we are on the board.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
how about FWP, and...............................................

He's a beast. That would be the #1 RB duo in the league. Then we could get our OLB w/woodley in the second and our CB with josh wilson in the 3rd

Im going to get T shirts made up that say just say not to Marshawn "JJ Arrington" Lynch..

Quote:
I would actually vote for FWP and....Najeh Davenport.

I don't see any reason to waste a pick above the 5th on any RB not named Adrian Peterson. And no, I'm not advocating we try to get Peterson. I am advocating that FWP is a developing franchise back.

If a talented back falls into the 6th..cool. Lots of names mentioned that I could live with at that point

Ya know, Treat, your pretty smart. But anyone who thinks like me is pretty smart. No RB before 6th, I agree. Would rather grab one in FA before camp.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:
Ya know, Treat, your pretty smart. But anyone who thinks like me is pretty smart. No RB before 6th, I agree. Would rather grab one in FA before camp.

Cool

Spush, I respect your opinion and the way you present it, so thanks bro.

My thoughts on the draft have evolved, but can be summarized pretty simply:

Day 1 is about preparing for an increasing 4-3 look and the type of players needed to make it work.

Day 2 is about O-line depth.

Unless a spectacular player falls into our laps, we can worry about the skill position depth next year and in the off-season with all that FA $$ we're gonna have to spend.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Hunt kinda reminds me of Eddie George, or Seatle's Warner, sp?, Slow but effective.(Anyone have thier combine #'s by the way?) Hunt runs lower to the ground though. While I'd love to get an explosive big back, I could definately live with a grinder, to protect 2nd half leads and keeps defenses honest. And to keep wp off the injury list. I don't care so much about 10 yard gains or 20 yard + gains if a guy can't convert 3rds and short Consistently. We should've drafted Brandon Jacobs in the 4th or 5th when he came out. I watched alot of PSU games and this kid can play. He can wear down Lbers and safeties. Behind a decent run blocking line he'll be alright. He's unimpressively effective. That said I rather have J.Battle later or a defensive front 7 player in the third like DeOssie or even a decently skilled Olineman that can Pass and RunBlock. I respect u dissenters, but he is not a Noah Herron, who is slow and sucks. Tony Hunt is slow, but somewhat effective...
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One problem with your theory...

Tony Hunt won't make it as an NFL grinder.

(thanks to untitledscream)
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could be a decent short yardage back to spell a feature back and can play in bad weather and is very tough and probably is the quality team player and seems to know he is kinda slow and runs accordingly. Behind a decent runblocking oline he can grind.
I guess u and I agree to disagree. But I saw him against Tenn, OSU, and Mich's and he was the 1 player those teams tried to stop because PSU had a very poor QB, and they could not. PSU wouldn't have won 5 games if it was not for Mr. Hunt. Didn't he excel at the senior bowl too?
spush

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not saying he will never sign an NFL contract, Im saying he'll never be a feature back. No way, No how.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't draft him unless he fell to the 4tha 4thb or 5th and we felt our oline depth and front 7 pass rushers holes were filled and JB / jackie battle was gone. He's a borderline starting back, I think he could of done just as good as Parker did against Baltimore x2, and Jacksonville, maybe SD. Parker had some horrible road games.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: