Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oklahoma Sooners Thread - 7 NC, 43 Conf. Titles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
Your coach is really, really, really, really, really dumb.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2012/2/21/2814321/oklahoma-coach-jay-norvell-twitter-commits-recruit-violations-ncaa

I guess we will see.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
thurst

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
Your coach is really, really, really, really, really dumb.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2012/2/21/2814321/oklahoma-coach-jay-norvell-twitter-commits-recruit-violations-ncaa

I guess we will see.

I'd be willing to bet that he was hacked. One tweet, ok ya he messed up, but not as many as were sent out. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fan of another school trying to be funny.
Texas Rangers
beavsandpatsfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith Ford Cool
thurst

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a few days old now, but its gonna be cool to see some familiar faces on the OU sidelines. Joe Jon Finley, Derrick Strait, and Joey Halzle to return to Sooners as coaches. I think Strait coming in is going to be huge for OUr CBs. Having a former Thorpe, Nagurski, and Consensus All-American to help out on the defensive side of the ball should help take OUr CBs to a whole other level.

Strait will be a defensive quality control coach, Halzle will be an offensive graduate assistant, Finley will be an offensive quality control coach and former Colorado player Ryan Walters will be a defensive graduate assistant after a stint at Arizona with DC Mike Stoops and LB coach Tim Kish.
Texas Rangers
beavsandpatsfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its good to see with guys like stoops and kish that ou is expanding their recruiting territory.
thurst

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB Kellen Jones is transfering and already been granted his release. This kid needs to get some stability at a college so he can grow to his full potential. Good luck to him where ever he goes, hope he has a good career.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/oklahoma/post?id=6616
Texas Rangers
thurst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landry Jones went to California to meet with QB guru George Whitfield Jr. while he was on his break. For those who don't know him, he was the guy that worked with Cam Newton some before the draft. He is working with Andrew Luck, and even worked with Big Ben during his 4 game suspension. I think it is great that he is open to working in his free time to get better.
Texas Rangers
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas drafted James Hanna? Thoughts on him?

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
thurst

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Dallas drafted James Hanna? Thoughts on him?

He has a ton of potential. He was never really a big part of our passing game, but Landry Jones wasn't really comfortable with anyone but Ryan Broyles it seemed. He has game breaker ability and I think you guys got a steal that late.
Texas Rangers
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After rumors and reports throughout Wednesday evening (the news was first reported by 24/7 network website OUInsider.com) that starting wideout Jaz Reynolds had been suspended and starting slot receiver Trey Franks had been dismissed from the team for violation of team rules, the school’s official athletics department website, SoonerSports.com, posted on Twitter at 10:05 p.m. that Reynolds, Franks, defensive back Quentin Hayes and wideout Kameel Jackson had been suspended indefinitely.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=695&articleid=20120509_298_0_FourUn359710

Good to see Bob keep the program clean yet again. Kameel Jackson had already announced he was transferring to A&M (unbeknownst to their head coach Kevin Sumlin). There was high hopes on Trey Franks, but he hasn't produced like they had hoped and apparently he's a bit of a diva in the locker room. Losing Jaz Reynods, who've I heard is suspended seven games (unconfirmed), will hurt. Good thing they recruited the WR class so well as Trey Metoyer and Courtney Gardner will be asked to play significant amount of snaps right away.
thurst

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Quote:
After rumors and reports throughout Wednesday evening (the news was first reported by 24/7 network website OUInsider.com) that starting wideout Jaz Reynolds had been suspended and starting slot receiver Trey Franks had been dismissed from the team for violation of team rules, the school’s official athletics department website, SoonerSports.com, posted on Twitter at 10:05 p.m. that Reynolds, Franks, defensive back Quentin Hayes and wideout Kameel Jackson had been suspended indefinitely.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=695&articleid=20120509_298_0_FourUn359710

Good to see Bob keep the program clean yet again. Kameel Jackson had already announced he was transferring to A&M (unbeknownst to their head coach Kevin Sumlin). There was high hopes on Trey Franks, but he hasn't produced like they had hoped and apparently he's a bit of a diva in the locker room. Losing Jaz Reynods, who've I heard is suspended seven games (unconfirmed), will hurt. Good thing they recruited the WR class so well as Trey Metoyer and Courtney Gardner will be asked to play significant amount of snaps right away.

Ya it will be 7 games. I think Stoops knew something was about to happen with the WRs, and thats why he recruited them so heavily. Metoyer is gonna be a beast, Gardner should be very good assuming he qualifies, but I'm really looking forward to Durron Neal, Derrick Woods, and Sterling Shepard. Shepard from what I hear is a faster version of Ryan Broyles, very good at finding soft spots in the field and very good hands. I hope its true.
Texas Rangers
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yooooooooooo, what's up fellas? I know this is old news but congrats on getting Jalen Saunders. This dude is absolutely electric and should help next season. Bummer he trasnferred after such a great year but new head coach came into town and his role changed. Here are his highlights from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSR7uV2ZjMQ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's keep this thread on the first page, shall we?

Apparently, the Sooners picked up a Penn State receiver.

Quote:
Penn State senior wide receiver Justin Brown has told Oklahoma coaches he will transfer and play for the Sooners, a source told ESPN's Joe Schad on Saturday.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8234820/penn-state-nittany-lions-justin-brown-transfer-oklahoma-sooners-according-source

But I particularly liked this nugget by ESPN.

Quote:
At the moment, the Sooners have only one non-suspended receiver -- junior Kenny Stills -- who has made a catch wearing an OU uniform.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Junior college wide receiver Courtney Gardner will not join the Oklahoma football team this fall, a source told the Tulsa World on Monday, but Gardner does expect to be part of the team when the spring semester begins next January.

http://oklasoonersblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/juco-transfer-courtney-gardner-will-not.html

So...we go from an embarrassment of riches at wide receiver to most of our incoming freshman having a good shot at seeing the field right away. Trey Metoyer is going to be asked to play a big role this year, I hope he's ready.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said he would make an announcement regarding the roster. On Wednesday afternoon, he dropped a bombshell.

All-Big 12 center Ben Habern has decided to end his career due to a neck injury.

http://normantranscript.com/ousports/x2068759388/Roster-shocker-Habern-done

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 30 of 33

Jump to: