Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oklahoma Sooners Thread - 7 NC, 43 Conf. Titles
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thurst

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Oklahoma Sooners Thread - 7 NC, 43 Conf. Titles Reply with quote

Since the other one was over a year old, LSUSAINT let me start a new one. What did everyone think of the Red & White game? I think Murray has the starting job locked up. He's been unstoppable. And Bradford has been getting better and better, I see him as the new starting QB. What are your thoughts?
Texas Rangers

Last edited by thurst on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it looking like it will be a platoon situation between Patrick and Brown, or will Patrick get the bulk of the carries this year? Personally I wold split the carries about 50-50. This way you can utilize a veteran oline better, run teh ball more to ease in the new starting QB, and keep both RB's fresh throughout each game and throughout the season. Not to mention I think that Brown is more explosive, even if Patrick is faster.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
thurst

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Murray getting 50% of the carries, with Patrick and Brown splitting the other 50%. Not positive though since Patricks been sidelined most of the spring with an injury. Brown has been good but not fantastic like Murray. Murray had 104 yards on 4 carries with 1 TD. Thats awesome and hes been doing it all spring.
Texas Rangers
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't heard of Murray, living in Ohio and him being a redshirt freshman, but i'll take your word on it.

Bradford has the best frame and long term potential so it's good that he is impressing.

My wife and her whole family is from Oklahoma so i've just been getting into Sooner football the past couple years and this is the first year i've been getting into it more in depth and earlier.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
jmckinney_27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I think Murray will be an electrifying player of Reggie Bush caliber. He will be the starter. The hardest thing the coaches will have to do is distribute the carries to the 3 running backs to keep them happy, but making sure you give your team the best chance to win by putting your best players on the field, and I think DeMarco Murray is the best running back we have. I remember a few years ago when everyone was saying Peterson would split carries with Kejuan Jones, and by midseason Peterson was getting all the carries. I think this year will be similar.... in the end DeMarco Murray will be getting the bulk of the carries.... He will be the man, maybe even a heisman candidate next year.
marktheshark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys cant beat Boize State? Come on here we are talking about little lame Boize State? FROM THE WAC! Not the almighty Big-12 but the WAC.
Not talking

Laughing Sorry I just had to rub it in a little. Wink
Good luck next year. It should be interesting to see who your next QB does.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise St. is a very good team. I'll give them that, but they should've never won that game. They had to pull 2 trick plays out of there butt literally, but I will give credit where credit is due. I'm just curious how they will do with a new QB and they lost a lot more than just Zabransky.
Texas Rangers
marktheshark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurst wrote:
Boise St. is a very good team. I'll give them that, but they should've never won that game. They had to pull 2 trick plays out of there butt literally, but I will give credit where credit is due. I'm just curious how they will do with a new QB and they lost a lot more than just Zabransky.

Well, Boise State had total control of the game and was leading 28-10 until the Aiona Key fumble. IMO if not for that UO would have been blown out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:
thurst wrote:

Well, Boise State had total control of the game and was leading 28-10 until the Aiona Key fumble. IMO if not for that UO would have been blown out.

Thats very true, OU capatalized on that fumble and took the momentum. And its OU, not UO. But anyways, like I said, I will give credit where credit is due. Boise St. was the better team that day.
Texas Rangers
jmckinney_27

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:
You guys cant beat Boize State? Come on here we are talking about little lame Boize State? FROM THE WAC! Not the almighty Big-12 but the WAC.
Not talking

well, the last I remember, nobody beat Boise State last year, so big deal, but I do agree with one thing you said, Boise State is a little lame school from the WAC.
marktheshark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmckinney_27 wrote:
marktheshark wrote:
Not talking

well, the last I remember, nobody beat Boise State last year, so big deal, but I do agree with one thing you said, Boise State is a little lame school from the WAC.

Oooo!!! That was mean. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, sometimes the truth hurts, but we gotta face the facts. Boise State is a good Football team in a weak conference. they had a great year, but in the end, the Sooners have a historically better program, and will be better than Boise State, or any other 2nd tier conference team this year and years to come. I do congratulate Boise State on their miracle season though.
rblevens

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for Mossis Madu to get some carries also. I played high school football with him at Norman High. He is almost as good as Murray and was also in the Rivals100. Well he was for awhile after the season ended.

Check out his senior highlight film - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c47NXsITDxg

I'm not in it because the only varsity time I got was at backup Rover. lol.

In 2-3 years.. Ryan Broyles will be one of the best corners or receivers in the Big XII. He can even play safety at the college level if he bulks up a little.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I have heard some good things about Madu, but it seems to me like he'll be the odd man out in this situation. With Patrick, Brown, and Murray I just don't see how he'll get on the field very much without injuries to one or more of the first three.
Texas Rangers
rblevens

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Brown as more of a zone running back. I think he will get a lot of the tough carries.

Murray and Junior will spell out AP. They both have been practicing being in the backfield and split out wide.. both are dangerous returners.. and both can play defense in a pinch.

All three will get PT and just wait til next year or the year after that.

The rich only get richer with the two great RB prospects already committed for 08 out of Texas. Both are in the preliminary top 100 for Rivals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: