You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gatek99's First Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Larry Fitz


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 185
Location: Butler, PA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
Quote:
The real issue with you is the fact that You are able to make negative remarks about someones sexual orientation, and remarks about someones skin color and the reason they dont do well on tests all in one day.


I appreciate the fact you capitalized "You" when referring to me.

Not sure when I made remarks about ones sexual orientation.

The remark about skin color was a social comment, not a racial comment. There is a lot more I could say about the issue to continue to put you in your place, but race discussions are off limits here.

I suggest you follow the board rules.

Thanks!


Oh, i follow rules quite well.

Really? Put me in my place. I dont often get the chance to speak to people who know everything. Dont hold back, put me in my place. Lets hear it Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayme96


Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10418
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbizzle69 wrote:
Jayme, you just had to get that little Tomlin jab in there before you could close your argument. You had a great argument going against him and then put yourself on his level by saying Tomlin has no business being a DC let alone an HC.

Apparently the other guy doesn't know much about football, but you know enough that Tomlin was the 100% wrong choice for the Steelers head coaching position, thats not being too hypocritical.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, why didn't the Rooney's contact you when they were doing their head coaching search, you seem to know more than everyone else about Tomlin, damn I can't believe we made that mistake. OUR FRANCHISE IS RUINED BECAUSE OF ANOTHER BAD HC CHOICE FOR THE STEELERS! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


I said Tomlin PROBABLY has no business being a HC, and I watched every game with him as the DC so I saw enough to KNOW he had no business being a DC. It's possible that Tommy will be a decent HC, but his performance as a DC last year leaves me very skeptical. If I hadn't been disgusted with his coaching all last season, I wouldn't have minded the Steelers hiring him. I'm just waiting, hoping to be proven wrong about him.

Please don't lump me in with the little wolfy. Wolfy speaks in absolutes about the future (and everything else for that matter), I don't. BIG difference.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayme96


Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10418
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Fitz wrote:
But hey look, its individuals who say things like you do that make me thankful for many of the other people on this forum.

By the way, thank you Jayme.

Anyway this guy can get banned??


I agree. The bad does make you appreciate the good much more.

You're Welcome. Wink

IDK, it'd be nice. IMO he should've already been banned long ago lol.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutwolf


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 1648
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*giggle giggle*
_________________

(thanks to untitledscream)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Larry Fitz


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 185
Location: Butler, PA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayme96 wrote:
Larry Fitz wrote:
But hey look, its individuals who say things like you do that make me thankful for many of the other people on this forum.

By the way, thank you Jayme.

Anyway this guy can get banned??


I agree. The bad does make you appreciate the good much more.

You're Welcome. Wink

IDK, it'd be nice. IMO he should've already been banned long ago lol.


Sigh.. Confused ...Do you really live in SDakota...haha.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayme96


Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10418
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Fitz wrote:
Jayme96 wrote:
Larry Fitz wrote:
But hey look, its individuals who say things like you do that make me thankful for many of the other people on this forum.

By the way, thank you Jayme.

Anyway this guy can get banned??


I agree. The bad does make you appreciate the good much more.

You're Welcome. Wink

IDK, it'd be nice. IMO he should've already been banned long ago lol.


Sigh.. Confused ...Do you really live in SDakota...haha.


Umm, yeah. Why do you ask? lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Larry Fitz


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 185
Location: Butler, PA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh just never met anyone from out there, thats all. Sorry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayme96


Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10418
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Fitz wrote:
Oh just never met anyone from out there, thats all. Sorry.


Oh ok lol. Nothing to be sorry about haha.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gatek99


Joined: 10 Feb 2006
Posts: 5253
Location: Ytown, Ohio
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would have known that my mock holding Brian Leonard would cause this much argument

and for whoever said they stopped reading after they say a Punter was teken with our fifth...1st off he wont last much longer than that...2nd he may be the best punter in this draft...3rd he sometimes out punts his coverage...now thats a strong leg, from what I have read and seen on TV hes bette rthan Gardocki and Barr
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
StillersFury


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 3965
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th.. The punter you have the Steelers drafting is a 3 step punter...How many 3 steps punters are there in the NFl...I will give you a hint...Begins with a Z and ends with ero.

Spedevula has a cannon for a leg...He will have to change his technique and set up in the NFl....High bust factor....Reason I would pass
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Larry Fitz


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 185
Location: Butler, PA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
4th.. The punter you have the Steelers drafting is a 3 step punter...How many 3 steps punters are there in the NFl...I will give you a hint...Begins with a Z and ends with ero.

Spedevula has a cannon for a leg...He will have to change his technique and set up in the NFl....High bust factor....Reason I would pass


I think this is correct. While taking a punter in this spot may not be a terrible idea, I think Podlesh would be a better selection, thats all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
treat88


Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 6722
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
Who would have known that my mock holding Brian Leonard would cause this much argument

and for whoever said they stopped reading after they say a Punter was teken with our fifth...1st off he wont last much longer than that...2nd he may be the best punter in this draft...3rd he sometimes out punts his coverage...now thats a strong leg, from what I have read and seen on TV hes bette rthan Gardocki and Barr


There seem to be a couple love him/hate him kind of players in this draft. Leonard is one of them. Poz, Branch, Moss are in the same category. Mention them in a mock and it generates discussion.
_________________



"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayme96


Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10418
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
gatek99 wrote:
Who would have known that my mock holding Brian Leonard would cause this much argument

and for whoever said they stopped reading after they say a Punter was teken with our fifth...1st off he wont last much longer than that...2nd he may be the best punter in this draft...3rd he sometimes out punts his coverage...now thats a strong leg, from what I have read and seen on TV hes bette rthan Gardocki and Barr


There seem to be a couple love him/hate him kind of players in this draft. Leonard is one of them. Poz, Branch, Moss are in the same category. Mention them in a mock and it generates discussion.


I think you're right there treat. I personally really really like 2 of those guys, torn both ways on Branch, and want no part of Moss. There seem to be others who feel just the opposite lol. I think most of it has to do with what we value in players. If you want character, skill lvl and versatility, you'll like Poz/Leonard. If you want better athleticism with low character you want guys like Moss, not to mention durability concerns. Branch makes me wonder about his work ethic and stuff like that, plus idk if he's really a need. I do think his potential is way up there though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StillersFury


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 3965
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matters how you define character.

Hines Ward running amuck throwing blocks....Thats character.

Colby Armstrong running the goalie and challenging everyone on the ice to fight defending his superstars is character.

Better example from Nfl

2 Years ago Tony Williams late hit Plummer a few plays later...George Foster broke out the chop block..Ending Williams career..Thats character.

Character in Sports is a tricky thing.


I would say Leonard is a low character type of player in my way of thinking...High character players get there nose dirty..They give it up for the team...You will carry that player off the field.. only way he will stop playing

Leonard blocks like a little girl...He doesnt sacrifice his body..He has the size and ability to block...He would prefer not to...Classic cake eater. White collar type of player in a blue collar type of town.

Hoge Kieder Witman Williams Lester left brain cells all over the field when they played in Pittsburgh..Leonard plays the game like its 2 hand touch.

Lets see the Leonard leap...

Find me a single clip of Leonard blowing some one up in the run game?

Onto being versitale.

Poz is...Leonard and Moss are not
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayme96


Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10418
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Matters how you define character.

Hines Ward running amuck throwing blocks....Thats character.


We define character differently. Character to me means them as a person. Not cocky. Not mouthy. Stays out of trouble. Plays hard. Team first.

I'd say Leonard fits that bill perfectly, whereas Hines certainly does NOT. Hines holds out, badmouths the team, stuff like that. Leonard was the face of Rutgers, and could've went pro last year and had much higher draft stock, but he chose to come back to help out his team-mates, and it worked. In doing so, he took a back seat to a star in the making, and hurt his stock in the meantime. That's character...selflessness. You're also comparing a RB/HB/FB hybrid-type player to a pure blocking/blow guys up-type pure fullbacks. Not the fairest comparison IMO. To me, I don't care if an offensive guy is laying the wood to people..I just want them to be good at what they do, and Leonard is good at what he does and his versatility is invaluable. I want my defensive players, on the other hand, to be the ones that are iron-men and laying people out right and left.

Ward has heart on the playing field, that is the one and only thing I really like about him...BUT, that's not character in my definitions.

Poz certainly has character and heart.....playing hurt, playing tough, playing hard.

But as you said, it depends on your definition of the term. That is to an extent, what I was getting at with my post before yours....or how much you value what you define as character.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group