You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gatek99's First Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cutwolf


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 1648
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we went WCO, yes he would.

I'm done arguing this. Leonard will not be a Steeler.
_________________

(thanks to untitledscream)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigBen7


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 21861
Location: England
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
I'm done arguing this. Leonard will not be a Steeler.


So I guess that you must know who he Steelers are going to Draft then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutwolf


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 1648
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:
I'm done arguing this. Leonard will not be a Steeler.


So I guess that you must know who he Steelers are going to Draft then.



Nope.

But I am 95% positive Leonard won't be one of them.
_________________

(thanks to untitledscream)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigBen7


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 21861
Location: England
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
Nope.

But I am 95% positive Leonard won't be one of them.


Darn. I was hoping to get the inside scoop Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gatek99


Joined: 10 Feb 2006
Posts: 5253
Location: Ytown, Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If hes picked hes picked if not then oh well, this is just one mans prediction
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
spush


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 13981
Location: On top of the world
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:
I'm done arguing this. Leonard will not be a Steeler.


So I guess that you must know who he Steelers are going to Draft then.


I dont know about many other teams, but I promise you the Pittsburgh Steelers will not look at him before the 5th round and according to most draft boards he'll be long gone by then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigben07MVP


Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10291
Location: Tallahassee, FL
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i stopt reading when we drafted a punter w/our fifth. Besides those two picks i like it.
_________________

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ghengis Graz


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 2086
Location: Gettysburg
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I actually read where at one point cutwolf actually said that FWP could block in the passing game? I recall numerous occasions where he single handedly got Ben whacked. FWP is a terrible blocker.

I also question the statement that FWP gained the majortiy of his yards in single back sets. Do you have data to back this up or are you guessing? I tend to think otherwise and that Kreider was the lead blocker for the majority of the yardage gained. Just my opinion though and wonder if you might actually know what you are talking about on this one or if you are just blowing off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayme96


Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10418
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
Quote:
Inferring = guessing. So don't tell me I'm wrong. That's your problem, you speak in absolutes like you actually know something, which of course you don't have a clue about.


Inferring = educated guessing.

You just talk, despite the fact you cannot even hope to talk football on my level.

Quote:
Leonard is a better blocker


False. Wrong. BS. *buzzer*

Since you won't trust my judgment, I guarantee you for every 1 scouting report you find that says he is a good blocker, I can find you 2 that say he needs improvement in that area.

Now, I'm not saying he is a bad blocker.

He's an adequate blocker. Nothing more.

Also, Willie Parker gained the majority of his yards out of single back sets. The fullback is no longer vital to our offense.

Quote:
better receiver


So? Kreider has 59 receptions in 7 years. Not because he is incapable, but because we don't use our FBs like that.

Haynes has 57 receptions over 5 years.

Hardly worth a 2nd round pick.

Quote:
He's also FAR from slow, running a 4.4 in the combine.


His official combine time was 4.52 at every source I read. I'd like a link to this 4.4, unless you made it up.

Quote:
He's the PERFECT 3rd down back


So you'd spend a 2nd round pick on a guy who would see only a few snaps a game and participate in even less?

Quote:
He also wouldn't be 3rd string as someone said he'd be. He'd be 2nd string, splitting carries with Fast Willie, and getting situational play-time. IDEAL pickup, especially after our new coach has went on record stating he wants to pick up another stud RB. We already have a traditional RB, why not get someone who adds something new, instead of replicating everything Fast Wilie does? BTW, some mocks have him going Rd1 to the Patsy-cakes at #28.


I'd take:

Kolby Smith
Jackie Battle
DeShawn Wynn
Dwayne Wright

over Leonard to be our backup RB. All can be had in rounds 4 or later.

We're an 8-8 team. Leonard in 2 would be a luxury pick.

Quote:

Thank you thank you thank you thank you. Now if there were only more that could back up their opinions with facts....at any rate...maybe the above mentioned individual is simply confused and really the Browns GM? I think many of his ideas fall directly inline with almost all of their philosophies


Are you sure you wanna graduate before you're actually ready to talk football with the big boys? I suggest you sit down, shut up, and observe for awhile longer.


I still can't believe your arrogant butt hasn't been banned from here yet. It sure should have been by now. Telling people to shut up, always talking down, that's flaming, period. Every damn post you make is against the rules in one way or another. You even admitted in your first sentence here that you GUESS. Educated or not, it's STILL A GUESS. So don't try and act like you know everything, because quite frankly you don't know anything most of the rest of us don't know. The other sentence that proves you know nothing is when you say Leonard isn't a better blocker than Fast Willie. That's Willie's weakest point, and he's a definite liability in pass blocking. That's why if we're running 4 WR sets, Leonard would be the man in there, not FWP. He'd get more than a few snaps per game too. I saw it live on NFL N during the combine where he ran a 4.4 in the 40. Might've been 4.49 (not sure anymore), but it was in the 4.4s. So it's a bit hard to provide a link to something I SAW ON TV. Don't call me a liar or fabricator.

The only reason we're 8-8 is because of injuries to Big Ben and Troy Polamalu. If EITHER of them had been healthy, we'd have been a playoff team. Twist it any way you like, to suit your pathetic agenda, but fact remains we're still one of the best teams in the NFL if healthy. Well, we were till we hired a coach who probably has no business being a HC....he sure didn't have any business being a DC.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jbizzle69


Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Posts: 3322
Location: Murder Capital of the US (Philadelphia)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayme, you just had to get that little Tomlin jab in there before you could close your argument. You had a great argument going against him and then put yourself on his level by saying Tomlin has no business being a DC let alone an HC.

Apparently the other guy doesn't know much about football, but you know enough that Tomlin was the 100% wrong choice for the Steelers head coaching position, thats not being too hypocritical.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, why didn't the Rooney's contact you when they were doing their head coaching search, you seem to know more than everyone else about Tomlin, damn I can't believe we made that mistake. OUR FRANCHISE IS RUINED BECAUSE OF ANOTHER BAD HC CHOICE FOR THE STEELERS! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
_________________

Thanks PatsDynasty21 for the sig.


Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XLIII Champions!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
StillersFury


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 3965
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The other sentence that proves you know nothing is when you say Leonard isn't a better blocker than Fast Willie.


Actually Rutgers didnt ask Leonard to pass protect often Ray Rice had more blitz pickup work then

Leonard...His run blocking is awful...Pass blocking is putrid..I dont like Leonard...He doesnt compare to Hoge or Riggins...He is Tommy Vardell II

Quote:
Don't get my wrong, I like Brian Leonard and Rutgers was one of my favorite teams to watch this season. However, it doesn't change the fact that Leonard isn't a true fullback or tailback. A team with several needs almost can't afford to draft Leonard on the first day. The team who will eventually draft him, possibly as high as the 2nd round, will be a team who has the luxury of adding a multi-faceted player who is a jack-of-all, master-of-none running back.


*
Quote:
Straight from the scout's mouth, "What's the big deal about Brian Leonard? He isn't a very good blocker and he sure as hell isn't a RB in our league."


http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2007/01/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutwolf


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 1648
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the real reason Jayme loves Leonard and hates Tomlin.

But we can't discuss certain things on this board.


Wink Wink
_________________

(thanks to untitledscream)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blacky Gold


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 3062
Location: The Lou
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Quote:
The other sentence that proves you know nothing is when you say Leonard isn't a better blocker than Fast Willie.


Actually Rutgers didnt ask Leonard to pass protect often Ray Rice had more blitz pickup work then

Leonard...His run blocking is awful...Pass blocking is putrid..I dont like Leonard...He doesnt compare to Hoge or Riggins...He is Tommy Vardell II

Quote:
Don't get my wrong, I like Brian Leonard and Rutgers was one of my favorite teams to watch this season. However, it doesn't change the fact that Leonard isn't a true fullback or tailback. A team with several needs almost can't afford to draft Leonard on the first day. The team who will eventually draft him, possibly as high as the 2nd round, will be a team who has the luxury of adding a multi-faceted player who is a jack-of-all, master-of-none running back.


*
Quote:
Straight from the scout's mouth, "What's the big deal about Brian Leonard? He isn't a very good blocker and he sure as hell isn't a RB in our league."


http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2007/01/


Let me just tell you how stoked I am to read a Tommy Vardell reference. I haven't thought of that guy since the days of playing Tecmo Bowl on my Sega. (I feel old....)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Larry Fitz


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 185
Location: Butler, PA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cutwolf"]
Quote:


Are you sure you wanna graduate before you're actually ready to talk football with the big boys? I suggest you sit down, shut up, and observe for awhile longer.


Ha, Ha, Ha...you are absolutley hilarious! I mean, wait hold on while I get back up on my chair...ok I just fell off from laughing again. Wow, so anyway, kind of funny how you suggest I need to graduate and grow up and then YOU say the most grown up thing I have ever heard with "shut up" I would say the same to you, but my mother taught me a long time ago not to talk to people like that with such a lack of respect. (And no, im not afraid to admit that I wish you were taught the same as well). If you dont want to treat me with respect, whatever. Im not going to cry becasue of some wacko's opinion of me on the internet.

The real issue with you is the fact that You are able to make negative remarks about someones sexual orientation, and remarks about someones skin color and the reason they dont do well on tests all in one day. Thats pretty sad. If my worst flaw is that I would sit and have a conversation with anyone from any walk of life from any part of the world, im quite proud. But hey look, its individuals who say things like you do that make me thankful for many of the other people on this forum.



By the way, thank you Jayme.

Anyway this guy can get banned??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutwolf


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 1648
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The real issue with you is the fact that You are able to make negative remarks about someones sexual orientation, and remarks about someones skin color and the reason they dont do well on tests all in one day.


I appreciate the fact you capitalized "You" when referring to me.

Not sure when I made remarks about ones sexual orientation.

The remark about skin color was a social comment, not a racial comment. There is a lot more I could say about the issue to continue to put you in your place, but race discussions are off limits here.

I suggest you follow the board rules.

Thanks!
_________________

(thanks to untitledscream)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group