You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gatek99's First Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gatek99


Joined: 10 Feb 2006
Posts: 5253
Location: Ytown, Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used the had, I didnt want to make it more unrealistic by trading all our picks and here I have a chance at getting more picks right nehow

and stop saying Leonard is a FB, we would never use him for that, I cant wait until he proves all you gusy wrong when we draft him Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
shanko


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a good draft. leonard is a bad pick. palmer is a good value pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11712
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Jackie Battle? Hmmm....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
6ondaway


Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 160
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
Brian Leonard is a WCO fullback.

We don't use our FBs in the way Brian Leonard's skills need to be utilized.

This coming from a New Jersey native Rutgers' fan.


and what was jerome bettis when drfted. Were we able to use him?

shhhhhh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Larry Fitz


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 185
Location: Butler, PA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ondaway wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:
Brian Leonard is a WCO fullback.

We don't use our FBs in the way Brian Leonard's skills need to be utilized.

This coming from a New Jersey native Rutgers' fan.


and what was jerome bettis when drfted. Were we able to use him?

shhhhhh


Well...i think the main point was that Leonard is probably not one of our biggest needs going into this year, but that point can obviously be argued. I woudlnt HATE the pick but i certainly dont LOVE it either. Secondly, Jerome Bettis could not ever run a 40 as fast as Leonard. And Jerome Bettis was not thrown the ball as much as Leonard in school. I think Leonard will be a player who is used as a pass catcher as much as a runner/blocker. Obviously different from Jerome's duties in the NFL. Lastly, If you think Leonard could be the next Bettis, I wont argue becasue as much as I doubt it, we never know. But you are kind of comparing apples with oranges. Neither of which do I think Jerome Bettis eats too many of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gatek99


Joined: 10 Feb 2006
Posts: 5253
Location: Ytown, Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all you Leonard haters...We wont use him as a starting FB

we will use Parker and Krieder in 1 back FB situations and then Parker and Leonard in two back situations...and so forth

HE WILL NOT REPLACE KRIEDER so please before you criticize stop saying he wont be a good FB
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BigBen7


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 21861
Location: England
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be out gadget guy that will line up at RB....Perfect to get the Defense thinking about what we could be doing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayme96


Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10418
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

I can infer by looking at Arians history.

Leonard's game speed and agility is too slow to be an NFL RB.

Not strong enough inside to be goalline. Not big enough (only 226)

We're not going to put in Mr. slow man in 4 WR sets. Especially not over our 1500 yard back.

In a nutshell, you're wrong.

He could excel in a WCO.

We're not going west coast.

Friendly bet that we're not going WCO?

I will concede I could see him playing the Haynes role, but 2nd round is WAY too high to draft a 3rd string RB.


Inferring = guessing. So don't tell me I'm wrong. That's your problem, you speak in absolutes like you actually know something, which of course you don't have a clue about.

Leonard is a better blocker, better receiver, so in receiving formations makes more sense to have him in there. He's also FAR from slow, running a 4.4 in the combine. He's the PERFECT 3rd down back, and he'd get in on lots of plays. He also wouldn't be 3rd string as someone said he'd be. He'd be 2nd string, splitting carries with Fast Willie, and getting situational play-time. IDEAL pickup, especially after our new coach has went on record stating he wants to pick up another stud RB. We already have a traditional RB, why not get someone who adds something new, instead of replicating everything Fast Wilie does? BTW, some mocks have him going Rd1 to the Patsy-cakes at #28.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Larry Fitz


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 185
Location: Butler, PA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayme96 wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

I can infer by looking at Arians history.

Leonard's game speed and agility is too slow to be an NFL RB.

Not strong enough inside to be goalline. Not big enough (only 226)

We're not going to put in Mr. slow man in 4 WR sets. Especially not over our 1500 yard back.

In a nutshell, you're wrong.

He could excel in a WCO.

We're not going west coast.

Friendly bet that we're not going WCO?

I will concede I could see him playing the Haynes role, but 2nd round is WAY too high to draft a 3rd string RB.


Inferring = guessing. So don't tell me I'm wrong. That's your problem, you speak in absolutes like you actually know something, which of course you don't have a clue about.

Leonard is a better blocker, better receiver, so in receiving formations makes more sense to have him in there. He's also FAR from slow, running a 4.4 in the combine. He's the PERFECT 3rd down back, and he'd get in on lots of plays. He also wouldn't be 3rd string as someone said he'd be. He'd be 2nd string, splitting carries with Fast Willie, and getting situational play-time. IDEAL pickup, especially after our new coach has went on record stating he wants to pick up another stud RB. We already have a traditional RB, why not get someone who adds something new, instead of replicating everything Fast Wilie does? BTW, some mocks have him going Rd1 to the Patsy-cakes at #28.


Thank you thank you thank you thank you. Now if there were only more that could back up their opinions with facts....at any rate...maybe the above mentioned individual is simply confused and really the Browns GM? I think many of his ideas fall directly inline with almost all of their philosophies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutwolf


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 1648
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Inferring = guessing. So don't tell me I'm wrong. That's your problem, you speak in absolutes like you actually know something, which of course you don't have a clue about.


Inferring = educated guessing.

You just talk, despite the fact you cannot even hope to talk football on my level.

Quote:
Leonard is a better blocker


False. Wrong. BS. *buzzer*

Since you won't trust my judgment, I guarantee you for every 1 scouting report you find that says he is a good blocker, I can find you 2 that say he needs improvement in that area.

Now, I'm not saying he is a bad blocker.

He's an adequate blocker. Nothing more.

Also, Willie Parker gained the majority of his yards out of single back sets. The fullback is no longer vital to our offense.

Quote:
better receiver


So? Kreider has 59 receptions in 7 years. Not because he is incapable, but because we don't use our FBs like that.

Haynes has 57 receptions over 5 years.

Hardly worth a 2nd round pick.

Quote:
He's also FAR from slow, running a 4.4 in the combine.


His official combine time was 4.52 at every source I read. I'd like a link to this 4.4, unless you made it up.

Quote:
He's the PERFECT 3rd down back


So you'd spend a 2nd round pick on a guy who would see only a few snaps a game and participate in even less?

Quote:
He also wouldn't be 3rd string as someone said he'd be. He'd be 2nd string, splitting carries with Fast Willie, and getting situational play-time. IDEAL pickup, especially after our new coach has went on record stating he wants to pick up another stud RB. We already have a traditional RB, why not get someone who adds something new, instead of replicating everything Fast Wilie does? BTW, some mocks have him going Rd1 to the Patsy-cakes at #28.


I'd take:

Kolby Smith
Jackie Battle
DeShawn Wynn
Dwayne Wright

over Leonard to be our backup RB. All can be had in rounds 4 or later.

We're an 8-8 team. Leonard in 2 would be a luxury pick.

Quote:

Thank you thank you thank you thank you. Now if there were only more that could back up their opinions with facts....at any rate...maybe the above mentioned individual is simply confused and really the Browns GM? I think many of his ideas fall directly inline with almost all of their philosophies


Are you sure you wanna graduate before you're actually ready to talk football with the big boys? I suggest you sit down, shut up, and observe for awhile longer.
_________________

(thanks to untitledscream)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gatek99


Joined: 10 Feb 2006
Posts: 5253
Location: Ytown, Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever watched Leonard? I don't know where you are getting this from. As a FB he is betetr than 90% of teh RBs in this draft...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Cutwolf


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 1648
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
Have you ever watched Leonard? I don't know where you are getting this from. As a FB he is betetr than 90% of teh RBs in this draft...


Of course I watched Leonard.

Leonard is good. But his skills do not fit in with the Steelers.
_________________

(thanks to untitledscream)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gatek99


Joined: 10 Feb 2006
Posts: 5253
Location: Ytown, Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because we havent used RBs liek this in the past doesnt mean we cant this year. The reason why we never did this is because we never had a runningback who can run, catch, and block all in one
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Cutwolf


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 1648
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
Just because we havent used RBs liek this in the past doesnt mean we cant this year. The reason why we never did this is because we never had a runningback who can run, catch, and block all in one


Except Willie Parker...

And Haynes...

and Bettis...

etc

They've all been dependable receivers. We just never involved them in the passing game.

You don't mold your offense around a 3rd string RB.

Christ, people.
_________________

(thanks to untitledscream)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gatek99


Joined: 10 Feb 2006
Posts: 5253
Location: Ytown, Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would not be 3rd string in the aspect of our offense. He will be used in so many ways if he came here...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group