Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who SHOULD it have been guys........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byzr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: who SHOULD it have been guys........ Reply with quote

who SHOULD have we have drafted instead of Rodgers guys? knowing who was stil available at the time who would you guys have drafted.

me it would have been Rudd probably, LB's are so important they play practically every position.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poole or Ruud
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pool, but I would have traded up to try to get Thomas Davis or David Pollack.
duxrule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of those guys has the value of Rogers. NONE of them.
hauschild

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dux,

We'll agree to disagree on this one. I understand your point, and I realize every pick of an NCAA football player is a gamble, there is no bigger gamble than taking a QB in round one.

There is a reason why 15 teams who picked ahead of Green Bay, who also had pedestrian QB's at best, passed on Rodgers. I'm not just jumping to conclusions here.

Just because the God-awful media had him rated high, doesn't mean he had any value because 23 teams passed on him. And, I know you'll get the usual BS from TT about "He was the highest rated on our board" crap.

I just don't think this was the best pick we could have made to improve our football team. Sure, we've busted in the 1st round before, last year, the year of Bubba Franks and Jamaal Reynolds, etc. But that hurts in the long run because those last few picks are the reasons why we have no depth on our team anymore.

That's what rocked about Holmgren and Wolf...we always had tremendous depth, which helped at playoff time. So, we won't know for 4 years and at least 15 millions dollars, if this kid is worth a lick. That is just plain illogical IMHO. I don't know how anyone can possibly sugar-coat this? I mean you can wrap a pretty bow around a turd, but it's still gonna stink!
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up in WI and despite my obvious allegiances, I still follow the Pack.

My heartfelt condolences to all the Pack fans. What a horrific pick. Brett agrees to come back another year and they spend a first round pick on THE ONLY GUY who can't help him win. That's just insane.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers had to take a chance on Rogers imo.

How could anyone argue selecting a Top 5 projected player no matter what the need?
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well for one san fran and green bay were obviously the only ones who held him to that pedestal, and san fran had other options
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
duxrule

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who else was going to take him between 3 and 24?? GB obviously felt that they have needs on D, but that Bretts Heir was falling into their laps. How many of these D players are SURE STARTERS for Opening Day? Pool over Freeman or Little. Little was telling Bates about things in the system during the interview with him and Freeman came from Miami WITH Bates. Why take that pick? NO REASON. Got 3 guys that are starters at LB that Thurman may or may not have been able to displace.

D line--which guy was going to take over for Kampman that they just spent over a million dollars on and start? We already agreed that they probably WON'T cut Hunt, and Grady is our interior stud. Which guy was coming out of the lineup guys? Maybe Carroll, but how happy are ANY of us if they take a 2nd round QB in round 1 and he doesn't start?

Sit back and relax. It's not all bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: