You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Philadelphia Eagles Draft Contest: Results Announced
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Philadelphia Eagles Draft Contest: Results Announced Reply with quote

Tired of the so called experts giving the Eagles an Outside Linebacker in the 1st round, or even worse a Wideout. Think you can do better? Sign Up Here for the Official Philadelphia Eagles Draft Contest 2007.

The official Philadelphia Eagles Mock Draft Contest 2007

Rules

1. Each competitor submits a full 7 round mock draft for the Philadelphia Eagles. You are in complete control; you may make as many trades as you want, as if you were the GM.
2. You can update and modify your mock draft as many times as you like up to 30 minutes before the draft starts (11:30 EST I believe).
3. You will be judged on ALL 7 rounds. The grading system will be described below:

Rounds 1 – 7 (6 points per pick)

Points System:

• 2 points – You have the Eagles selecting a position in the draft and they do, but is not that player, and is not in that round, or that day, for example:

I say the Eagles will draft Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame in the 1st round, and in fact they draft Jared Zabransky QB Boise State in the 7th round

• 3 points - You have the Eagles selecting a position in the draft and they do, but is not that player, and is not in that round, but is on that day, for example:

I say the Eagles will draft Tyler Palko QB Pittsburgh in the 5th round, and in fact they draft Jared Zabransky QB Boise State in the 7th round

• 4 points - You have the Eagles selecting a position in the draft and they do in that round , but is not that player:

I say the Eagles will draft Chris Leak QB Florida in the 7th round, and in fact they draft Jared Zabransky QB Boise State in the 7th round

• 5 points - You have the Eagles selecting a player in the draft, which they do, but not in that round

I say the Eagles will draft Jared Zabransky QB Boise State in the 6th round, and in fact they draft Jared Zabransky QB Boise State in the 7th round

• 6 points - You have the Eagles selecting a player in the draft, which they do in the same round.

I say the Eagles will draft Adam Carriker in the 1st round, and in fact draft Adam Carriker in the 1st round.

If there is a tie (which knowing my luck would happen), then there is a special tiebreaker question, in which you will have to PM your answer:

“Out of the 99 first day picks, how many of them will go on offensive players?”

With everyone’s mock draft being different, each mock draft may have a different number of picks, so you will be marked on every pick be it 1 pick or 10 picks, then your total mark will be worked out as a percentage. For example, if you want to we could trade away all our picks for a high first round pick to select Laron Landry for example. Then, you will be marked out a total of 6, then I will work out your percentage. On the other hand, if you have us trading away like mad, giving us 10 picks, then you will be marked out of 60.

Example 1

This is an example of the points system; I will be using the first four rounds of the 2004 draft as the example, using Walter’s Football 4 round mock draft as the contestant.

Walter’s Football:

Round 1 Pick 28: Jonathon Vilma OLB/ILB Miami
Round 2 Pick 58: Joey Thomas CB Montana State
Round 3 Pick 89: Greg Jones RB Florida State
Round 4 Pick 129: Shane Olivea OT Ohio State
Round 4 Pick 131: Marcel Allmond CB USC

Actual Draft:

Round 1 Pick 16 (from San Francisco): Shawn Andrews OG Arkansas
Round 3 Pick 89: Matt Ware CB/S UCLA
Round 4 Pick 129: J.R. Reed FS South Florida
Round 4 Pick 131: Trey Darilek OG UTEP

1st round: The contestant receives no points for the first round as we did not draft a linebacker in the draft (4 rounds).

2nd round: The contestant receives three points for the 2nd round, as we did draft a cornerback on the same day, but not in that round.

3rd Round: The contestant receives no points for the 3rd round as we did not draft a running back in the draft (4 rounds).

4th Round (1st Pick): The contestant receives no points for the 4th round (1st pick) as we did not draft an offensive tackle in the draft (4 rounds).

4th Round (2nd Pick): The contestant receives no points for the 4th round (2nd pick) as we only drafted one CB in the first 4 rounds, and the contestant has already received the points from that.

So, from this draft, they get 3 points out of a total for their draft of 30 points.

Example 2

This is another example of the points system; I will be using the first four rounds of the 2005 draft as the example, using Walter’s Football 4 round mock draft as the contestant.

Walter’s Football:

Round 1 Pick 31: Roddy White WR UAB
Round 2 Pick 35 (from Miami): Erasmus James DE Wisconsin
Round 2 Pick 63: Frank Gore RB Miami (Fl.)
Round 3 Pick 77 (from Kansas City): Michael Roos OT Central Washington
Round 3 Pick 94: Elton Brown OG Virginia
Round 4 Pick 132: Justin Green FB Montana

Actual Draft:

Round 1 Pick 31: Mike Patterson DT USC
Round 2 Pick 35 (from Miami): Reggie Brown WR Georgia
Round 2 Pick 63: Matt McCoy OLB San Diego State
Round 3 Pick 77 (from Kansas City): Ryan Moats RB Louisiana Tech
Round 4 Pick 102 (from San Francisco): Sean Considine S Iowa
Round 4 Pick 126 (from Denver via everyone): Todd Herremans OT Saginaw Valley State

1st round: The contestant receives three points for the 1st round, as we did draft a wide receiver on the same day, but not in that round.

2nd round (1st pick): The contestant receives no points for the 2nd round (1st pick) as we did not draft a defensive end in the draft (4 rounds).

2nd round (2nd pick): The contestant receives three points for the 2nd round (2nd pick), as we did draft a running back on the same day, but not in that round.

3rd Round (1st pick): The contestant receives two points for the 3rd round (1st pick) as we did draft an offensive tackle in the draft (4 rounds).

3rd Round (2nd pick): The contestant receives no points for the 3rd round (1st pick) as we did not draft an offensive guard in the draft (4 rounds).

4th Round: The contestant receives no points for the 4th round as we did not draft full back in the draft (4 rounds).

So, from this draft, they get 8 points out of a total for their draft of 36 points.

Example 3

This is another example of the points system; I will be using the 2006 draft as the example, using Todd McShay’s 7 round mock draft as the contestant.

Todd McShay:

Round 1 Pick 14: Winston Justice OT USC
Round 2 Pick 45: Thomas Howard OLB UTEP
Round 3 Pick 76: Derek Hagan WR Arizona State
Round 4 Pick 108: Ray Edwards DE Purdue
Round 4 Pick 116: Greg Eslinger C Minnesota
Round 4 Pick 127: Jesse Mahelona DT Tennessee
Round 5 Pick 147: Garrett Mills TE/FB Tulsa
Round 5 Pick 168: Skyler Green, WR/RS, LSU
Round 6 Pick 204: Derek Morris OT N.C. State
Round 7 Pick 220: Jeff Webb WR San Diego State

Actual Draft:

Round 1 Pick 14: Brodrick Bunkley DT Florida State
Round 2 Pick 39 (from Tennessee): Winston Justice OT USC
Round 3 Pick 71 (from NY Jets): Chris Gocong DE Cal Poly
Round 4 Pick 99 (from New Orleans): Max Jean-Giles OG Georgia
Round 4 Pick 109 (from Green Bay via St Louis): Jason Avant WR Michigan
Round 5 Pick 147: Jeremy Bloom WR/RS Colorado
Round 5 Pick 168: Omar Gaither OLB Tennessee
Round 6 Pick 204: LaJuan Ramsey DT USC

1st round: 5 points (Selected Justice in the 2nd round actually)

2nd round: 2 points (Selected Gaither in the 6th round actually)

3rd Round: 2 points (Selected Avant in the 4th round actually)

4th Round (Pick 1): 2 Points (Selected Gocong in the 3rd round actually)

4th Round (Pick 2): 0 Points (We did not draft a C in the 7 rounds of the draft)

4th Round (Pick 3): 3 Points (Selected Ramsey in the 6th round actually)

5th Round (Pick 1): 0 Points (We did not draft a TE in the 7 rounds of the draft)

5th Round (Pick 2): 4 Points (Selected Bloom in the 5th round actually)

6th Round: 0 Points (We only drafted one OT, and the points have already been awarded)

7th Round: 0 Points (We only drafted two WR, and the points have already been awarded)

So out of a total of 60 points, Todd McShay’s draft got 18 points, which is 30%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, it is harder than expected, lets see if you can do better.

Any questions, problems or queries, ask me here, or PM me, and I will be happy to answer them.

I will make a mock draft thread once a few people have signed up, and may try and see if one of the mods can sticky it. This thread (the sign up one) will also be used for discussion of mock drafts.

In the spirit of friendly competition, please respect everyone's mock draft. Ths is what makes the NFL Draft so good, everyone has contrasting opinions.

So everyone sign up and enjoy Laughing

Mark

Last edited by marky_b27 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:28 pm; edited 7 times in total
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not usually someone who purposely bumps up my own threads, but this is a speical case. This is going to be a fun game, and it would be great if as many people as possible could particpate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill do it
Im just not subiting my stuff today

Dont bump, people will see it Smile

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think posting full mock drafts in here is a good idea, unless you already touched upon this and I missed it I think we should just have links to your mock.

I'm not in a mocking mood right now lol so I'm going to hold off a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Draft Contest 2007: Sign Up Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Round 1 Pick 16 (from San Francisco): Shaun Andrews OG Arkansas

That's like a slap in the face to Philadelphia Eagles fans. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll submit mine on draft day
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the Shawn Andrews typo, damm quick typing. Anyway, if it is easier, anybody woh wants to take part can also just submit their link of the latesr mock draft if it is easier. Mock drafts are fun, and I hope to add some a competitive nature to them.

Anyway enjoy, and lets look forward to draft day.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. Just don't feel like making one right now
EAtotheGLE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest Mock, And its my official Entry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

confusing i do not under stand butt check out my gm mock its of da chain
stevec0008

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle5 wrote:
confusing i do not under stand butt check out my gm mock its of da chain

Really?!?! im so excited!!
Confused Rolling Eyes
Post it, not in here, a new thread, i wanna see this..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shamless bump as we get closer to draft time, and as I removed the link from my profile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in

Rams vs. Patriots 17-20*; Panthers-Patriots, 29-32*, Eagles-Patriots 21-24*
Steegles46

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as how this is an officially sanctioned FF Eagles Forum Contest ( Wink ), I'll sticky this until draft day marky_b27.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Official entry will come soon, but count me in on this.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: