You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trades I Wouldn't Mine Seein

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Trades I Wouldn't Mine Seein Reply with quote

Since Charles Grant is unhappy ill either trade him to the broncos or jaguars for they first round pick. If not that then ill trade him to the redskins or vikings for they second and third round pick in this years draft. Ill trade our 2008 2nd round pick for Kris Jenkins and trade a 3rd round pick for Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
WildByNature

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Trades I Wouldn't Mine Seein Reply with quote

JoeJr2 wrote:
Since Charles Grant is unhappy ill either trade him to the broncos or jaguars for they first round pick. If not that then ill trade him to the redskins or vikings for they second and third round pick in this years draft. Ill trade our 2008 2nd round pick for Kris Jenkins and trade a 3rd round pick for Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

wishfull thinking but i like it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins don't have a 2nd and 3rd and the Vikings already have run stuffing ability it's pass rush they are missing and Grant hasn't been good at that the past 2 years
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright then not the redskins. Either the vikings or bucs. Last year wasn't a bad year. He had 6 sacks. Over his career he had a balance attack. Kevin Williams can also pass rush. You can't block Charles Grant 1 on 1. So u still gotta count for him 2.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Trades I Wouldn't Mine Seein Reply with quote

I think your best shot would be trading Grant to the Broncos. It seems that Denver will be going for broke this season and if he could pass a physical, I'd like to see Grant to the Broncos for Al Wilson and the Broncos second rounder. (that we would use on Grants replacement).

WhoDat!
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its cool with me. Just get rid of unhappy charles grant for somethin. I just dont want them to do like they did in the Jim Haslett era
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's only unhappy cuz we tagged him and haven't been able to give him a contract yet. Once he gets the green he'll be happy, and if not we can just ship him out at some point. Probally on draft day.
THRILLHO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver doesn't have the cap room to accomidate Grant, not even for one year franchised. Franchise him again next season like we did with Howard, then either let him play out his last season, sit out, or try to deal him.
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason y i say if they gon get rid of him get rid of him asap cuze this year draft is so deep at d-line, corner and receiver. The colts dont have the salary to sign a dwight freeney either
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually they do have the room to sign Freeney as they had the room to Tag him and that's way mroe money than what he'd get on the FA market. With that being said I think we will still address the D-Line with or without Grant here just incase we can't work out a long term deal so we have a competent replacement when he leaves.
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colts only had money to tag him. Last time i check they was last in the nfl in salary. Thats y alot of they players on defense is gone. They need to do somethin with charles grant
Valkyrus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade him(Charles Grant) to Oakland for Randy Moss and the Raider's 3rd round pick (65th overall). Coach Payton can keep Moss in place long enough to win the Super Bowl, and then get rid of him. With 4 3rd round picks, a Grant replacement can easily be found. Either in the 3rd round or moving up into the 2nd, or trade for K.G.B.
santibanezaa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the raiders pick russell, it will be primarily to go vertical with moss. since all the "insiders," have jamarcus going #1, it's unlikely that oak-town'll want to get rid of their problem child at the moment. i wouldn't mind seeing that trade happen, though. that is, if he can keep his mouth shut for a ring.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valkyrus wrote:
Trade him(Charles Grant) to Oakland for Randy Moss and the Raider's 3rd round pick (65th overall). Coach Payton can keep Moss in place long enough to win the Super Bowl, and then get rid of him. With 4 3rd round picks, a Grant replacement can easily be found. Either in the 3rd round or moving up into the 2nd, or trade for K.G.B.

we only have one 3rd rounder. the raiders' 3rd would give us two. a players like grant isn't easily replacable with a 1st rounder...and I think that it is VERY unlikely that you find a talent like Grant in the 3rd round. It happens...but it is very rare. KGB couldn't replace grant. Grant plays run defense...KGB can only rush the passer and plays absolutely NO run defense.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: