You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

marlin jackson

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smstuart14

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: marlin jackson Reply with quote

What do you guys think? I thought so. I'm surprised with justin miller still on the board they went with jackson since miller is faster and can be a return guy. Jackson is big-ten which we seem to like alot and a solid cover guy and tackler. Hopefully we'll go linebacker or a dt/de tweener like canty (shaun cody could drop we can hope)
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as you see from my sig i love the colts and the pack and this is the guy evrybody on the packers forum wanted all along , i was also surprised the colts didn't take miller but not as surprised as what the packers did
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge Michigan Fan and You guys got a great player. Ill miss him. I hope he does good with the Colts. Can play safety or corner but hes ALOT better corner.
andersong0857

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya I wanted them to pick Justin Miller to but I understand now after hearing about what Bill Polian said that Marlin Jackson is a good fit for the colts. You downgrade a little speed for a more physical bigger cornerback which the colts needs.

All in all I like there draft picks my only surprise was Kelvin Laydon 2nd round pick which I was pretty surprise they took him this high but from what I have read about him he has a huge upside.

Only player that I wish they took a chance on was Anthawj Hawthorne who I know tested for positive for drugs but what a big monster of a tackle that could be a huge steal which was picked up in the 5 round I believe. He was a projected 1st round pick. Thats too bad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bigred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very happy we did not draft Hawthorne as he is a loser - Polian doesn't play that, and bravo to him.

I think Miller also had "character issues" so again, Jackson probably was the most logical pick.
inkwell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUpposedly Jackson's biggest weakness is biting hard on play fakes. He will be going against the best play fakes in the game every day in practice so hopefully he will learn Very Happy Laughing Razz
bigred

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think Polian is counting an awful lot on Dungy's ability to teach Jackson and Heyden....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: