You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Deuce McAllister
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Deuce McAllister Reply with quote

Just a thought. Don't really wanna make the trade but what ya'll think about trading him to the Browns for the 3rd overall pick or to the Bills for the 11th pick
BCsaintsFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

defenitly not Reggie is no where near ready to take over the whole running game by himself.
co151515

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Browns would do that I would definatley make the trade. You are either going to get Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson. I doubt the Browns would ever do that though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't say no. i would say HELL no. has anyone noticed that RB tandems are becoming not only common, but are on their way to being a staple? ours is one of, if the THE best in the league, and breaking it up for a reciever seems ludacris to me. how many teams gave up one of their best players last year just to move up and draft colston? exactly. in sean i trust.

also, (not saying this will happen), those of you who have unwaivering faith in C.J. might wanna check this out for a little history refresher:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6641632
TheRookie25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Just flat out no. He's the perfect compliment to Bush and the perfect back to help Reggie progress. He can most definitely teach Reggie to be a better uphill runner and make him better at reading defenses. And from a personal standpoint, I see him as the heart and soul of this team and the real leader in the locker room. I really hope we never part-ways with him.
socalsaints

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRookie25 wrote:
No. Just flat out no. He's the perfect compliment to Bush and the perfect back to help Reggie progress. He can most definitely teach Reggie to be a better uphill runner and make him better at reading defenses. And from a personal standpoint, I see him as the heart and soul of this team and the real leader in the locker room. I really hope we never part-ways with him.

My thoughts exactly.

Deuce simply means too much to this team and community to ever let him go. He is the perfect guy to teach Reggie how to be successful in the NFL and because he is so humble, I dont think he would ever complain if Reggie was getting more and more carries. His charity work is second to none.

There is not a player or pick in the NFL that I would want to trade Deuce for. Ever.

Thanks to Broncos_Baby for the sig!
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as the offense was working last season, why on earth would you even consider a Duece trade? Duece and Reggie should be splitting until Duece can't run anymore.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
THRILLHO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one would be willing to take up Deuce's contract. It jumps up significantly when he turns 30, which isn't too long from now.

I love the guy, but if he doesn't renegotiate his contract, he won't be in black and gold too much longer. He's still a very good back, but, when the time comes that cutting him is necessary to keep guys like Will Smith and Jamal
Brown, it's the right move. Reggie will never be the kind of back like LT and LJ, but that doesn't mean he can't touch the ball quite a bit more than now and be the clear cut #1 to a guy like Jamal Branch's #2.
ako

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give away reggie bush before deuce
LoneScorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading Duece....is the most random, crazy idea I have heard! Bush and McAllister are the best running back duo in the entire league. We would not want to break that up for anything in the world!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
co151515

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ako wrote:

are you serious?????

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoneScorpio wrote:
Trading Duece....is the most random, crazy idea I have heard! Bush and McAllister are the best running back duo in the entire league. We would not want to break that up for anything in the world!

Hey bro, your avatar is way too big. Check the Sig and Avatar forum and they'll fix you up.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
ako

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

co151515 wrote:
ako wrote:

are you serious?????

lol yes it's a personnal opinion, but i prefer McAllister over Bush... he is a bruising RB and a great person
gen. manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="navysaintsfan"]As well as the offense was working last season, why on earth would you even consider a Duece trade? Duece and Reggie should be splitting until Duece can't run anymore.[/quote]

He's right
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yall gotta face reality. Theirs another side of football then whats played on the field. Thats a 120 million in the back field. Sooner or later its gonna come up. Either he gonna have to take a pay cut or get cut like Joe Horn. I dont want it to happen. I'm a deuce supporter 2 but somethin gon happen.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: