Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the justo sort of redoes FFMD mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better than FFMD roster?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
justo is an idiot
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author Message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12939
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: the justo sort of redoes FFMD mock Reply with quote

I did this mock assuming players would go off the board at their slots in FFMD.

Sign:
Greg Jennings
Sam Shields
Steven Jackson
Brad Jones
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Tom Crabtree

Trade:
Finley moved to Miami for a 3rd round pick.

1 (26) Jesse Williams DE/NT Alabama

One of my favorite prospects being projected in the late 1st/early 2nd as of today. I think Williams could spell Raji/Pickett at NT as well as play DE. With Raji/Wilson/Pickett coming off contracts soon this gives a Worthy/Williams DE tandem that would give Thompson some peaceful rest in 2014. Not a bad pass rusher for his size:weight, either. Weakness: he has YOLO tattooed on his face.
2 (57) Barrett Jones OL Alabama

Pretty sure everyone on here knows what this means. Just all around security on the offensive line, sans LT. DOUBLE R THEORY.
3 (79) Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse

Shamarko is an all-around freak. He's not the biggest guy on the field, but he's going to make you some boom/bust plays. I know we are hell bent on looking at FS's, and Shamarko is probably a SS for us, but I think he would be worth it. All the rest of my high rated S's are already off the board at this point. Also, he's got dreads, so he's a TT lock.
Trade:
(90), (185) to Indianapolis for (88)
3 (88) Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State

With Finley being shipped off there is an immediate need for TE. Crabtree can hold down for a couple games, but he's not going to stretch the field or be the long term solution. We trade up to make a move for the 2nd best TE in the class. (You could argue Kelce, but I think his off-field stuff pushes Escobar to a clear lead for me. Vance McDonald played slot WR in college. Not sure anyone is solid on him being able to block at the next level.) He's a middle class-man's version of Tyler Eifert. He's going to be able to fit in the vertical system we run well, and he can actually block.
4 (121) Leon McFadden CB San Diego State

Double dipping at a second school. This is a pure value pick for me. No real need for a CB this early, but McFadden is so good at man it's hard to pass him up in the late 4th. He's not the tallest guy (might be over that 5'10" threshold), but he's going to be able to excel in the slot with us. Also, a four year starter with the Aztecs.
4 (comp) Chris Harper WR Kansas State

Again, not really a need with Jennings coming back, but he's the BPA. Chris Harper is a thick, strong, former QB. He's basically Anquan Boldin. Every time I see him play he reminds me of him. He doesn't have great speed, but he's got everything else.
5 (154) Matt Scott TW Arizona

Has to be done.
6 (comp) Kyle Juszczyk FB Harvard

A former TE that converted to FB during Senior Bowl week. I honestly think that him on a rookie contract would trump Kuhn on his current one. Juszczyk could also replace Williams/Taylor in the HB role they have been getting PT in. Could keep him and replace two guys.
7 (218) Chris Jones DE Bowling Green

Chris Jones put up crazy sack numbers for a interior lineman at Bowling Green. I figured that if he was as good as his stats I would have heard more about him. Only game I saw was a SJSU/BGSU game that I cut to see David Fales. He stood out in it though. Never can have enough competition on the DL.

Roster
QB Aaron Rodgers, Matt Scott
RB Steven Jackson, DuJuan Harris, Alex Green, James Starks
WR Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Chris Harper, Jeremy Ross
TE Gavin Escobar, Tom Crabtree, Ryan Taylor, Kyle Juszczyk (FB)
OT Bryan Bulaga, Derek Sherrod, Marshall Newhouse, Don Barclay
OG Josh Sitton, T.J. Lang, Greg Van Roten
OC Evan Dietrich-Smith, Barrett Jones

DE Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Jesse Williams, Jerel Worthy, Mike Neal, Mike Daniels, Chris Jones
NT B.J. Raji
OLB Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Brad Jones, Dezman Moses
ILB Desmond Bishop, A.J. Hawk, D.J. Smith, Terrrell Manning
CB Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Casey Hayward, Davon House, Leon McFadden
S Morgan Burnett, Shamarko Thomas, Jerron McMillian, Jarrett Bush

K Mason Crosby
P Tim Masthay
LS Brett Goode

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12238
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesssssssssss pleeeaaasssssseeeeeeeeeeee

as of now, this is pretty much a best case for me

McFadden and Harper are ok. Other than that I love everyone else
_________________

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3686
Location: SNJ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you actually redo a mock that isn't technically finished? I guess it's ok since you include a timewizard. I think... Right? Anyways. Outside of that little paradox, very much want.
_________________
Stop me if you've heard this one: a stockholder and a skypilot walk into a bar...


Last edited by HyponGrey on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12939
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Can you actually redo a mock that isn't technically finished? I guess it's ok since you include a timewizard. Outside of that little paradox, very much want.
It will never be finished. Always going to be a what if. The Beatles of FFMD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3686
Location: SNJ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Can you actually redo a mock that isn't technically finished? I guess it's ok since you include a timewizard. Outside of that little paradox, very much want.
It will never be finished. Always going to be a what if. The Beatles of FFMD.
We're never taking that pick are we...
_________________
Stop me if you've heard this one: a stockholder and a skypilot walk into a bar...


Last edited by HyponGrey on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RiotPunch


Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Posts: 1015
Location: Cream City
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Scott/Flynn pic continues to haunt my dreams at night.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12939
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
That Scott/Flynn pic continues to haunt my dreams at night.

New nightmare.

Photoshopping prospects into Packer uniforms arm race has started. All down hill from here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kal-El


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 3614
Location: Milwaukee, WI. Team: Packers.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than FFMD.
_________________
stockholder wrote:
Nothing coherent. Ever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 2000
Location: Kinston, NC
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock except for the Scott pick. I just don't see a point in drafting a QB at that point in the draft unless Tyler Bray is still hanging around. Josh Boyce is also a much better pick than Chris Harper but I get why you picked Harper. I just prefer Boyce because of what he could bring to the table vs. what Harper could do for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12939
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I just don't see a point in drafting a QB at that point in the draft unless Tyler Bray is still hanging around.
I just don't trust Harrell. Only way I see us not taking someone (even late) is if they have confidence in Coleman pushing Harrell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 2000
Location: Kinston, NC
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
I just don't see a point in drafting a QB at that point in the draft unless Tyler Bray is still hanging around.
I just don't trust Harrell. Only way I see us not taking someone (even late) is if they have confidence in Coleman pushing Harrell.


Agreed on Harrell, I thought he should've been cut last year but I just don't see anyone in this QB draft class that I think is worth a pick in the latter rounds. Last year we had a couple guys I liked but with the outside exception of Jordan Rodgers, I really don't see anyone else I feel comfortable with. I think people make too much of the USC win Arizona had with Matt Scott last year. Just my personal opinion.

I do, on the other hand, have a lot of confidence in Coleman and thought that both he and Datko were flat out highway robberies in the 7th last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12238
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
justo wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
I just don't see a point in drafting a QB at that point in the draft unless Tyler Bray is still hanging around.
I just don't trust Harrell. Only way I see us not taking someone (even late) is if they have confidence in Coleman pushing Harrell.


Agreed on Harrell, I thought he should've been cut last year but I just don't see anyone in this QB draft class that I think is worth a pick in the latter rounds. Last year we had a couple guys I liked but with the outside exception of Jordan Rodgers, I really don't see anyone else I feel comfortable with. I think people make too much of the USC win Arizona had with Matt Scott last year. Just my personal opinion.

I do, on the other hand, have a lot of confidence in Coleman and thought that both he and Datko were flat out highway robberies in the 7th last year.


I have no confidence in Coleman based on the fact that we have kept Harrell Laughing

I am all for taking a QB that early, and hope that we do. I would love to have a competent backup, and this is probably the year to do it, with a weak QB draft at the top, I can see these guys lasting long.
_________________

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3284
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I choose both the first and third option in the poll?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12238
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
How do I choose both the first and third option in the poll?


Vote on the third and then say in the comments you like it better than FFMD. justo is an idiot must win
_________________

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12939
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
How do I choose both the first and third option in the poll?


Vote on the third and then say in the comments you like it better than FFMD. justo is an idiot must win
Always does. Even in Draft forum: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515668
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group