You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If I was The GM
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOLIMITSOILDER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: If I was The GM Reply with quote

1st- I would Give up 2 #1 for Samuels he is better and proven than CBs in draft ready to play now. PLUS ALL WE ARE GOING TO LOSE IS THE #31 PICK NEXT YEAR. SUPERBOWL CHAMPS.

2nd- Trade Grant for a second and third this year I dont want his bad vibes in the locker room.

3rd- Trade For 3rd for Jackson Good investment

Now on to the Draft

2rd-Moses/DE Replaces Grant
2rd-Tyler/ DT Beast for the middle
3rd-McCauley/ Ihope he last this long May have to move up
3rd- Blades/LB If we Draft this Guy He will start at LB
4th-Patrick/ TE Next Gates Johnson has one year
5th-Ball/WR Could Develop nicely
6th-Zbikowski/ S:LB THIs Guy is Tough as nails He will make his way on the field Toughest player in college football (This is not track and field forget numbers.)
7th-Tate/ QB I just love this Doug Fluti Clone

THat gives U a line up of

QB-Brees
RB-Duece/Bush
FB-Karney
WR-Colston/Jackson
TE-Johnson/Patrick
OT-Brown/Stichcomb
OG-Nesbit/Evans
C-Faine

DE-Smith/Moses
DT-Thomas/Tyler
OLB-Fujita/Simmons
MLB-Blades
CB-Samuels/McKenzie
S-Harper/Bullocks

I think Bullocks Will better more confident with Samuels too.
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let's see we have 3 4th rounders right now. I like Samuels but not 2 #1s. a #1 and a #2 next year sure.. but not 2 #1s. And getting Samuels is not going to guarantee us a Super Bowl. It'll improve our chances but we were lucky having only minimal issues with injuries...

Grant is worth more than a 2nd and a 3rd I'd rather just package our 2nd and Grant to move back up into the 1st or even a 2nd this year and a conditional pick next year that starts as a 2nd could be a 1st if he ends up as a pro-bowler etc.

With a 1st this year and next to say for ease and we trade Grant to maybe Detroit as they need a DE and might do a 2nd and 3rd for him as they only really lose 1 pick and can pick a secondary player/Calvin Johnson at #2 to improve their team as no DE in the 2nd would be nearly as good as Grant.

that would give us.

5th
6th
7th

Our needs would be DE, DT, WR, LB, QB, OL depth in that order as DT becomes more of a need after Grant is gone.

#34-Charles Johnson/Anthony Spencer/Justin Harrel
#58-Tank Tyler/Anthony Gonzales/David Harris
#66-Mebane/Rufus Alexander/Josh Wilson
#88-Brandon Siler/Jason Hill/Josh Gattis
#123-Troy Smith/Jordan Palmer/Jared Zabrankowski
#125-Above/David Ball/OL
#126-BPA

And even tehn I think at best we go 10-6 with a back-up DE trying to fill the role of the best run stuffing DE in the league, and that's if we are lucky enough to get Detroit or someone that high willing to give up their picks for Grant.
mksadng

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Well let's see we have 3 4th rounders right now. I like Samuels but not 2 #1s. a #1 and a #2 next year sure.. but not 2 #1s. And getting Samuels is not going to guarantee us a Super Bowl. It'll improve our chances but we were lucky having only minimal issues with injuries...

Grant is worth more than a 2nd and a 3rd I'd rather just package our 2nd and Grant to move back up into the 1st or even a 2nd this year and a conditional pick next year that starts as a 2nd could be a 1st if he ends up as a pro-bowler etc.

With a 1st this year and next to say for ease and we trade Grant to maybe Detroit as they need a DE and might do a 2nd and 3rd for him as they only really lose 1 pick and can pick a secondary player/Calvin Johnson at #2 to improve their team as no DE in the 2nd would be nearly as good as Grant.

that would give us.

5th
6th
7th

Our needs would be DE, DT, WR, LB, QB, OL depth in that order as DT becomes more of a need after Grant is gone.

#34-Charles Johnson/Anthony Spencer/Justin Harrel
#58-Tank Tyler/Anthony Gonzales/David Harris
#66-Mebane/Rufus Alexander/Josh Wilson
#88-Brandon Siler/Jason Hill/Josh Gattis
#123-Troy Smith/Jordan Palmer/Jared Zabrankowski
#125-Above/David Ball/OL
#126-BPA

And even tehn I think at best we go 10-6 with a back-up DE trying to fill the role of the best run stuffing DE in the league, and that's if we are lucky enough to get Detroit or someone that high willing to give up their picks for Grant.

Trust me Samuels would improve us a TON Fred Thomas<<<<<<Asante Samuels. And hes right josh Bullocks wouldnt have to worry about getting beat over the top every play if we had Asante and yes charles grant is the best run stuffing DE in the NFL but how do u know Moses wont be jst as good?

Dontrelle Willis will have an ERA over 6 with the Detroit Tigers!
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill sign charles grant and will smith and Ill sign dwight freeney and give up dis year first round pick and next year first round pick
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeJr2 wrote:
Ill sign charles grant and will smith and Ill sign dwight freeney and give up dis year first round pick and next year first round pick

If we have Grant and Smith, why on earth would we give up 2 firsts for Freeny? Thats one of the most insane things I have heard in this forum in awhile.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. Remember the year we had Darren Howard, Will Smith and Charles Grant. We was 1 of the top teams in sacks. Howard had 11 Grant had 10 and Smith had 8. They couldnt block all 3 and Grant is big enough to play defensive tackle
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuze Moses is not as big as Charles Grant. He is similar to Robert Mathis
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeJr2 wrote:
Not really. Remember the year we had Darren Howard, Will Smith and Charles Grant. We was 1 of the top teams in sacks. Howard had 11 Grant had 10 and Smith had 8. They couldnt block all 3 and Grant is big enough to play defensive tackle

But we didn't give up TWO first round picks for any of those players. You're trying to play Madden here. It'll never happen and it makes no sense.
fishingforjimbo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeJr2 wrote:

They couldnt block all three because one of them was on the sidelines every play. You cant have three ends on the field at the same time.

Grant is NOT big enough to play DT, which is why he doesnt play DT.

BTW, why would we ever trade Grant? Why break up one of the best DE combos in the NFL? Yeah hes angry right now because we franchised him, but he'll behave once we give him a new contract. We obviously will after conserving all of our cap room during free agency.

BE A SAINT
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless if all 3 on the field at the same time. Its a D-Line rotation to keep them fresh and healthy. Grant is about 300 pounds so he can play D-Tackle. The reason y he dont cuze aint no other player to challenge him at the position. Look at the bears d-line. Dwight Freeney is worth it and Charles Grant gets double blocked alot
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeJr2 wrote:
Regardless if all 3 on the field at the same time. Its a D-Line rotation to keep them fresh and healthy. Grant is about 300 pounds so he can play D-Tackle. The reason y he dont cuze aint no other player to challenge him at the position. Look at the bears d-line. Dwight Freeney is worth it and Charles Grant gets double blocked alot

Grant is in the 280-290 range. And he is a pure DE, one of his best aspects is being the great pass rusher he is. Why would you want to take that away by moving him to DT? It makes no sense. And they played just fine with no rotation. And finally if we did want someone for him to rotate with, we sure as heck won't be shooting for someone who is franchised and can easily start on ANY other team.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hea u but at da same time Grant is 290. Brian Young is 298. We dont get no pass rush n da middle. Da saints have 115 million and dats only dis year alone so we cant say wat da saints is thinkin bout doin. Charles Grant is a balance d-end more of a run stopper. If he was den wat happen da pass 2 years. He only average about 2 sacks and almost a hundred tackles. The saints would have already gave him the big contract. Well da need to do somethin to take the pressure of him. Da reason y they blitz cuze da dont get enough pressure with the front 4. So dat Fred Thomas on a island
jeffryred

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JoeJr2"]I hea u but at da same time Grant is 290. Brian Young is 298. We dont get no pass rush n da middle. Da saints have 115 million and dats only dis year alone so we cant say wat da saints is thinkin bout doin. Charles Grant is a balance d-end more of a run stopper. If he was den wat happen da pass 2 years. He only average about 2 sacks and almost a hundred tackles. The saints would have already gave him the big contract. Well da need to do somethin to take the pressure of him. Da reason y they blitz cuze da dont get enough pressure with the front 4. So dat Fred Thomas on a island[/quote]
[b][size=18][/size]
Your reasoning is about as sound as your poor English. You make no sense to me and it seems you like to hear yourself talk. Grant is a good DE, but is not Julius Peppers. A speed rusher most often does not have the bulk to hold up against the run. Feeney is not that solid against the run and he has improved since his rookie year. This is a team game and sacks and losses behind the line come from more than one player's pressure most of the time. It is seldom just a one on one drill.....[/b]
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say...re-sign C. Grant and get a CB or two in the draft. C. Grant is far more valuable to our team than a CB. He is the best run stopper and does get great pass rush despite his average sack totals. Samuels is a very good player...but in all likelyhood we can only afford one...and I think that C. Grant is the guy who we should invest our money in. Top DEs are very hard to come across. We have been spoiled recently with J. Johnson, D. Howard, C. Grant, and W. Smith...but the truth is that DEs are very hard to find. CB is not nearly as difficult to find...and if we spend a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder on a CB...one of them will pan out.
JoeJr2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont get confused by the way i write my words. If u from new orleans or ever been to new orleans thats how we talk. The Saints Have a problem with spending money. It shows when people get paid they dont play as good or always hurt. It sounds like you sayin dwight freeney isnt good. Its all about makin plays. Charles Grant is a good player not a great 1 but yet he wants dwight freeney type money. Yall all sayin cornerback but we was 3rd against the pass and 23rd against the run.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: