You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Might get killed for this...but here's a 2 round mock

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patty Ice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Might get killed for this...but here's a 2 round mock Reply with quote

I did on another site with 30 other participants.

1st round
Trade with Carolina. 14th overall for 27th overall and '08 1st round pick

14th overall: MLB Patrick Willis

2nd round
Trade with Tampa Bay. Charles Grant and 88th overall for Simeon Rice and 35th overall.

35th overall: CB Marcus McCauley

58th overall: WR Craig Davis

Did a lot of intra-division trading but I believe I got good value out of them and looking to positioning myself to draft Ikaika Alama-Francis.
co151515

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its ok, but i wouldn't want to give up next years 1st round pick.
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

co151515 wrote:

Yes. I didn't like trading next year's first round pick or the Charles Grant trade. You got ripped off in both.

Solid picks though.
Patty Ice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSUSAINT wrote:
co151515 wrote:

Yes. I didn't like trading next year's first round pick or the Charles Grant trade. You got ripped off in both.

Solid picks though.

My reasoning for trading the 1st next year was that I believe that Willis will be a superstar and well worth the price of an extra 1st. It's a gamble but I think he comes out on top.

Second one was I figure that Grant will be leaving next year so might as well get something now. Getting McCauley was that nice something. Rice adds a pass rush and veteran presence. I only added the third since it's going to be a 3 round mock and wouldn't expect the guy to accept a pick he can't use. Would have rather offered a 4th.
TheRookie25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Might get killed for this...but here's a 2 round mock Reply with quote

Patty Ice wrote:
I did on another site with 30 other participants.

1st round
Trade with Carolina. 14th overall for 27th overall and '08 1st round pick

14th overall: MLB Patrick Willis

2nd round
Trade with Tampa Bay. Charles Grant and 88th overall for Simeon Rice and 35th overall.

35th overall: CB Marcus McCauley

58th overall: WR Craig Davis

Did a lot of intra-division trading but I believe I got good value out of them and looking to positioning myself to draft Ikaika Alama-Francis.

I've really liked the idea of trading up to get P. Willis, I'd even pull a "Ditka" and give up our entire draft to get him.

With the trade with Tampa for Grant, I don't like the idea of picking up Rice. I'd take Rhonde Barber instead especially if we take McCauley so he won't be rushed into the starting position. I have faith that Rob Ninkovich would do well with Charles gone. Just my 2 cents.

Overall I like the picks even if we are losing alot, because they would payoff in the end.
jeffryred

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Patty Ice"][quote="LSUSAINT"][quote="co151515"]its ok, but i wouldn't want to give up next years 1st round pick.[/quote]

Solid picks though.[/quote]

My reasoning for trading the 1st next year was that I believe that Willis will be a superstar and well worth the price of an extra 1st. It's a gamble but I think he comes out on top.

Second one was I figure that Grant will be leaving next year so might as well get something now. Getting McCauley was that nice something. Rice adds a pass rush and veteran presence. I only added the third since it's going to be a 3 round mock and wouldn't expect the guy to accept a pick he can't use. Would have rather offered a 4th.[/quote]

At least you are thinking! That is a plus! Here are some facts to consider.

1. McCauley has slipped because he totally lost his confidence last year and got benched by his coach. He admits he lost his confidence. He would be asked to start from day one as a Saint. That is not a good situation for him or the Saints. We do need a starter at CB. His size and speed measureables do not tell the story. He may be a bust. He needs to be able to work in and regain his confidence.

2. Simeon Rice is a RDE not a LDE and was injured last year. He is in the last year of his contract and might also be difficult to re-sign if he has anything left in his tank.

3. Few players are worth two # 1's and I don't see mortgaging the future when the Saints are close to being perennial contenders.

4. If you wish to find a large difference maker by trading down and having it cost less, think about a team who needs a DE such as the 49ers, Redskins, Titans, Rams, etc and see what they would give for Charles Grant. Then, use the best offer to guage whether or not moving Grant makes sense. He could be re-signed if he gets realistic.
5. Maybe the 49ers would give their #1 for Grant. You might be able to grab Willis, still have no other picks at risk, and look for a REPLACEMENT AT #27. But, the Saints still need a CB. Where would Willis play? Why did the Saints sign Simmons for 3 years and re-sign Shanle for 4 years?? What if Willis is taken in the top ten? This must be a draft day trade to know you would be able to get you man!

Keep thinking!
HawkRules47

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the trade up up is highly unlikely. Patrick Willis will most likely be gone to the bills, and although the Saints linebacking core isn't playmaking it is solid enough to get the job done.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: