You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints Mock Draft Rounds 1-4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
co151515

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Saints Mock Draft Rounds 1-4 Reply with quote

This is what I hope we will do come draft day...

Round 1- CB Eric Wright (UNLV)- He is a big, nice sized corner with a 4.36 40 time. At 192 pounds that is impressive. He will excel on the other side of McKenzie.

Round 2- MLB Brandon Siler (Florida)- Has good size and average speed. He is a good hitter and a great run stopper. He will fit in well with our system.

Round 3- TE Matt Spaeth (Minnesota)- at 6-7, 270 pounds he has great size for a TE. Hes a good blocker and can get open across the middle.

Round 4- WR Chansi Stuckey (Clemson)- He is a little undersized but has good hands and good quickness. He is productive.

Round 4- WR Dallas Baker (Florida)- 6-3, 208 pounds, will go up and grab balls over defenders. He is very athletic and is a redzone threat.

Round 4- LB Zak DeOssie (Brown)- 6-4, 250 and runs a 4.6 forty. He looked good at the combine and is a small school sleeper. He was very productive in college.

comments are welcome

Last edited by co151515 on Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great draft except for Rouse. How do we get an extra 3rd?

Rouse isn't a need at S and this isn't the Haslett era. We won't draft him and turn him into an OLB which he'll most likely be in the NFL.
co151515

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSUSAINT wrote:
Great draft except for Rouse. How do we get an extra 3rd?

Rouse isn't a need at S and this isn't the Haslett era. We won't draft him and turn him into an OLB which he'll most likely be in the NFL.

thanks, my fault for adding the extra 3rd. I was looking at whodatworm23's mock and i saw the two 3rd rounders and then I realized it was wrong. Im gonna take the rouse pick out b/c we only have one 3rd. my bad lol
mattmatt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Wright pick in the 1st. looks like the top 4 CB's will be gone but he is sneaking up the boards and is a solid #5 CB

I'd like to see a DT instead of one of the LB's and actually I like DeOssie more than Siler.

job though

Keato
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Saints Mock Draft Rounds 1-4 Reply with quote

I had two third rounders in my mock because I had the Saints trading our second to the seahawks for Darrell Jackson and there third. I also had the Saints trading there sixth rounder for Orlando Mare whitch turned out to true yesterday.

I'd be ok with your draft but I dout Peyton and Loomis will even give Wright a look in round one. Although talent wise I have him in my top three of corners this year, his off field history will absoulty hurt his stock, especally in the eyes of Sean Peyton who values good character above anything else! I also dout that the Saints will draft two wide receivers in the first four rounds and why take a shot on the Brown kid if you get Siler in the second? Where's the help at defensive tackle?

Still, love your outlook!
WhoDat!
n8freeman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a patriots fan but i there isnt a chance that deossie will make it into the 4th

if he is their in the third he will be a patriot

but many teams(like the jets) will most likely take him ahead of us in the 2nd or third

courtesy of xmike609x
TigerSaintFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: n8freeman Reply with quote

I am not sure how the rules of grammar apply in New England, but in Louisiana we know that their does not mean there. If DeOssie is "their" in the third does not make much sense to me. Also, why are you posting on a Saints message board, and why would you claim the Celtics? Not a very glamorous basketball season, unless you are bragging about getting the top draft pick.
jeffryred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I question whether you are knowledgeable about the Saints at all.

1. Eric Wright is a second round talent with character concerns. He was dismissed from USC on being arrested for suspicion of rape and possession of ecstasy! Why don't you know that? And, he is about 5' 11" and weighs 190 lbs.
Aaron Ross, CB is the pick

2. Brandon Siler is not needed. Brian Simmons was signed to start at MLB as he did for the Bengals. He signed a 3 year deal, not a one year deal! Do you have a pulse? The player who could best help would be versitile enought to play DE and DT as needed.
Ray McDonald DT/DE

3. Matt Spaeth also is not a need since the Saints signed Eric Johnson TE. If he has recovered from his injuries and approaches his 2004 Pro Bowl form, how often will Spaeth get on the field? You are hopelessly ignorant.

Aundrae Allison WR

4. The Saints need a second corner, linebacker depth and defensive line help. Only one of the players you mentioned is acceptable
a. Zak DeOssie - could provide depth inside and out and be a special teams demon
b. C.J. Gaddis - at pick #125 he will be the best CB left in my opinion. The Saints need two corners to make the roster and contribute this year.
c. Julius Wilson - OT/G He would be a steal if he were there. He is under the radar as he played at Ala Birmingham. He could move inside to guard but may be able to upgrade the RT position in a year or two. Think of a resemblance to Jhari Evans.

5. Clifton Ryan DT If you saw the East West Shrine game he stood out as a petetrating, disruptive force. He has bulked up over 300 lbs. and is almost 6' 3" And, he originally played DE at Michigan State. Versitile

7. Nate Ilaoa RB Why a running back? He is a smaller, faster, more flexible version of Mike Karney. Nate is 5' 9" 245 lbs. and runs a 4.65. He ran for 990 yards and scored 13 TD's and caught 67 passes for 5 TD's. He can block very well and play special teams. If this Hawaii product looks as good as advertised in training camp, the Saints may look to trade Aaron Stecker.

I wonder if you just are uninformed or you are a fan from another team seeking to cause confusion.
co151515

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you serious? I know Eric WRight has character concerns but hes good as hell. So sorry draft expert, go cry about my picks. First of all Eric Johnson isn't a lock at TE. Spaeth would compete for the starting job with him. 2nd of all Brian Simmons is 31, and Siler would wait 1 or 2 seasons before he would start. So there you go. You probably dont even talk to girls and sit on the computer all day. If your going to be an a-hole, dont comment on my posts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="co151515"]are you serious? I know Eric WRight has character concerns but hes good as hell. So sorry draft expert, go cry about my picks. First of all Eric Johnson isn't a lock at TE. Spaeth would compete for the starting job with him. 2nd of all Brian Simmons is 31, and Siler would wait 1 or 2 seasons before he would start. So there you go. You probably dont even talk to girls and sit on the computer all day. If your going to be an a-hole, dont comment on my posts.[/quote]

I was a little strong in my comments and apologize. Yet, if you are a Saints fan and know how Payton values character, why do you think he would pick Eric Wright. I think Marcus Thomas, perhaps Terrell Brown, and Brandon Meriweather are all good players. But, unless there has been a complete change in these guys they will probably not play for the Saints.
I do like Spaeth, but think the Saints have greater needs. The same is true about Siler whom I liked before they got Brian Simmons. I believe that the Saints are not building only long term, I think they realize they could make a Super Bowl run this season. That is why they picked up Johnson for only one year. He helps or the highway. (The TE who interests me most is Ben Patrick.) Biggest needs are what I reflected in my picks. I also expect my top six picks to make the team and contribute as rookies. I am not only thinking of the future but of now.
Again, I am sorry for the harsh words, but what do you think of my picks and the reasoning behind them? And, are you a Saints fan?
co151515

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, im sorry for freaking out at you too. Yes, I am a saints fan and have been all my life. I understand what you're saying but I like Eric Wright, maybe Payton could transform him into a good guy, you never know.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are insane! stop all of the fighting and lets get back to intelligently discussing the saints.

we need to get younger at MANY positions. DT, LB, and CB standout in my mind as three positions that we have practically NO future at. 3 years from now...fujita and shanle may still be young enough to play...but even that is questionable.

and eric johnson is a good football player....but he is injury prone and is under a 1 year contract. I don't think that it is a high priority to back him up with a draft pick because billy miller did fine for us last season. but if a good TE is on the board...it is very realistic for us to take him.
D24pick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay

1 McCauley>Wright
2 Rufus Alexander>Siler
3 Paul Williams>Spaeth
4 Kevin Boss>Stuckey
4 Troy Smith>Baker
4 Good Pick or Possiblity (Laurent Robinson or Mike Walker)

1 McCauley fits our system better than any CB in the draft. He tackles, and plays man the best. What do we play? MAN and you have to be a good tackler at the CB position for us

2 Alexander is a versatile player who plaays with speed, strength and skill. He makes turnovers and produces alot in plays. Better at OLB but can make the switch and be a better ILB than Siler

3 Wow, what can I say? I should start off by saying he's a great #2 target and can play #3 well enough like Dev can. Dev surely can beat him out for #2 which wouldn't matter because they're both identical in a way, except PWs' concentration is higher. Another thing is that he can play CB really good and is more satisfied at this position, steal either way

4 Boss? Who's this is what you're saying but this guy is the next Witten type of steal, not saying he's the next Witten. He is tall (6'6") and plays well as a reciever and a blocker. Underrated as a blocker and uses his body in a way like Ocho Cinco and Larry Fitzgerald uses theirs over smaller defenders

4 We pick the loser here. Paytoh reports to want a QB and TE in the 4ths. Not using this as an excuse for the picks but Smith will be a good back-up for us. Payton likes him and he will be a easier project than A-Mac was

4 Great pick. Not sure if he will be here, but if he is that'll be good. Nice size, speed, and very strong. Laurent Robinson fits our team good as well. Especially if Williams wants to be a CB, we could use Robinson as a WR, who is very productive.

I like yours and have nothing against it, except picking Baker over Walker. But overall it looks good. Like mines?

-Saints Assistant GM FFMD07-
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffryred wrote:
7. Nate Ilaoa RB Why a running back? He is a smaller, faster, more flexible version of Mike Karney. Nate is 5' 9" 245 lbs. and runs a 4.65. He ran for 990 yards and scored 13 TD's and caught 67 passes for 5 TD's. He can block very well and play special teams. If this Hawaii product looks as good as advertised in training camp, the Saints may look to trade Aaron Stecker.

I wonder if you just are uninformed or you are a fan from another team seeking to cause confusion.

I truly believe we have our future #3 RB in Jamal Branch. He will easily be able to stem into Steckers shoes. He proved that in the preseason last year and he had a very solid showing in the Week 17 game last season. I see NO reason what so ever to pick a RB in the draft. Maybe next season to have another back up guy to develop on the practice squad.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
jeffryred

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="navysaintsfan"][quote="jeffryred"]7. Nate Ilaoa RB Why a running back? He is a smaller, faster, more flexible version of Mike Karney. Nate is 5' 9" 245 lbs. and runs a 4.65. He ran for 990 yards and scored 13 TD's and caught 67 passes for 5 TD's. He can block very well and play special teams. If this Hawaii product looks as good as advertised in training camp, the Saints may look to trade Aaron Stecker.

I wonder if you just are uninformed or you are a fan from another team seeking to cause confusion.[/quote]

I truly believe we have our future #3 RB in Jamal Branch. He will easily be able to stem into Steckers shoes. He proved that in the preseason last year and he had a very solid showing in the Week 17 game last season. I see NO reason what so ever to pick a RB in the draft. Maybe next season to have another back up guy to develop on the practice squad.[/quote]

I do like Jamaal Branch and think he is a good back. But, I do not see him replacing Karney if Karney gets injured. When Karney was dinged, the Saints ran plays without a fullback. If you saw the Dallas game and remember how Karney caught two TD's, you have an idea of what a threat that is, having a blocker who can also catch.
The seventh round is a gamble round. The Saints got very lucky to find Zach Strief there last year. Colston was a gamble. He had the measureables but supposedly was a bit slow and had uncertain hands. Boy, did that change!
We are all entitled to speculate. I first had Zac Taylor QB, and Craig Dahl, S in this spot. Then, I asked myself, would either see any playing time this year? Probably not, so I got creative with this pick.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: