You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Saints Easter Mock!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: A Saints Easter Mock! Reply with quote

Seem's the closer we get to the draft, the further away we whodats are from pinpointing exactly what Mickey & Sean will do come April 28th & 29th. Oh well, I'll give it my best shot though.

Round 1 - Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State
Some teams feel McCauley would be a reach here while others feel he would be a steal but they all agree that he possesses the most physical ability of any corner in this draft.

Round 2 - Trade pick to Seattle Seahawks for 2007 third rounder and WR Darrell Jackson. Jackson would be brought in to complement Marcus Colston by replacing Joe Horn. The Saints made a habbit of draft day player trades last season that panned out for them and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Round 3 - (via Seattle) Ikaika Alama-Francis DE Hawaii
Although Francis is raw he has tremendous upside and could be developed during the 2008 season and replace Charles Grant in 2009 after Grant leaves in free agency next year, (and he will).

Round 3 - Daymeion Hughes CB Cal
Sean Peyton has said that the Saints need not one but two young corners and he'll likley look more at Hughes's collage production than his poor pre draft workouts.

Round 4 - John Beck QB BYU
Irie similar to Drew Brees with his inteligence & intangibles for the position and has been schooled in a west coast offence in collage making him the perfect young gun for Sean Peyton to groom.

Round 4 - Kareem Brown DT Miami
Some have him going higher and some lower but like McCauley, Brown possesses some of the most physical gifts for his position. It will be up to the Saints coaching staff to get him to relize his potential, and if they do Brown could turn out to be the steal of the draft here.

Round 4 - H.B. Blades MLB Pitt
Blades has been falling on most draft boards due to a concern of lack of speed but his collage production is unquestionable and he would be a great prospect to groom behind Brian Simmions for a year or two.

Round 5 - Joe Newton TE Oregon
Mixed reviews on Newton but the fourth or fifth round is where he would likley fall and if the Saints have a chance to jump on him here, I think they would take it.

Round 6 - Trade pick to Miami Dolphins for Placekicker Olando Mare. Mare would be a welcome addition with his big leg he would surley handle kickoffs and long field goals.

Round 6 - Palauni Ma Sun OG Oregon
A massive body to add depth after Mantre Holland bolted to Denver. Ma Sun has the ability to develop into a soild NFL OG and could one day replace Jamar Nesbit.

Round 7 - Steve Breaston WR Michigan
Fell way off the charts but still has the collage production Peyton looks for and is a hard-working player that will do what ever Peyton asks.
saintsfan#1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you a B+, I don't care for McCauley and i'd rather get a LB in round 2 and trade a 4th round pick for Jackson(Seattle will probably take it)
D24pick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it!!!! No jackson

-Saints Assistant GM FFMD07-
co151515

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i luv it, HB Blades is going to be very good and Hughes, McAuley would be great together. I hope we draft Eric Wright though, hes going to be amazing in the pros.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Peyton draft's Right with his off field history but I nailed that Mare deal though!

WhoDat!
jeffryred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally disagree with you. Do some research and you will know why Mc Cauley has fallen. He lost his confidence last year and was benched by his coach. He admits that he lost it. Measureables are not the most important thing. Ability with desire and character are most important. Sean Payton is looking for that and will take a slightly lesser talent with character and drive before the self absorbed gifted athlete.
McCauley is a risk BECAUSE HE WOULD BE EXPECTED TO START. He does not have that confidence. The Saints leave their corners on an island often and they must play man or give up the big play. Fred Thomas is an example of this.
Did you know that Darrell Jackson had two knee surgeries in the two years prior to last season. And, you want to give up a #2 for him???? The only trades the Saints made last year was to trade down a few picks and in the process also pick up a player from another team. The Saints did not intitiate those trades. That is why they worked. They got top value. It was a steal to get a starting C and DT by moving down about 10 spots.
Ikaika Alama has huge upside but is a developmental project for now. Most feel he is not ready to start. He just added 35 lbs last year and is a former basketball player. Did you know that? Is that what the Saints need? And, he will not be on the board at #88. An example of someone who might be there at #88, is a Payton type player, and was a team captain is Dan Bazuin, DE.
Hughes is a risk because he is slow and has a tendency to go for the interception and get beat. He has no catch up speed. He is almost totally suited to a cover 2 scheme where the corners play short zones. Why don't you know this? He is a ball hawk, but also has an inflated opinion of himself. Do we need another Joe Horn in the lockeroom?
Beck would be a great pick, but do the Saints spend a fourth on a backup QB who has limited upside? Would a later round pick or free agent be a better option?
Kareem Brown could resemble John Henderson or he could turn out to be another Jonathan Sullivan. Some question his guts.
Blades is a nice LB, but if Zak DeOssie or Tony Taylor is available with a fourth round pick, I would prefer either to Blades. I doubt Blades will be on the board at #123 or later. Blades is a Payton type player however.
The OT/G who is likely to be available and would be the best value in the 120's is Julius Wilson from Ala. Birmingham. He is somewhat similar to Jhari Evans and could play tackle and guard.
A tight end is not needed past the first day as he will not be an impact player at that point and the need is not there with three TE's on board. There are greater needs in the DL and a second corner. Here is a name to remember, Clifton Ryan DT. He is a former DE who bulked up and moved inside. He has upside, can play DE in a pinch, and had a great East West Shrine game. He would be a good round five pick.
Round seven is my super sleeper Nate Ilaoa, RB from Hawaii. He is a slightly smaller version of Mike Karney, but is faster, more flexible and is a great receiver and blocker. He had 18 touchdowns last year, 5 receiving. What happens if Karney gets hurt? Can Aaron Stecker run inside?? Hmmm....Check him out!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: