Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My take on the Fins offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MockingBird

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: My take on the Fins offseason Reply with quote

Alright, here's my take on the offseason. Obviously, the Dolphins draft will depend on what they feel they can do in the free agent market. As mentioned before, plenty of top caliber running backs could wind up in Miami, so we shall see. As for the draft, I feel Miami should either keep the #2 pick and draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson, or trade it for the Chargers two first round picks. With them, they should draft Alex Smith, who just declared. I'm not going to compare him to Peyton Manning, becuase that would be outrageous at this point, but he's incredibly smart. He also has the speed you need nowadays from your QB. Not sure who to take with the other pick. I would not draft a running back with the #2 overall pick, because there are too many good back that will be available in the mid rounds. Ciatrick Fason, Deangelo Williams, and Vernand Morency to name a few. Take one of them, i feel they have as much potential as some projected first round backs. The other options I would consider at the # 2 slot are, believe it or not, Derrick Johnson and Mike Williams. Isn't Marty Booker a free agent? If you bring in Mike Williams you can let Marty walk and put Boston in the slot and have an even better WR core. If Marty's not a FA, then my view on this is altered. As for Derrick Johnson, the Dolphins could use a young linebacker with the ability and potential of Johnson. But man, i would love to roll the dice on Alex Smith with a mid first round pick.
Deets

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are holes everywhere. Ferguson is not coming out. Booker is signed for the next 4 or 5 years and a reciever would not do us an ounce of good, neither would a linebacker. On top of that anouther OL who needs to develop is not what we need (Carey is alrdy a project)...

FF Member #67

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: