Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we stay at 22 (David Pollack)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mic79e

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: If we stay at 22 (David Pollack) Reply with quote

If we stay at 22 I think David Pollack will be gone.

He's rising up draft boards and I think he's a definite possibility for Marvin Lewis and Cincinnati at 17 - if he hasn't gone before then.

At 22 I think we are looking at ending up with guys like Travis Johnson or Jammal Brown, and either would be fine by me.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would certainly be fine with Jamal Brown, but for some reason i just dont like travis johnson, just a personal bias i guess. If we can get Pollack or Brown and dont trade up for anyone then personally i would want to trade down and take matt roth, brandon browner and an LB or OT whichever represents better value.
mic79e

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real surprise with Cincinnati taking Pollack.

However this surprised me:

Quote:
Another consideration was Georgia defensive end David Pollack, whom Baltimore wanted to shift to inside linebacker, but he was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals with the 17th pick.

The intriguing thing for us about David Pollack is we were going to project him to an inside linebacker, DeCosta said. I think hes going to be a great pro.

http://ravens.scout.com/2/373215.html

What does everyone think about that?
raven5255

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a feeling we might swtich him to OLB, but i didnt think he would be used as an ILB. Thats a bit shocking. In the interview he had he said the Bengals would switch him to OLB.
mic79e

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I think about Pollack and his abilities he could make a really good inside linebacker. Even as a middle linebacker in a 4-3, he would be good at using his hands to shed lineman/fullbacks, especially for a LB. And suddenly he has great size for the position to go along with his great skills. I'd liked to see him inside.
raven5255

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right, Pollacks body is probably better suited for ILB. It just sucks we gotta play against him twice a year now.
mic79e

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.

The first two picks by the Bengals were really good (Pollack and Odell Thurman).

I'm glad the Browns took Braylon Edwards with the third pick overall. I'd much rather face him than guys like Mike Williams, Antrel Rolle, Carnell Williams or Ronnie Brown. Edwards will get hammered by McAlister and Samari Rolle. I think he and Troy Williamson are the most likely busts in the top ten.

The Steelers made one of the best value picks of the entire draft when they took Heath Miller at 30. That makes Hines Ward and Antwaan Randle El that much more dangerous. Then they took guys like Bryant McFadden, Chris Kemoeatu and Rian Wallace as well. Kemoeatu will turn out great with the Steelers. Can't wait for us to play them, its shaping up to be a great rivalry for years.
raven5255

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree. I really liked the Bengals first 2 picks. I also agree that Williamson may be a bust, especiall if he s forced into doing more then he is capable of to early. I also agree that Miller and McFadden were great picks for the steelers in addition to thier second day picks of Rian Wallace and Kemo Jr.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: