You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD07: "Steel Tough" War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should we target for our second second rounder [#63 overall]?
Brandon Siler, ILB, Florida
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Zak DeOssie, ILB, Brown
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Anthony Waters, ILB Clemson
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Other [Please Post Below]
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are in no order. Scouts: Give a run down on them and order/add to the list. We pick on Thursday.

Short List WR for 4th round
Jacoby Jones -Lane
Aaron Fairooz -Central Ark.
Laurent Robinson - Illinois State
Dallas Baker - Florida

Short List OL
Andy Alleman
Allen Barbre
Adam Koets
Mike Otto
Mansfield Wrotto

LB
Brian Robison
Anthony Waters

DB
Anthony Arline
Kenny Scott
Courtney Brown

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
gatek99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think Brian Robison is BPA...a decent reciever will be there at our next pick...Robison will not

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need to draft an O-Lineman. We are going to lose Faneca and possibly Starks, and we have already passed up other opportunities to get one. I know many people don't think O-Linemen are "sexy" picks, but we would be complete morons to not address it with our next pick IMO. That being said, I do also like Robinson from Texas. He has all the measurables to be a complete player in the NFL.

^^^zbergs^^^
steeler75586

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHinkle5355 wrote:
We really need to draft an O-Lineman. We are going to lose Faneca and possibly Starks, and we have already passed up other opportunities to get one. I know many people don't think O-Linemen are "sexy" picks, but we would be complete morons to not address it with our next pick IMO. That being said, I do also like Robinson from Texas. He has all the measurables to be a complete player in the NFL.

Thank you.
How many times have i said this.

Thanks to cew28315039 on the sig
Neumatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steeler75586 wrote:
JHinkle5355 wrote:

Thank you.
my guess would be 3 since we have had 3 picks so far Laughing

Jamison. on the sig
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steeler75586 wrote:
JHinkle5355 wrote:

Thank you.

Me, you, and Jdrocco01 dont agree. Nothing personal. Like I said to him, we have depth. IMO.

Essex at LT and RT
Colon at LG, RG, and RT
Mahan at both G's and C
Kemo at both G's.

You dont waste two consecutive 3rd round picks for nothing. They will get their chance IMO, before any high picks are used on it. However, right now would be a good time to add some more depth. This is when the Steelers had depth.

Just my thoughts
gatek99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is there is no Oline better than Robison right now

I am sticking strong to Robison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently stuck between Jacoby Jones, WR[6'3;210 lbs.] and Brian Robison, OLB[6'3;259 lbs.] for our next pick. They are both very intriguing to me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
steeler75586 wrote:
JHinkle5355 wrote:

Thank you.

Me, you, and Jdrocco01 dont agree. Nothing personal. Like I said to him, we have depth. IMO.

Essex at LT and RT
Colon at LG, RG, and RT
Mahan at both G's and C
Kemo at both G's.

You dont waste two consecutive 3rd round picks for nothing. They will get their chance IMO, before any high picks are used on it. However, right now would be a good time to add some more depth. This is when the Steelers had depth.

Just my thoughts

I really have to disagree about our depth at O-Line. It is not easy to play multiple positions along the O-Line. Just because a guy is a tackle doesn't mean he can play LT and RT. Just because a guy is a C or OG doesn't mean he can play all the interior positions. And there are probably only a handful of linemen in this league who can play both OT and OG at a decent level, and I highly doubt Willie Colon is one of them. The reality is that each of the 5 positions is much different from the others. If you've played the last 4 or 5 seasons at LG, it definitely takes time to learn how to play RG at a high level (new stance, new pass set, etc.).

Long story short, just because a guy is listed as an LG, RG, and C does not mean he does all three at the same level. I just don't know how we can justify taking Lynch in the first round and continually claim that we have enough depth along the O-Line to be successful. Oh well, I'm sure that since I am a "scout" I do not know as much about football as the higher positions, so my rant will most likely not make too much difference. Even if we don't take an OL with this pick, let's just make sure we look at all of our options and get everyone's input before we just go make the pick.

^^^zbergs^^^
steeler75586

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdrocco01 wrote:
I'm currently stuck between Jacoby Jones, WR[6'3;210 lbs.] and Brian Robison, OLB[6'3;259 lbs.] for our next pick. They are both very intriguing to me.

I really dont see any point in taking yet another LB. I agree we need some depth there but we just drafted two in the same round. Id rather go with the WR or even a Corner at this point.

Thanks to cew28315039 on the sig
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:

Actually, if Andy Alleman(OG) is still on the board at 132 then we should look. He is ranked as a 2-3 round talent by draftscouts.com(4th guard) I really do not expect him to be there long but just in case...

Quote:
Compares To: RICK DeMULLING-Detroit...Alleman has good upper body strength, but needs to learn the techniques of proper hand placement in order for him to take that weight room power to the football field. He is an aggressive player who battles hard in the trenches and has the lateral range you look for a guard on pulls and traps. However, he has only two years of offensive line experience and will need a patient coach to teach him how to stay low in his pads and keep his hands active. For a player who boasts his weight room figures, you would expect him to be more of a mauler on running plays rather than a position-type of blocker.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
spush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
gatek99 wrote:

Actually, if Andy Alleman(OG) is still on the board at 132 then we should look. He is ranked as a 2-3 round talent by draftscouts.com(4th guard) I really do not expect him to be there long but just in case...

Quote:
Compares To: RICK DeMULLING-Detroit...Alleman has good upper body strength, but needs to learn the techniques of proper hand placement in order for him to take that weight room power to the football field. He is an aggressive player who battles hard in the trenches and has the lateral range you look for a guard on pulls and traps. However, he has only two years of offensive line experience and will need a patient coach to teach him how to stay low in his pads and keep his hands active. For a player who boasts his weight room figures, you would expect him to be more of a mauler on running plays rather than a position-type of blocker.

Jacoby Jones - rising up boards. High 3rd low 2nd
Alleman - Perfect Steeler OG. Mauler with speed to reach LB's in run game

Both good picks right now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alleman is gone already.

Here is a link to a good fan article breaking down the draft choices. I really like this guy and have used his things in the past. It is a long read but a great breakdown of players and value.

Quote:
“ The vertical jump clearly demonstrates the explosiveness and extension and coordination. I think that is an excellent tool for anybody…an excellent measurable that can be applicable to explosion and movement that is so necessary in football.” Bill Walsh

Quote:
Of 16 known VJ marks, 12 are 37” or higher. In this class, one DE prospect hit the number. That was Brian Robison, generally regarded as a R4/5 prospect. CJ Ah You got close enough (36.5”); however, this man is generally regarded as R7-worthy, and carries (twin) burdens regarding character and durability. Also, three of four (known) low-rise formers (Allen, Smith and Hill) jumped higher than current prospects Jamaal Anderson, Jarvis Moss, Anthony Spencer, Tim Crowder and Quentin Moses.

Last edited by jebrick on Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
gatek99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFLDC has Robison as a day 1 pick

The question really comes down to...who will fall to us in round 5...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

players to consider

OG's
Dan Santucci OG ND
Kasey Studdard OG Texas

WR
Laurent Robinson WR Ill St.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 50 of 52

Jump to: