You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD07 II: Denver Broncos War Room
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marktheshark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: FFMD07 II: Denver Broncos War Room Reply with quote

FFMD07 II Denver Broncos War Room

Welcome to the Denver Broncos War Room,
I'm so excited to be your GM for FFMD IV, so lets all try and make this as fun as we can, but we should also approach this seriously.
I know if we all respect each other and do our job that we will all have a great time.

Please take the time to go over the rules and info and the different FFMD threads:
Draft rounds five.
There will no be a Free Agency period
FFMD-Information
FFMD-Announcement
FFMD-Discussion
FFMD-Trade/Trade Block
FFMD-Draft

Denver Broncos Staff List:
(Do keep in mind this If you are assigned to a position it does not mean that you are entitled to just that position. We encourage everyone to help out with every aspect of the draft.)

General Manager-AnAngryAmerican
Assistant GM--Kevin
Head Coach-eddie mac
Special Advisor Board-Broncosfan_101 and broncos_fan _from _uk
Offensive Coordinator-BBRONCO
Defensive Coordinator-unc969
Head Scout-BRONCOS_BABY!!!
Offensive Scout-champ+jay+al=SB
Defensive Scout-broncos67
Scouts-M-High Maraude,cavemanbroncofa,bhslinebacker,Zukhyubern and dominate26.
If you are not comfortable with your position then please PM me.
Anyone who want's to be added from here on out will be a Scout.

Broncos Draft Picks
1-21. Brandon Meriweather, Safety from Miami (FL)
2-34. Jarvis Moss, Defensive End from Florida
3-56 Anthony Gonzalez, Wide Receiver from Ohio State

Broncos Trade BlockCedric Cobbs
Nate Jackson
Teo Johnson
Kenny Peterson
Quentin Harris
Rod Smith
Stephen Alexander
Nick Ferguson
John Engelberger
Ian Gold*

Last edited by marktheshark on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:14 am; edited 9 times in total
marktheshark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos Depth Chart:
OFFENSE:

QB Jay Cutler | Patrick Ramsey
HB Travis Henry | Mike Bell
FB Kyle Johnson | Paul Smith

LT Matt Lepsis | Adam Meadows
LG Ben Hamilton | Chris Myers
C Tom Nalen | Chris Myers
RG Chris Kuper | Montrae Holland
RT Erik Pears | Adam Meadows

TE Daniel Graham | Tony Scheffler
WR Javon Walker | Rod Smith Brandon Stokely
WR Brandon Marshall | Anthony Gonzalez

DEFENSE:
LDE Kenard Lang | John Engelberger
LDT Alvin McKinley | Antwon Burton
RDT Gerard Warren | Demetrin Veal
RDE Jarvis Moss | Ebenezer Ekuban

SLB Boss Bailey | Louis Green
MLB DJ Williams | Nate Webster
WLB Ian Gold | Cameron Vaughn

CB Champ Bailey | Domonique Foxworth
CB Dre' Bly | Karl Paymah
SS John Lynch | Nick Ferguson
FS Brandon Meriweather| Steve Cargile

SPECIAL TEAMS:
K Jason Elam
P Paul Ernster
KR Brian Clark
PR David Kircus
LS Mike Leach

Red=New Player

Last edited by marktheshark on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:04 am; edited 5 times in total
marktheshark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 21st pick in the 2007 NFL Draft The Denver Broncos Select.....

Brandon Meriweather, Safety from Miami (FL)

John Lynch at age 35 and Nick Ferguson at age 32 are not getting any younger. And we also feel that the Broncos have been lacking play makers at the safety position. And it's time for a changeing of the guard.
He is just what we need back there.

With the 34th pick in the NFL Draft, The Denver Broncos select:

Jarvis Moss, Defensive End from Florida

A schism developed in the Broncos’ war room during our selection for the 21st overall pick, with about half the staff wanting Brandon Meriweather and the other half wanting Jarvis Moss. With the time ticking away, we ultimately chose Meriweather. To our pleasant surprise, the speedy Defensive End Jarvis Moss was available at our 34th overall selection. In the end, all of the staff is thrilled to have two first-round quality players on our defense as we revamp and “reload” for the 2007 season. The Orange Crush is back!

With the 56th pick in the 2007 NFL Draft, The Denver Broncos select:
Anthony Gonzalez, Wide Reciever from The Ohio State University.

There was no consensus reached in the Broncos War Room, so we went with Gonzalez to give Jay Cutler another recieving weapon as Rod Smith is nearing retirement.

Last edited by marktheshark on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:11 am; edited 4 times in total
bhslinebacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question so as a scout we look for prospects who we feel would make a difference in the draft and such?

This stuff is pretty dope lets get this crap started and improve are team!
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEFENSIVE LINE PEOPLE!

Very Happy
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhslinebacker wrote:
Question so as a scout we look for prospects who we feel would make a difference in the draft and such?

This stuff is pretty dope lets get this crap started and improve our team!

You can find the job descriptions here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123500

As far as I understand it, yes the job of a scout is to scout prospects and offer up your views as to who would be an ideal fit for our team. You should look at what we do and where our needs lie. So for example, you don't need to scout Brady Quinn. But when we start talking about a certain player - say for example Jarvis Moss - then the scouts should be ready to offer up their views of him as to his potential and how he fits our team. If we decide we want to target a DE, for example, then you should look at the projected list of which DEs may be available when we pick and evaluate their abilities.

You can find scouting reports on most of the prospects on various sites including, but not limited to, footballsfuture prospects page, NFLDraftCountdown.com and NFL.com. You should also maybe look for game footage of these guys on places like YouTube. If you have an ESPN.com "insider" membership you may be able to find some information on various prospects from guys like Mel Kiper. Make sure to get a wide variety of input. Anyone who watched a player we may be considering play in college, your personal opinions are very valuable as well.

If you have any further questions, PM Mark and he can help you out.

I'm always here for help as well, but Mark is the boss and I'm his assistant.

Lets start offering up ideas of what positions (and maybe what players) we may want to target in the draft. We have some decisions to make so lets get crackin.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
bhslinebacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible DE at pick #21

Jarvis Moss: (6'5", 256, 4.65)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11362&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d11362

According to ESPN he has had some injury issues and seems better situated to play outtside linebacker in a 3-4 and would not fit our system very well.

Adam Carriker
: 6'5", 292, 4.85)
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=10577&draftyear=2007&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d10577%26draftyear%3d2007

Again Carriker (who will probaly go before our pick) seems better situated as a 3-4 DE because of his size and lack of pass rushing ability.

Anthony Spencer: (6'2", 266, 4.65)
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11161&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d11161

Again Spencer seems like a DE better suited in a 3-4 due to his size and would most likely be used as a situation pass rusher

I would prefer to take a saftey at #21 or trade back to gain another second and a late third. The DE's I like are Charles Johnson and Quentin Moses out of Georgia (I will add profiles later)
marktheshark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
If you have an ESPN.com "insider" membership you may be able to find some information on various prospects from guys like Mel Kiper.

One thing about "insider", You can look it up,but don't copy and paste the articles you need to pay for.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st Round WR prospects:

Dwayne Jarret
6-4 219 4.62 USC

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/dwaynejarrett.html

He is very athletic, has great size, and can really leap and get the ball when it is up for grabs. He has great hands and catches balls in traffic. Doesnt have a great 40 time but he seems faster on the field. He isnt a deep threat yet because he isnt physical enough and doesnt get a lot of seperation. We would have to take him at 21.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JUU_A9ZTmyk

Robert Meachem
6-2 214 4.39 Tennessee

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/robertmeachem.html

He is very fast and has a nice burst to get seperation. A big threat vertically, but doesnt catch much in traffic. Not very tough and wont break the press coverage. Great runner after the catch and will break tackles. Durability and route running is questionable. Bad blocker.

Dwayne Bowe
6-2 221 4.5 LSU

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/dwaynebowe.html

He has great size and plays faster than his 40 time would indicate. Can make plays in the air with his good hands and great leaping ability. He is a great blocker and an amazing red zone weapon. Shows good leadership skills and his upside is very great. He has trouble with timed throws and isnt very quick off the line, but faster than Jarret. He doesnt catch with his hands all the time. Struggkes to seperate when going deep. Relatively new to the game (started junior year of high school).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CSvWf9-EN_g

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some D-End prospects that we could look at towards the 2nd or 3rd round.

Baraka Atkins (Miami):
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/atkins_baraka

Tim Crowder(Texas):
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/crowder_tim

Lamarr Woodley(Michigan):
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lXywtq6Wcw&mode=related&search=
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/woodley_lamarr

Super Sleeper Alert: Ikaika Alama-Francis (Hawaii):
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/alama-francis_ikaika

Atkins and Crowder are guys that will fall due to motivation issues, which always makes me weary.

Woodley has some size concerns but at 6-2/262lbs. He could develop into an every-down type D-lineman and not have to rely strictly on his pass rush abilities.

Alama-Francis is a bit of an enigma. I have seen him listed anywhere from 250 to 280 pounds. In any case he is definitely raw but has a HUGE upside. He could be an inside/outside type guy like Pryce was.

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
marktheshark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE READ!

Ok guys before we get to far along in to looking at prospects we need to dot some things first. Just to get our ourselves organized.

Chain of Command
What does this mean? And how does it work?
Things will run a lot smooth if we have a good chain of command.

Now I will have several think I'm going to be asking the Assistant GM,Head Coach and Head Scout to run. Like getting player prospects,trade proposals and so on. And you should report to your team leader. Now does this mean that they are your boss? No, It simply means that they are just organizing things.
Example: We need a list of player's at QB in the draft,
I talk with the Head Scout who talks with the Scouts who come up with a list of QB's in the draft, Who gets me the list so I can post it in the forum for us all to talk about.
We are all one person but we need to work as a team.

....General Manager ...........Assistant GM...
.......Head Coach..............Head Scout

...........................Head Coach
...Defensive Coordinator....Offensive Coordinator

...........................Head Scout
Offensive Scout...Defensive Scout.....Scouts

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If every one can just fill out this list it would help a lot.

1.Try to Trade Al Wilson or should we keep him?

2.What position are the draft and trade priorities?
What position's do we want in the draft? (We will work at who we want at them later)

3. Who do we want to trade?

Last edited by marktheshark on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
marktheshark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I feel about Wilson. None of us know what he will be able to do for us next year. We don't know the extent of his injuries so it's really hard to predict what he can do next year. So I feel that we should consider his overall ability to what he did last year but just a year older.

Now, unless we get high value we should not trade Al, IMO he is the leader of this D and I unless we can get back a LB that's better then him then I feel we should keep him.

My Rankings
DE-We must land a player who can play all 4 down to stop the run and rush the passer. This is a huge need, I don't really care if it's at DT or most likely DE it need's to be addressed.
SLynch is old and so is Nick. I feel that we need to go out and get one Cover S and one Strong hitting S. This way it gives us a bit of both.
OL Yeah I know it the lame OL, Well the lame OL need to be better. Wink
DT We went from 2nd in stopping the run to 12th. Ouch!
After that it's WR,LB for depth.

Well we really don't have much to trade first off. (Unless you want to get rid of Al and Ian)
Rod Smith
Stephen Alexander
Nick Ferguson
John Engelberger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:
If every one can just fill out this list it would help a lot.

What position's do we want in the draft? (We will work at who we want at them later)

1.I say we trade al wilson for a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick and use that to trade up.

2.we really need D-line help, young Safetys, and a RB.

3.We Should Trade Al Wilson, Sam Brandon, Mike Bell, Nick Ferguson

R.I.P. Sean Taylor. We'll Always Miss You.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-We know what we have in Al, so unless we get or can work out a deal we cannot refuse, I think it would be our best bet to keep him. IMO, anything short of pick #40 or a high quality, young (<4 years pro) DE, DT or LB is too little for Wilson. If we do decide to shop him, I will be happy to work over some other teams to get us the best possible deal. Smile

2.What position(s) are the draft and trade priorities?

-Any trade we are offered we should consider unless it is totally ludicrous. But we should wait and see what players are put on the trade block before saying "we have to try and trade for (player X)." We need to look for defensive players in the draft. Lets try to not waste our time debating whether or not we should trade up and target Calvin Johnson. I love CJ as a prospect as much as anyone, but WR is not a huge need and we can win a Superbowl without the Georgia Tech standout.

-Our draft priorities have to be on defense. We need a DE, S and DT - in that order. That doesn't mean we have to draft in that order. For example, if we go for a S in the 1st we have to know that we can still get a quality DE in a later round. I think those 3 positions have to be our top 3 priorities. After that we can maybe look at an OL (C for the future maybe? An OT to play on the right side oppositte Lepsis?) - remember we run a zone blocking scheme so we need athletic OLs, not pure maulers. If we trade Al we have to, and I mean have to, take a LB with the pick we get for Wilson or our first round pick.

-I think there are a couple of players we can put on the block:
TE Stephen Alexander
S Nick Ferguson
1 of either DE John Engleberger, DE Kenard Lang or DE Ebenezer Ekuban
1 of either WR David Kircus or WR Brandon Stokley

Again, if we can get a good deal for a starter (for example, Ian Gold) - that we can replace in the draft or with a player via a trade we feel would be a better fit, we should go for it. I'll see who is on the trade block or who is looking for a position that we may want to trade and maybe we can work out a deal.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 1 of 76

Jump to: