Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD07 II Buffalo Bills War Room
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: FFMD07 II Buffalo Bills War Room Reply with quote

The first thing you need to do is start a thread in your team's forum. It should be titled "FFMD07: Position Assignment". Those threads will then be stickied.

Then, it is your jobs to work out a staff however you may please, but if we hear complaints that you are being rude or unfair to the other staff members, and evaluate them to be true, then we may remove you as a GM. Finally, make sure you get the positions filled and sent in to me by Thursday, March 29.

After the positions are worked out, you will start up a thread titled "FFMD: War Room" which will replace the "FFMD: Position Assignment" thread as a sticky. In the first post of that thread, you should keep editing position listings, your draft picks, trade block, and whatever else you'd like other teams staff members to be able to know easily. It will be a quick way for other teams to get info about your team, and for you to get info about others. If you need these stickied and your team mod isn't around feel free to send me a PM and I will have it taken care of.

Your jobs are to run your team as best you can, using trading and the draft. To do so, you will use the help of your staff to make the best decisions regarding the offseason. However, although you have the final decision, that does not mean that you should be doing this on your own. Your staff will be helping you out in all ways- trade talk, prospect research, draft picks, etc. Do not do this on your own. Make sure to keep your staff involved.

Also, it is also your job to help make sure that your staff works together well and smoothly. Try and smooth out any issues amongst the staff.

Finally, if, after you have sent your positions in, any member that has not signed up would like to join, he is in. No questions asked, for whatever team he'd like to join. You can send me a list of new guys to sign up when you send me the staff positions list. Do not turn anyone away that wants to be part of the staff, Scout positions are unlimited and we are even willing to add in new positions if you need them.

If you at any time need any help, feel free to send me a PM.

Non-GMs:

Look for the "FFMD: Position Assignment" thread in your team of choice's forum. Do NOT start one yourself. Read over the GM's post and reply to the thread, letting everyone know you're there, and follow whatever directions the GM leaves in the opening post.

Make sure to share your opinions and do your job as best possible. Also, keep checking in here for updates or new threads.

If there are any issues, send GRRLacher or myself a PM.

Positions:

As most of you know, there are positions to be held by each staff member. They are: GM, Head Coach, Assistant GM, Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, Offensive Scout, Defensive Scout, and Scout. Job descriptions are listed below. If the GM would like to, he can create extra positions, but don't go crazy with that.

However, each staff member can do more than his job description. He can share advice on all matters, and work on all matters as well. However, the descriptions are the minimum of what they should be doing.

The positions are to be worked out by the GMs themselves. By allowing the GMs to work them out, I am assuming that everyone is mature enough to deal with the position that they get. I don't want to see complaints on the forum for any reason. All of them should be directed to me or GRRLacher.

You can fill your staff positions in many ways, including:

-Have staff members list their picks for each position (excluding themselves).

-Have staff members "run" for a position and have the others vote for one of the "candidates".

-Work it out through discussions.

I trust that you guys will come up with fair ways to determine staff positions.

Also, one position per member. If you don't have enough members to fill the positions- don't worry- just chip in as a group to do that guy's job, but don't give one guy more than one job.

When they are worked out, PM them to me, so that I can OK them. Then, I will edit this post to include positions as well.

Pre-Draft

The Pre-Draft period begins as soon as you send in your staff's positions.

For the purpose of this mock draft, NFL rosters are frozen as of 3 pm EST on Tuesday, March 27. Any “real world” transactions that occurred prior to this time will be reflected in the rosters for this draft. Any “real world” transactions that occur from this time forward will ignored.

From this period onwards, you may:

-Set a draft board if they choose to.

-Decide whether or not they want to trade a certain pick or player and if they do, place that pick/player on the trade block (Trade Block thread willbe posted as soon as the first few staffs are finalized).

-Decide on drafting schemes- BPA, need, etc.

-Talk trades with other teams.

-Research draft prospects.

And more. Be creative and have fun with your ideas.

Because of the delay in announcing the GM list, the start date for the draft has been moved back one day to Tuesday, April 3.

War Room/Staff Assignment threads

This should be the main site for staff discussions. Meaning that all discussions should be kept in the War Room threads. Some discussions CAN be done via PM, but do not take them to other forums, AIM, Yahoo Messenger, or the like. Even PMs are discouraged, although for some cases, they are acceptable.

Keep your updated staff positions list on the first post of the thread.

Anyone, staff member or not may share their feelings there. If I see a staff member not including a non-staff member or a fellow staff member, then you will be warned. Do NOT do this.

You can also discuss things via PM, but only if needed.

Other threads

There will be a few other threads on here, including, but not limited to:

-FFMD07: Trades/Trade Block- Place players on the block, and browse through trades made.

-FFMD07: Discussion- Discuss anything related to this mock here.

Do NOT start your own threads for this mock.

Job Descriptions

-General Manager- Will make all of the final decisions, and is in control of everything, ranging from trades to picks, but he should not let the power go to his head. The HC, and the rest of the staff should be greatly influencing every decision he makes.

-Head Coach- Has a key part in all of the decisions, but his focus is mainly on the team itself, rather than looking up players or searching for trade options.

-Assistant GM- Very close to the GM, but his job mostly involves looking for trade options around the league. When he hears another team's player/pick is on the block, he tries to get a feel for different deals they can make for that player/pick and sends that info to the team. Trade offers should be directed towards him, and he shares them with the team. He is not the only one who can talk or negotiate trades, but trades should be sent through him, and he should be very involved in the trade situation.

-Offensive Coordinator- Helps decide needs and works with the offensive scout to look for help on offense. Focus is on fitting the guy into their specific team.

-Offensive scout- Is responsible for helping out with info on all offensive players- college and pro. Works with the offensive coordinator to work out good offensive picks.

-Defensive Coordinator-Helps decide needs and works with the defensive scout to look for help on offense. Focus is on fitting the guy into their specific team.

-Defensive scout- Is responsible for helping out with info on all defensive players- college and pro. Works with the defensive coordinator to work out good defensive picks.

-Scout- Their jobs are focused on the draft. They should help out with all decisions however, and are not just limited to helping out with the draft. They have no specific job, but they offer their opinions and advice on all matters. There may be multiple scouts on one staff.

Again, any issues should be PMed to me.

This will be a lot of fun, but to maximize the fun, we have to make sure that is done in the best way possible, so follow the guidlines and rules, and we should all really enjoy ourselves. Good luck!

Anyone who wants to sign up for a spot is free to do so. I would like to let the staff run this as much as possible so let's get a staff together.

Ok we will go with this for our Roster:
Heres a list of our current roster. This is from the OFFICIAL Buffalo Bills website.

QB - J.P Losman
Craig Nall

RB - Anthony Thomas
Fred Jackson
Shaud Williams
Micheal Turner

WR - Lee Evans
Peerless Price

Josh Reed
Roscoe Parrish
George Wilson
Sam Aiken
Dwayne Jarrett

TE - Robert Royal
Kevin Everett
Ryan Neufeld
Brad Cieslak
Matt Murphy

OT - Jason Peters
Terrance Pennington

Langston Walker
Brad Butler
Kirk Chambers
Walter Stith

OG - Derrick Dockery
Jason Whittle
Duke Preston
Randy Hand
Chris Bober

C - Melvin Fowler
Aaron Merz

DE - Aaron Schobel
Chris Kelsay
Ryan Denney
Anthony Hargrove
Eric Powell
Ryan Neill

DT - Larry Tripplett
Darwin Walker
John McCargo
Kyle Williams
Tim Anderson
Jason Jefferson

LB - Angelo Crowell
Keith Ellison
Mario Haggan
Josh Stamer
Jon DiGeorgio
Roy Manning
Kevin Harrison
Kendrell Bell

CB - Terrance McGee
Ashton Youboty
Kiwaukee Thomas
Jabari Greer
Eric Bassey
Ahmed Carroll

S - Donte Whitner
Ko Simpson
Coy Wire
Jim Leonhard

P - Brian Moorman
K - Rian Lindell
LS - Mike Schneck

Draft Picks
#17 - 1st Round
#43 - 2nd Round
#79 - 3rd Round (via Jax)
#92 - 3rd Round (via Baltimore)
#184 - 6th Round
#222 - 7th Round
#239 - 7th Round

The Draft is going to be 5 rounds.

Last edited by Ice on Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:50 pm; edited 5 times in total
htsportplaya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i see they gave you GM....oh well, i tried....can i get assistant??
billskickass77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll play a scout if you need one i guess
McGahee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wherever you want me, feel free to slot me in there Ice
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I could be a scout or whatever yah need....let me know

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in do u need a Head Coach still.
Ice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the positions so far:

GM - Ice
AGM - Htsportplaya
HC - Billsguy82
OC -
DC - McGahee
Scout - billskickass77
Scout - Maxmw22

If anyone wants to be OC just let me know.
As soon as I can get an official roster and list of our picks I will post it.

We need to get a trade block together as well as deciding who we want to trade for.
Do we want to trade up,down or stay put?
Let's try to keep most of the discussion in this thread and away from pm's .
If anyone has a question for me pm me or post in here.

Last edited by Ice on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
McGahee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather be the DC than the OC if thats possible
Ice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
I'd rather be the DC than the OC if thats possible

It's done. We all have our work cut out for us now Smile
I can see holes at CB,RB and LB just at first glance.
Ice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like for everyone to get a list together of what they think are our holes and if they have any ideas on how to fill them.
The trade market will be heating up pretty soon so we also need to make a list of who we may want to trade as well as who we want to go after.
The Jets have contacted us letting us know CB Barrett is available.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs
2 Lb's, one ILB at least
RB, possibly 2
TE capable of recieving
#2 WR, we have a #1 and 3 #3's
3rd string QB
CB a #2 or #1
No FB on our roster currently

Willing to trade
I say any of our recievers not named Evan's ie/Price/Parrish/Reed

Maybe a DT seeing we now have 6 on the roster Tripplet/Walker/Anderson/Williams/McCargo/Jason Jefferson

our 3rd rounder from the Ravens #92

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
billskickass77

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since OC seems a bigger need and we already have a scout...i can take OC if you would like
McGahee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this post Free Agency and such?
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we should start by posting our full roster including the practice squad.From there we can figure out the holes outside of the obvious. Finally conferance up on possible intended players in which to acquire, and work in our financial details.................................AGREED.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
Needs
2 Lb's, one ILB at least
RB, possibly 2
TE capable of recieving
#2 WR, we have a #1 and 3 #3's
3rd string QB
CB a #2 or #1
No FB on our roster currently

Willing to trade
I say any of our recievers not named Evan's ie/Price/Parrish/Reed

Maybe a DT seeing we now have 6 on the roster Tripplet/Walker/Anderson/Williams/McCargo/Jason Jefferson

our 3rd rounder from the Ravens #92

Totally agreed man, should we work on possibly Michael Turner, if so we should attempt it immediately because he could be a hot commodity. What do u guys think............

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: