You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but then you post a thread "i wish steelers would have been 4-12"

I did?

I said, "in hindsight." Meaning, if we're missing the playoffs, it is better to miss them than miss them.

As for you respecting my opinion - I'm not here for your respect. I'm not here for you to like me. I'm here to learn, educate, and discuss football. If you don't like my opinion, don't read what I write.
StillersFury

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelSedition really enjoyed the first post.

Second post was Rah Rah kool aid stuff

If I could trade Faneca for a Top 37 pick I would.

Justin Harrell would be a fantastic 1 Gap Dt in the 43. Could wave in on any down and distance and be effective
treat88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:

Absolutely. Don't think we'll get it though.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
porterfarrior55

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
StillersFury wrote:

Absolutely. Don't think we'll get it though.

No we wont. It would be great but teams know hes probably gonna be a FA next year so theyll just wait and get him then.

^props to saintsfan^
Jayme96

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said before, it's better to get something of value (read: day 1 draft pick, preferably late 1st, early 2nd) than to just rent him for a year. I think that Arizona's 2nd is a very reasonable expectation to be honest. The coaches there know him, and are desperate for O Line help. He's also a stud. Him knowing the coaches there should make resigning him much easier as well, plus they'd probably have a negotiated contract for him to make the trade happen. I believe the Seahawks did that with Branch before the Pats traded him....same thing here I'd think.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayme96 wrote:
As I said before, it's better to get something of value (read: day 1 draft pick, preferably late 1st, early 2nd) than to just rent him for a year. I think that Arizona's 2nd is a very reasonable expectation to be honest. The coaches there know him, and are desperate for O Line help. He's also a stud. Him knowing the coaches there should make resigning him much easier as well, plus they'd probably have a negotiated contract for him to make the trade happen. I believe the Seahawks did that with Branch before the Pats traded him....same thing here I'd think.

You see, the problem is that Faneca WILL be on the open market if he wants to be. This means that if he were to likely be resigned by Arizona, it would be pointless to trade for him. This would only get one extra year of play out of him for Arizona, meaning they would not give up much to get him if anything. Anything that the Steelers would get for trading him would most likely be useless in the end.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
VanSlyke18

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywlker32 wrote:
Jayme96 wrote:

You see, the problem is that Faneca WILL be on the open market if he wants to be. This means that if he were to likely be resigned by Arizona, it would be pointless to trade for him. This would only get one extra year of play out of him for Arizona, meaning they would not give up much to get him if anything. Anything that the Steelers would get for trading him would most likely be useless in the end.

very true, but whiz and grimm may feel it necessary to bring in protection for pretty boy sooner rather than later. if they were to trade for him this year, they may end up paying less for him in the future, simply because he seems to be a sympathizer with the coaching staff.... they'll discuss extension rather than vie for his play in the free agent market. think about it... he's won a superbowl... the only thing left is to go for the money. ask Chris Hope.
Larry Fitz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanSlyke18 wrote:

very true, but whiz and grimm may feel it necessary to bring in protection for pretty boy sooner rather than later. if they were to trade for him this year, they may end up paying less for him in the future, simply because he seems to be a sympathizer with the coaching staff.... they'll discuss extension rather than vie for his play in the free agent market. think about it... he's won a superbowl... the only thing left is to go for the money. ask Chris Hope.

So then, VanSlyke, what would you say the Cardinals would part with for Faneca if they were to do such a trade?...I obviously could not imagine them parting ways with their Second round pick, which is very early for Faneca. Unless there were some picks being swapped? Maybe their 2nd and 4th for our 3rd and another pick? I dont know, I am just throwing out numbers, I am curious to see what others opinion would be on what it might take to net such a trade.
spush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Fitz wrote:
VanSlyke18 wrote:

So then, VanSlyke, what would you say the Cardinals would part with for Faneca if they were to do such a trade?...I obviously could not imagine them parting ways with their Second round pick, which is very early for Faneca. Unless there were some picks being swapped? Maybe their 2nd and 4th for our 3rd and another pick? I dont know, I am just throwing out numbers, I am curious to see what others opinion would be on what it might take to net such a trade.

I dont think you could give away an aging OG in his final year of contract. As good as he is or not, OG's are not at such a premium as OT's. Steinbach money was ridiculous, but you cant take much seriously from the Browns. Noone especially will offer anything up before draft day. They'd be crazy to not wait and see how the draft unfolds.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faneca and the Cards/Browns/Pick your draft partner/ can have a deal in place prior to the trade..Happens all the time.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: