You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Rumors
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PittKid39

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Trade Rumors Reply with quote

i have been hearing a lot about us getting rid of Faneca for draft picks.... that is ridiculous...our o-line is bad enough let alone without our pro bowl gaurd..........
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Rumors Reply with quote

PittKid39 wrote:
i have been hearing a lot about us getting rid of Faneca for draft picks.... that is ridiculous...our o-line is bad enough let alone without our pro bowl gaurd..........

Hes a FA after next season. He hasnt been showing up to "voluntary" workouts. and He is getting on the older side + next year we wld have to resign him + and TRoy.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
ktfuehrer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need him this season, he won't be traded.

BTW, does anyone know if Faneca has a cap penalty if traded?
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Art Rooney II said that the Steelers and Alan Faneca "still got a way to go" in terms of a contract extension, but he added that the perennial Pro Bowler's absence from the workouts, which are not mandatory, did not concern him.

--Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/03/26/truth.rumors.nfl/1.html

While this is the truth&rumors section I believe that this statement is true.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know losing faneca would be a big loss but we do have young guys with lots of potential and we could probably get a 2nd round pick for Faneca so we could pick someone of Justin Blaylocks caliber. Faneca will probably be gone next season anyway.

^props to saintsfan^
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're rebuilding. I trade Faneca now rather than delay the inevitable.
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: HEY Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

We are not rebuilding whats with you man? theyre not going to trade him theyre going o have one or two rookie lineman and his experience would be invaluable to them unless some team blows them away its not happening

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

I am almost hoping aboard that boat.

I wouldn't mind trading him for a high second round pick. As long as his salary is off the books, that's all that matters.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
steeler75586

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

I wouldn't mind trading him for a high second round pick. As long as his salary is off the books, that's all that matters.

I like that idea. We trade him only if his salary doesnt hurt us. If it doesnt then we might as well get someone out of it.

Thanks to cew28315039 on the sig
ktfuehrer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
What? Rebuilding? Every team changes each year, in no way do I see us in a rebuilding mode.

Just because there are some areas of focus, doesn't mean it can't be upgraded with one player drafted.

Faneca needs to stay for another year and then evaluate were the team financially is at then. Granted, he will most likely move on in 08-09, but it doesn't change the fact we can be competitive in 07-08.
steeler75586

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think we are in rebuilding mode but i think we need some serious upgrades in certain positions.

Thanks to cew28315039 on the sig
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: HEY Reply with quote

STELRFAN wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

We are not rebuilding whats with you man? theyre not going to trade him theyre going o have one or two rookie lineman and his experience would be invaluable to them unless some team blows them away its not happening

Perhaps we're not rebuilding, but we should be. We're delaying the inevitable. We are overpaying for underachievers. We have free agency hell coming up with little to no cap room. We have a new coach, a young QB, young WRs, and a young RB.

It is time to trim the fat. Clean up some cap space, cut some dead weight, cut some vets who may be good players but are eating up huge chunks of money, and rebuild. We need an infusion of youth in our LB corp and infusion of skill on our o-line.

The more you delay these things, the worse it hurts when it catches up. That is what happened to the 49ers and the Raiders.

I'd much rather rebuild for the next 2 or 3 years and have $20 million in cap space to play with in a few years (like the Patriots had this offseason although they have managed their team far better than us) and be able to make 5 or 6 good Super Bowl runs during the prime of our stars' creers, than delay the inevitable and face cap hell during their primes.

That might mean losing Faneca. It might mean losing Haggans. We already lost Porter. It might even mean losing Polamalu (although he will be resigned). The fact of the matter is our team is a ticking time bomb right now. Free agency and the salary cap is going to explode, and I'd rather us blow it up ourselves and retool to make runs during Ben's prime than have it catch us by surprise and waste our franchise QB.

Last edited by Cutwolf on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
avoidlloyd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: HEY Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
STELRFAN wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

Perhaps we're not rebuilding, but we should be. We're delaying the inevitable. We are overpaying for underachievers. We have free agency hell coming up with little to no cap room. We have a new coach, a young QB, young WRs, and a young RB.

It is time to trim the fat. Clean up some cap space, cut some dead weight, cut some vets who may be good players but are eating up huge chunks of money, and rebuild. We need an infusion of youth in our LB corp and infusion of skill on our o-line.

The more you delay these things, the worse it hurts when it catches up. That is what happened to the 49ers and the Raiders.

I'd much rather rebuild for the next 2 or 3 years and have $20 million in cap space to play with (like the Patriots did this offseason) and be able to make 5 or 6 good Super Bowl runs during the prime of our stars' creers, than delay the inevitable and face cap hell during their primes.

That might mean losing Faneca. It might mean losing Haggans. We already lost Porter. It might even mean losing Polamalu (although he will be resigned). The fact of the matter is our team is a ticking time bomb right now. Free agency and the salary cap is going to explode, and I'd rather us blow it up ourselves and retool to make runs during Ben's prime than have it catch us by surprise and waste our franchise QB.

I agree . And once again said this last year when most had little regard for all those extra picks we had.
JPeezy55

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

the two teams who need him the most probably are the Cards (5) and the Browns (3) does that change some of your minds a little bit what if someone slips to the early second

Welcome to Sixburgh.
One4theThumb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

I think Im jumping on this bandwagon as well

I wouldnt mind grabbing an extra second and getting Ben Grubbs, cut that salary and the stress of signing him and Troy

I think we'd be alright

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: