Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

colt's draft picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smstuart14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: colt's draft picks Reply with quote

1 Marlin Jackson CB- Michigan or Channing Crowder ILB Florida
2 Odell Thurman ILB- Georgia or Stanley Wilson CB- Stanford
3 Babineaux - DT from Iowa
4 Ryan Claridge- OLB UNLV
4 Nick Kaczur - OG Toledo
5 Renaldo Hill - CB Frorida
5 Noah Herron RB Northwestern or maybe we might Gamble on Clarett
6 Jonathan Goddard- DE/OLB Marshall
7 Liam Ekeziel - ILB- Northeaster in case we dont resign Bracket if we do resign bracket then

Tell me what you think of the positions we select in each round. most my info comes from espn. Renaloo Hill we've courted and say he is a hidden gem- not invited to combine
inkwell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a few comments:

It would be slight reach for Marlin there but I like it because he gives you a shot at starting CB who if he cant quite cut it there, gives you a natural free safety in case out two starters are too similar (SS types).

I would love to see Polian pick Crowder because it would mean they signed off on his injury history and off field issues. I havent held my breath on him because we cant know their thinking on those issues.

From what I read, I would guess Thurman would be gone by their pick on the second tho Wilson is a possibility there.

Babineaux looks like their type of DT and would fit into their DL rotation.

I know nothing about Claridge

I think Kaczur is a hype guy. Not sure he will be a polian pick.

Hill has gotten all the press in the Indy papers but no idea if that is smokescreen or true interest.

no way I see Polian "gambling" on Clarett, additionally I DO see them taking a RB before this pick
smstuart14

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best fellow colt fan on this forum - inkwell
i like what you said - so are you thinking corner first round or not now that we have harper back. they say we wont resign morris until after the draft if we decide not to draft one.
inkwell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the kind words.

I really dont know what to expect. Since they have needs everywhere on D, it really comes down to who Polian/Dungy like best and we all know their system means they dont look at players the same as other teams front office does.

If we believe they are switching Mathis to OLB and Brock to DT, then they need a pass rusher and some should be available . . . Tuck, Roth, Dan Cody. If those moves dont happen, a Patterson might be higher rated for our D than he is generally. A Chris Canty who can swing inside and out seems to be someone who might be of interest to us.

I dont have any handle on how they would rate the LBs available. The most likely MLBs for us seem to have off field probs and we cant know how they view Thurman and Crowder for that reason. I guess Burnett is a possibility if they like a MLB (Mitchell) on the 2nd round. I really dont see them bringing back Morris now that they have admittted he is a liability by leaving him unsigned this long. He is already a fan whipping boy and it would be a rough return IMO.

Of the DBs I like Justin Miller but dont think he will be there. I like Brodney Pool but dont know enough to judge if he can play CB for us. I like Marlin Jackson and he seems to have moved up the boards a little recently. I hope they dont bite on the speed with Fabio Washington. I dont think he can tackle well enough to play for us. They keep saying that CB is a devalued position under the new rules so I really think CB is a later pick, maybe Stanley Wilson on the second if Bryant McFadden and Eric Green arent there.

This front office could fool us all and pick a Blackstock to play rush end. They could take an Arrington. They could take a Castillo tho I think the mocks predicting him are off base, not because of the recent steroid admission but just because he isnt a swing player like this team seems to favor up front. I also think some defensive players rated high in mocks could fall, so they might have to look at a Travis Johnson or a Thomas Davis or DeMarcus Ware as such value at 29 that they have to overlook whatever caused them to fall.

For whatever reason I am saying Chris Canty assuming he checks out as healthy.
Unger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself am hoping that we grab Crowder with our 1st pick...but none of us know what Bill is thinking.

Back to subject...

I think that Jackson is a reach here, his stock has been falling, hopefully he could get to us in the 2nd.
Thurman will proably be gone by then
Bab is a Dungy guy through and through, could easily see this.
Don't know Claridge, Kazur.
There's rumors of us looking at Hill, so this is a possibilty.
Don't know any of the others.

I would'nt doubt us trading down to grab more 2nd and 3rd round picks. There'e several players I hope we manage to grab somehow:
Channing Crowder, ILB- He's a beast, I want him, we need him
Marlin Jackson, CB- Can be our guy to match up against the big WR's
JJ Arrington, HB- Polian has him rated as the #4 HB on the Indy website
Walter Reyes, HB- If we can't get JJ, Reyes would be decent
Alfred Fincher, ILB- Read his draft overview, barely any negatives

I'd also want a G, S depth, and situational run-stuffer in there.[/b]
Tall_Ogre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colts need to just take the best D player available. Plain and simple.
andersong0857

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep a very close eye on all the prospects out there and I right now am leaning towards David Pollack because I think he's a typical Dungy player that is a little undersized but fits the colts system real well and from what I have read he is a real workhorse who has just had an outstanding college career.

That would open up moving Robert Mathis too OLB and firmly establish the front line with alot of speed. Now all they got to address is a good cornerback and rumors are out that Tampa Bay even with there cap problems are possibly interested in trading there 2nd round pick and Ronde Barber for Edgerrin James which will relieve us of the huge 8 million dollar cap on the Edge who's time as a colt is ready to be terminated anyway. The Edge does not want to sit on a one year contract and I believe he wants to go as bad as we need him to go. Whatever the case Im sure Tony Dungy is smarter than us and is looking real hard for anybody who wants to trade for the Edge during draft day and I believe the Edge will be gone and the Colts can then prepare for a SuperBowl run which I believe they will then have the key components to do so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bigred

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tall_Ogre wrote:
Colts need to just take the best D player available. Plain and simple.
No they don't. Nothing against you but man I hate that kind of thinking. You must also consider - in fact first and foremost IMO you usually SHOULD consider - team need. If we draft a safety w/that #1 pick Polian is even dumber than I thought.
smstuart14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on indystar the colts expert did a mock draft and had us drafting matt roth like several outside of indianapolis mock drafts. Why do we need a DE. Unless Dungy believes Brock and Mathis are out of position now and can do much better learning a new position this summer.

Either we go with best athletic lb who is quck and can make tackles in cover 2 or a good size corner who can cover a guy. all of our conernbacks outside of jefferson are under 5'10
smstuart14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my first pick right and we could have gotten crowder or wilson in the 2nd. Babineaux went one pick higher in the 2nd so i had him underrated. Claridge went in the 5th. Kaczur i think went in 3rd. Renaldo Hill was i think 6 or 7th. So we bluffed on him. Herron went in the 7th and clarett went alot earlier than anyone expected. Goddard went in 6th. But we already had filled that need by then. Ekeziel didnt get drafted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: