Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Overall thoughts on the the Colts' draft?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Overall thoughts on the the Colts' draft? Reply with quote

I was just relieved they didn't draft a TE or midget safety w/that first pick. Cool

Jackson doesn't dazzle me, but generally a logical pick as CB was our biggest need IMO and there just wasn't a good enough LB there. I was a puzzled by Heyden over guys like McFadden/etc, but don't know much about him so I'll defer.

Not really up on the others we picked and naturally was annoyed when perceived value blew by us, several times in some cases (eg Shazor etc). Generally I guess I feel "OK" but underwhelmed about our draft. I could've lived w/o another late-round PK and opted for a flyer on some D or even OL, but oh well.
bigred

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, please, one at a time!!!!

Rolling Eyes
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packers/colts fan here, i loved the marlin jackson pick but only because i wanted the packers to pick either him or pool
i also feel like polian and ted thompson are on the same wavelength when guys i liked were passed up time and time again by both teams for guys i never heard of
anthony davis will be a decent back for you guys
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
inkwell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no idea. I like the first and last picks. On everything in between I will wait and see. They certainly addressed the D and if Polian has done his usual job of matching player with their system, they could find a few contributors from this draft. I hope!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: