You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Most common draft pick for the Steelers is... [Part 2]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mickey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Most common draft pick for the Steelers is... [Part 2] Reply with quote

I searched over 100 NFL Mock Drafts on the internet.. here are the results for our first round pick.

The # indicates how many mock drafts had that player listed as our pick.

1.] Jarvis Moss - 18
2.] Leon Hall - 15
3.] Adam Carriker - 14
4.] Lawrence Timmons - 11
5.] Darrelle Revis - 9

6.] Paul Posluszny - 7
6.] Patrick Willis - 6

7.] Quentin Moses - 4
7.] Chris Houston - 3
7.] Charles Johnson - 3

8.] Ryan Kalil - 2
8.] Dwayne Bowe - 2

9.] Robert Meachum - 1
9.] Marshawn Lynch - 1
9.] Levi Brown - 1
9.] Reggie Nelson - 1
9.] Gaines Adams - 1
9.] Jamaal Anderson - 1
9.] LaMarr Woodley - 1

Part 1 - http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1887999&highlight=#1887999

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just say no to Carriker, Hall or Revis.

I think Carriker is a bust, Hall is more worth of a lte 1st rounder and like with Revis, we have no need for a 1st round CB.

I do like the Jamaal Anderson and Gaines Adams predictions though Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your telling me you know who we are going to pick, right? Wink
skywlker32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:

I think Carriker is a bust, Hall is more worth of a lte 1st rounder and like with Revis, we have no need for a 1st round CB.

I do like the Jamaal Anderson and Gaines Adams predictions though Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Why do you see Carriker as a bust?

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywlker32 wrote:

1)Partially its a gut feeling
2)Wasnt talked of that highly till the Senior Bowl and Combine.

I also should have said that for being a mid 1st round pick, he'll be a bust. I think he'll just be average starter.

Plus, we have no need for him unless we're goin to a 4-3.
skywlker32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
skywlker32 wrote:

1)Partially its a gut feeling
2)Wasnt talked of that highly till the Senior Bowl and Combine.

I also should have said that for being a mid 1st round pick, he'll be a bust. I think he'll just be average starter.

Plus, we have no need for him unless we're goin to a 4-3.

I would think that emergence during the senior bowl would be a plus for him because he performed well against other players of NFL caliber talent. Also, with the possibility for Keisel moving to OLB, he isn't a need, but would allow for upgrade at 2 positions.

Blacky Gold

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Most common draft pick for the Steelers is... [Part 2] Reply with quote

Mickey wrote:
I searched over 100 NFL Mock Drafts on the internet.. here are the results for our first round pick.

The # indicates how many mock drafts had that player listed as our pick.

1.] Jarvis Moss - 18
2.] Leon Hall - 15
3.] Adam Carriker - 14
4.] Lawrence Timmons - 11
5.] Darrelle Revis - 9

6.] Paul Posluszny - 7
6.] Patrick Willis - 6

7.] Quentin Moses - 4
7.] Chris Houston - 3
7.] Charles Johnson - 3

8.] Ryan Kalil - 2
8.] Dwayne Bowe - 2

9.] Robert Meachum - 1
9.] Marshawn Lynch - 1
9.] Levi Brown - 1
9.] Reggie Nelson - 1
9.] Gaines Adams - 1
9.] Jamaal Anderson - 1
9.] LaMarr Woodley - 1

Part 1 - http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1887999&highlight=#1887999

Not a single Anthony Spencer? Interesting....
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywlker32 wrote:

I would think that emergence during the senior bowl would be a plus for him because he performed well against other players of NFL caliber talent. Also, with the possibility for Keisel moving to OLB, he isn't a need, but would allow for upgrade at 2 positions.

If Keisel does move to OLB, he makes sense. Personally, I just dont like him. I cant really explain it that much.

In the 4-3, he makes sense also. However, like I said, I dont like him.

But who knows, its the draft Smile
ktfuehrer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keisel will move to OLB to be the backup of Harrison so we can draft Carriker. I don't get that logic...

If we draft a DE (not a tweener), Keisel will be the starter for a year or the backup at DE for A. Smith or the rook (and most likely asked to restructure his deal).

If we draft a OLB/DE, Keisel will stay put and Harrison will start for a year while the rook learns the position.

I don't buy Keisel being the starting OLB, he may be learning the coverages so he can be dropped into coverage on some new blitz schemes.
skywlker32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktfuehrer wrote:
Keisel will move to OLB to be the backup of Harrison so we can draft Carriker. I don't get that logic...

If we draft a DE (not a tweener), Keisel will be the starter for a year or the backup at DE for A. Smith or the rook (and most likely asked to restructure his deal).

If we draft a OLB/DE, Keisel will stay put and Harrison will start for a year while the rook learns the position.

I don't buy Keisel being the starting OLB, he may be learning the coverages so he can be dropped into coverage on some new blitz schemes.

I could see the coaches maybe considering that Harrison may not be stout enough against the run. It seems to me that he has shown he can play passing downs, but I am not sure whether he can be useful against the run. By rotating Keisel in at OLB on rushing downs, the Steelers may make themselves the much stronger against the run. I never was sold that Keisel would make a good DE in the 3-4. He did outperform what I was expecting from him last year, but he is still weak against the run at DE because of his size. He is not a guy that will be able to naturally play at 300lbs or so, which is what you expect from a guy that you will have eating up blocks for a whole game.

ktfuehrer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywlker32 wrote:
I could see the coaches maybe considering that Harrison may not be stout enough against the run. It seems to me that he has shown he can play passing downs, but I am not sure whether he can be useful against the run. By rotating Keisel in at OLB on rushing downs, the Steelers may make themselves the much stronger against the run.
Having a huge liability in pass coverage is not my idea of a good plan. Give up a lil' on the run defense so we close the exposure against the pass...I'm better with that.

The more I wonder about what D we're going to run, the 46 looks like a good option with the current personnel, by adding a DT.
skywlker32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktfuehrer wrote:
skywlker32 wrote:
I could see the coaches maybe considering that Harrison may not be stout enough against the run. It seems to me that he has shown he can play passing downs, but I am not sure whether he can be useful against the run. By rotating Keisel in at OLB on rushing downs, the Steelers may make themselves the much stronger against the run.
Having a huge liability in pass coverage is not my idea of a good plan. Give up a lil' on the run defense so we close the exposure against the pass...I'm better with that.

The more I wonder about what D we're going to run, the 46 looks like a good option with the current personnel, by adding a DT.

Keisel could be a liability in coverage, but that is why you run the rotation with Harrison in on passing downs. I only bring this up because I am pretty sure that the coaches have openly said that he is being tried at OLB. I don't feel like going back through to find the source, but I am pretty sure it's out there.

Jdrocco01

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:

I actually agree with every bit of this post, AFF. I don't want to see Carriker, Hall or Revis and I'd love to see either Anderson or Adams.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdrocco01 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

I actually agree with every bit of this post, AFF. I don't want to see Carriker, Hall or Revis and I'd love to see either Anderson or Adams.

Great minds do think alike Wink
BrianSteelz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately both adams and anderson will be long gone before we pick, so who do u actually like for the steelers to draft at the 15th spot. I dont want a corner in the 1st round but olb's will be there in round 2 so thats why everyone is looking at carriker, i personally like pat willis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: