You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers interested in Revis? Listen in
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big--ben7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Steelers interested in Revis? Listen in Reply with quote

It's long but stay with it, I think it's interesting! It's my first topic so I hope it's interesting to you guys. I'm new to this forum stuff but I love it. What's not to love non-stop steelers talk. This article talks about alot of the same stuff we talk about in here.

http://www.heraldstandard.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18117397&BRD=2280&PAG=461&dept_id=468632&rfi=6
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Steelers interested in Revis? Listen in Reply with quote

big--ben7 wrote:
It's long but stay with it, I think it's interesting! It's my first topic so I hope it's interesting to you guys. I'm new to this forum stuff but I love it. What's not to love non-stop steelers talk. This article talks about alot of the same stuff we talk about in here.

http://www.heraldstandard.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18117397&BRD=2280&PAG=461&dept_id=468632&rfi=6

I would not like this pic at all. No need for a 1st round DB.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Steelers interested in Revis? Listen in Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
I would not like this pic at all. No need for a 1st round DB.

We need a nickel cornerback. Why not Revis? A guy who can do a great job.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You spend a first round pick on a nickle back?

Shocked
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

You spend a first round pick on the best player available.

Bryant McFadden is a free agent after 2008. Ricardo Colclough is a free agent after 2007. Deshea Townsend is a free agent after 2009.

McFadden, if he keeps improving, might not come back. A second cornerback will be needed.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

You spend a first round pick on the best player available.

When has Colbert EVER drafted BPA that wasn't a need?

Answer: Never.

Look it up if you doubt me.

Quote:
Bryant McFadden is a free agent after 2008. Ricardo Colclough is a free agent after 2007. Deshea Townsend is a free agent after 2009.

Colclough should be cut. BMac isn't going anywhere. The Steelers don't draft a guy, develop a guy, let him start for a year or two, and then just let him go. At least not typically. They take care of their own. Bmac will be a Steeler for a long time. Take it to the bank.

Quote:
McFadden, if he keeps improving, might not come back. A second cornerback will be needed.

Then we can draft one next year if you're so sure he'll be gone.

Big Ben will be a free agent in 2010. Let's draft a QB asap.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
BMac isn't going anywhere. The Steelers don't draft a guy, develop a guy, let him start for a year or two, and then just let him go. At least not typically. They take care of their own. Bmac will be a Steeler for a long time. Take it to the bank.

Just like Chris Hope, right?

as11osu wrote:
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Fail'd at reading comprehension.

Pass'd at selective reading.

I said not typically.

And Chris Hope was more than expendable. He wasn't a star and wasn't a future star. He wasn't a cornerstone.

Anthony Smith is already better than Hope.
big--ben7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't necessary think we should draft a CB @ #15 either. But I wouldn't hate it. What I thought was interesting was how it talks about Tomlin as a db coach and coaching with what he has. Because I can't wait to see wat he can do with Bmac and Taylor. The other was how there is no pass rushers or guard worthy at #15. Only if Gaines Adams wouldn't be gone.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
Quote:

Fail'd at reading comprehension.

Pass'd at selective reading.

I said not typically.

And Chris Hope was more than expendable. He wasn't a star and wasn't a future star. He wasn't a cornerstone.

Anthony Smith is already better than Hope.

Don't insult me, please.

Anthony Smith is already better than Hope? So, he's had a 5 INT season? A 100 tackle season? Scored a touchdown? I must have missed all that.

as11osu wrote:
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big--ben7 wrote:
I don't necessary think we should draft a CB @ #15 either. But I wouldn't hate it. What I thought was interesting was how it talks about Tomlin as a db coach and coaching with what he has. Because I can't wait to see wat he can do with Bmac and Taylor. The other was how there is no pass rushers or guard worthy at #15. Only if Gaines Adams wouldn't be gone.

Bmac and Ike are our starters. You don't spend a 1st round pick on a 3rd CB.

Quote:
Anthony Smith is already better than Hope? So, he's had a 5 INT season? A 100 tackle season? Scored a touchdown? I must have missed all that.

That's right. Stats are everything. Jeff George was a better QB than Troy Aikman.

Watch the field, not the paper.

Anthony Smith has infinitely more potential than Hope.

Anthony Smith started 4 games and had more interceptions than Hope in all but one of Hope's seasons with Pittsburgh and more passes defensed than Hope ever had with Pittsburgh.

In 4 games started vs 16 (in hopes best season as a Steeler)

4 games vs 16 games
2 INTs vs 3 INTs
8 passes defensed vs 0 passes defensed

Actually, Smith had more passes defensed in his 4 starts alone than Hope had in his entire career with Pittsburgh.
big--ben7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bmac and Ike are our starters. You don't spend a 1st round pick on a 3rd CB.

We think they are our starters but maybe the new coaching staff doesn't. If they are then obvious I wouldn't want to use our 1st pick for a CB either. And by the way the thing I liked best about the article was the end, TRADE DOWN!
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

I never denied that. I just said he's not as good as Chris Hope, right now. You're not really disputing that.

as11osu wrote:
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

I never denied that. I just said he's not as good as Chris Hope, right now. You're not really disputing that.

Anthony Smith started 4 games and had more interceptions than Hope in all but one of Hope's seasons with Pittsburgh and more passes defensed than Hope ever had with Pittsburgh.

In 4 games started vs 16 (in hopes best season as a Steeler)

4 games vs 16 games
2 INTs vs 3 INTs
8 passes defensed vs 0 passes defensed

Actually, Smith had more passes defensed in his 4 starts alone than Hope had in his entire career with Pittsburgh.

Wanna bet that Anthony Smith, barring injury, puts up better stats in 2007 than Chris Hope ever did in Pittsburgh?
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
Wanna bet that Anthony Smith, barring injury, puts up better stats in 2007 than Chris Hope ever did in Pittsburgh?

We're not talking about Anthony Smith versus Chris Hope when Hope was with Pittsburgh. We're talking about right now. This very moment.

You said Anthony Smith is already better than Hope. And, he's not. Hope is currently better than him right now.

as11osu wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: