You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Faneca?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackLion21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Trade Faneca? Reply with quote

Would you trade Faneca? I know this would greatly thin our O-line, but if the price is right I would pull the trigger. Teams are overpaying for everything these days, I think we could get a 1st rounder and probably another pick for him (2nd or 3rd rounder). I don't see this situation with him playing out very well. Even if he does report to training camp on time and plays all next year, I don't see him here in '08.

O-line Next Year

LT - Smith, Essex
LG - Mahan
C - Simmons, Okobi, Phillip
RG - Kemoeatu, Rookie
RT - Starks, Colon

Trade would give us 5 first day picks.

Tell me if you think I'm insane.
spush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you could get something like a first rounder or even 2nd for Faneca, which will never happen, your 3 interior lineman are all first time starters together at that position.

Let him play his contract out...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the details of your trade may be a little optimistic. A first and a second? Indeed, teams are overpaying for linemen right now, but only in terms of contracts. Not sure that would translate to mortgaging your 2007 draft for a guy with one year left on his deal.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else tired of all the POINTLESS Faneca bashing threads going around the forum????

Our forum may be growing but not with quality
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Is anyone else tired of all the POINTLESS Faneca bashing threads going around the forum????

Our forum may be growing but not with quality

I second that notion!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We trade Faneca we get a crappy Oline like we had this year. Fameca is the best on the team, and maybe even the Best in the NFL. No way we trade him...end of story

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
We trade Faneca we get a crappy Oline like we had this year. Fameca is the best on the team, and maybe even the Best in the NFL. No way we trade him...end of story

I agree that we're probably not going to trade him. That said, I'd approve a trade of Faneca and our 1 and 2, for Arizona's 1 and 2. Gaines Adams and Bowe/Meachem anyone?
BlitzburghXL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't trade him, then he's gonna be let go either way when his contract is up. or maybe it's time to start using the franchise tag. O-Line men are in high demand this year, if we were to trade him this would be the year. A great team needs to use the most opportune time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not bashing Faneca, but if the Steelers eventually are going to cut him within the next few years, they should trade him to get something for him instead.

Thanks to GangGreen64 for the sig!
StillersFury

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Faneca is the best on the team, and maybe even the Best in the NFL. No way we trade him...end of story

Faneca has allowed the most sacks in the NFL since 2003.

Best at allowing sacks? Is it bashing when your telling the truth or speaking of facts?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Quote:
Faneca is the best on the team, and maybe even the Best in the NFL. No way we trade him...end of story

Best at allowing sacks? Is it bashing when your telling the truth or speaking of facts?

so where is the stat on sacks allowed and that Faneca has allowed the most?
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Quote:

False Leonard Davis has allowed the most sacks since 2003 a grand total of 23.50. While Faneca isn't to far behind in my research I've also noticed that Faneca has not one holding call from 2003-present. That right there is a feat in itself. What I've also noticed is that A. Faneca has played the most game during that span out of any guard not missing one game. Remember I post links to back up my facts. Click any OL name and it will show you there stats.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/teamstats.asp?type=depthcharts&teamno=23&Submit=Go

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
StillersFury wrote:
Quote:

False Leonard Davis has allowed the most sacks since 2003 a grand total of 23.50. While Faneca isn't to far behind in my research I've also noticed that Faneca has not one holding call from 2003-present. That right there is a feat in itself. What I've also noticed is that A. Faneca has played the most game during that span out of any guard not missing one game. Remember I post links to back up my facts. Click any OL name and it will show you there stats.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/teamstats.asp?type=depthcharts&teamno=23&Submit=Go

Im not surprised leonard davis is terrible, I like alan faneca allot hes good but if davis got 50 mill you know alan wants something similar. Hes the best of the steeler line but hes not worth that price

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
StillersFury

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2007 by STATS LLC.

They are a fantasy football website. Sacks allowed and tackles are not an offical stat.. the disclaimer is even on there web page.

Football Outsiders.Com actually have every game broke down with the sacks allowed stat...Also points out inflated tackle numbers.

NFL.com and Football outsiders are the only 2 sources that break down every game as whole and they do not take info from the teams.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Quote:
2007 by STATS LLC.

They are a fantasy football website. Sacks allowed and tackles are not an offical stat.. the disclaimer is even on there web page.

Football Outsiders.Com actually have every game broke down with the sacks allowed stat...Also points out inflated tackle numbers.

NFL.com and Football outsiders are the only 2 sources that break down every game as whole and they do not take info from the teams.

Yeah those sites do break down the games, but they don't break down the individuals. So what ever source you used to find that A. Faneca has given up the most sacks wasn't these two sites. Just because there fantasy sites means they can't be a good sourece of information? Look I found a site that showed me A. Faneca didn't give up the most sacks. Disclaimer, Fantasy, or not is useful info and L. Davis still gave up the most sacks.

Last edited by SteelProven on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: