You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the idea of taking Revis in the 1st?
yes
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
no
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

andre80j

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#pitt

Quote:
Revis (5-11 , 196) ran the 40 in 4.41 and 4.39 seconds. He also notched a 38-inch vertical, a 10-foot-5 broad jump, a 4.08 short shuttle and a 6.56 three-cone drill. Sean Gilbert, a former first-round pick and 10-year NFL player, is his uncle. This workout made him some money, solidifying his status as a mid-first round pick.

Does anyone else besides me like the idea of taking him at #15 if he is still there, which he probably will be. Looking at the options maybe trade back a little in the first but still take him.

I think he'd be able to beat out McFadden by the middle of the year after he gets accustomed to LeBeau's schemes and the speed of the NFL. He'll eventually be better than Ike.

If Ike is struggling again, then we could have a very young, and good secondary with McFadden, Revis, Polamalu, and Smith as the starters and Ike playing the nickel.

Deshea is getting old and lost a step. Hopefully he could be the veteran that takes Revis under his wing if we did draft him.
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A team of all corners and OL please.
andre80j

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

So your contempt with Ike, McFadden, and Deshea. I mean they did do a helluva job last year... (sarcasm if you didn't pick up on that).

unless im senile, i dont believe i mentioned OL...

also how about some constructive criticism out of you and provide a different view and give ur personal idea of what we should do with the pick...
VanSlyke18

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andre80j wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

So your contempt with Ike, McFadden, and Deshea. I mean they did do a helluva job last year... (sarcasm if you didn't pick up on that).

unless im senile, i dont believe i mentioned OL...

also how about some constructive criticism out of you and provide a different view and give ur personal idea of what we should do with the pick...

and you're content with a non-existent pass rush?

if you fix the pass rush, you fix the corners..... think about it.
Jayme96

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be pissed, because I'm a DB fan, but I wouldn't be pleased either. I think that we need to get BOTH OLB AND ILB, as well as OL and probably WR before we go with another CB. If Ike and McFadden hadn't shown some serious signs of being able to be good, and weren't both young, it'd be a good pick. But Ike looked good 2 years ago, and McFadden looked good as a rookie too. Sure neither looked good last year, but most of the team didn't. As stated, you improve the pass rush and the secondary would look a lot better than it did. My rankings of need:

1a&1b: ILB/OLB (Posluszny/Spencer)
2: OL (Staley/Kalil/Yanda 2nd or 3rd)
3: WR (3rd or later rounds, so Hill/Gonzalez/Trannon)
4: DB (S or CB...Troy has injury concerns and contract is up soon, and it'd be nice to get a ballhawk at FS like Landry...but that's a luxury, not a need....NICKELBACK is a need though.....Wendling/Piscatelli/Weddle could all be versatile enough to play S and also LB (Wendling/Piscatelli) or CB (Weddle), and be ST demons)
5: RB (for depth, and also change of pace...Brian Leonard is ideal)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bmac and Ike are good and will be great.

You don't spend a #1 pick on a 3rd CB.
spush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
Bmac and Ike are good and will be great.

You don't spend a #1 pick on a 3rd CB.

Yeah, Im comfortable with our CB's for now, they're not the problem. Fix the pass rush to give them a fighting chance to succeed.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: