You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Charles Grant

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Charles Grant Reply with quote

How good is this guy? Is he better than Will Smith? Is he a good pass rusher? Good run stopper? Does he play LE or RE? How come his production has dropped the last few years?
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is really good. And while I think Will Smith is really good too, I have always thought Grant to be the better pass rusher. My dad has a theory that Will Smith has better numbers as of late because noone wants to run to his side anymore kinda like back when the Saints had the Dome Patrol, Pat Swillings numbers were slightly better than Rickey Jackson's cause you didn't want to run to his side. But personally I think he is really good and is one of the more underrated DEs in the league. It's unfortunate he wont be with us for the 2008 season from my prediction. Thats why I would like him traded now while we can still get something for him.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
D24pick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only agree with the don't run to Grant's side part

Grant is damn good. He is the most balanced DE in the NFL arguably. He has speed, strength, play recongnition, and stuffing ablitity

Grant is not the better pass rusher by much. Smith has a better technique and finesse way to reaching the QB, Grant doesn't do that anymore he's more of power and quickness

Grant plays LE

Teams dont get it. It doesn't matter which side you run. Our Ends are after you. His production has dropped with Haz b/c Haz tweaked the guy about his size and wanted him bigger. Grant got outta hand and was too big, as his stats flopped.
Payton came in and leaned him towards losing weight and gaining strength. Now he's almost back to where he used to be

-Saints Assistant GM FFMD07-
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grant is a freak. possibly the best overall DE in the NFL. His sack totals are down because of the stuff already mentioned...but if you overlook that, there is no DE in the league that is even close as good at stopping the run. He is our best defensive player...and if we lose him...our defense will be worse next season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: