You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to trade Faneca
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Time to trade Faneca Reply with quote

Guy is becoming a nuisance and a locker room cancer.

We might need to draft a guard in round 2 after all Laughing

First he popped off about Ben in 2005
Then he popped off about Tomlin in 2006

Now, he is not showing up for voluntary workouts. Perhaps he is planning to hold out, but one thing is for sure: Voluntary or not, when you have a new coaching staff and a new head coach who you whined about, you report.

Interview with Ced Wilson:

Quote:
Is Alan Faneca here?

No, Alanís not here.

Is Hines Ward here?

Oh yeah, Hines was here.

Troy Polamalu?

I think heís on his way.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to quote something, please post a link. Thank you.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot, sorry, sir.

http://steelers.scout.com/2/628073.html
spush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Time to trade Faneca Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
Guy is becoming a nuisance and a locker room cancer.

We might need to draft a guard in round 2 after all Laughing

First he popped off about Ben in 2005
Then he popped off about Tomlin in 2006

Now, he is not showing up for voluntary workouts. Perhaps he is planning to hold out, but one thing is for sure: Voluntary or not, when you have a new coaching staff and a new head coach who you whined about, you report.

Interview with Ced Wilson:

Quote:
Is Alan Faneca here?

No, Alanís not here.

Is Hines Ward here?

Oh yeah, Hines was here.

Troy Polamalu?

I think heís on his way.

Quote:
Two offensive co-captains, guard Alan Faneca and wide receiver Hines Ward, have been outspoken about each. Faneca, among those who did not make it to the team's facility yet

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07079/770896-66.stm

You make the case in other threads not to draft O line and then trade away your best one.The guy isnt happy right now, obviously. But he'll come around. Ward held out, he came back. Faneca has been around awhile, he's one of the few guys who could miss OTA's and not fall behind.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read what I said in the second line of my original post please.

As for Faneca - he has become lazy in recent years. His work ethic has decreased. His pass protection leaves something to be desired. His run blocking is great.
spush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

As for Faneca - he has become lazy in recent years. His work ethic has decreased. His pass protection leaves something to be desired. His run blocking is great.

As normal, you make a valid point. All fact based opinions are valid points. I just think the a trade isnt the proper way to handle it. It would send a message, but the player never dictates a situation, the organization does. He's still the best we have, and so many rookie OL dont pan out. I agree with some of your other posts stating wait to add depth later on and stick with what you have. This line is one season removed from being considered elite, top 5 in the NFL. You have to give them a chance to regain that form. Plus, it says he hasnt reported YET. We'll have to wait and see. 85% reported for day one of OTA. He isnt the only one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

As normal, you make a valid point. All fact based opinions are valid points. I just think the a trade isnt the proper way to handle it. It would send a message, but the player never dictates a situation, the organization does. He's still the best we have, and so many rookie OL dont pan out. I agree with some of your other posts stating wait to add depth later on and stick with what you have. This line is one season removed from being considered elite, top 5 in the NFL. You have to give them a chance to regain that form. Plus, it says he hasnt reported YET. We'll have to wait and see. 85% reported for day one of OTA. He isnt the only one.

Way to be rational about it. I agree with everything you said.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope we do trade him but what wld we get? a first? or second?

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:

Who's going to replace Faneca? A rookie? We've seen what happens when Faneca isn't in the lineup. He's the Steelers best OL and I don't see any foreseeable replacements. I say the Steelers sign him to a 1-2 year deal and bring in a replacement very soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: HEY Reply with quote

Look around the Nfl Most big name players dont come to the off season workouts right away because you cant do anything except for lift usually because the coaching staff is not aloud to be doing allot ask the giants they were fined a couple of years ago for violating the rules so really not much is going on except for speeches about what a coach expects and what he intends to be done alan will be there dont trade him that would be a bad mistake. because it sends a bad message to the veterans on the team they are already feeling uneasy after the way they played they should be but you dont want to create a bad culture before the season even begins

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
spush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:

Who's going to replace Faneca? A rookie? We've seen what happens when Faneca isn't in the lineup. He's the Steelers best OL and I don't see any foreseeable replacements. I say the Steelers sign him to a 1-2 year deal and bring in a replacement very soon.

Thank you, you cant start 22 rookies. Some people want to trade the team away for draft choices.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love little bits of NFl Trivia.

What Nfl Olinemen has allowed the most sacks in the NFL since 2003?

I will give a hint...He played LT for the Pittsburgh Steelers for 10 games.

54 sacks allowed in his past 64 games(playoffs included..Short one game because the Steelers rested there starters for 2 seperate halves in 2004/2005)

Answer at the bottom.

Sacks allowed is not an offical NFL stat. Breakdown was done by Football outsiders

Alan Faneca Mad
RangerD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cutwolf does raise a valid point though - I really doubt Faneca is with the team in 2008. He hits free agency a year from now, and he's going to get huge money from someone. Probably not a 7 year deal like Steinbach, but something that has a ton of guaranteed money and pays $8 mil a year or so for the first 3 years. Let's say, I'd be pretty surprised if he settles for anything less than that.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is one of the weakest OG drafts in a long time. Someone may give the Steelers a 1st round pick for him but it would be a team on the edge of the playoffs looking for a OG. Baltimore anyone?

Cincinnati is another thought?

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
ktfuehrer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
And this is one of the weakest OG drafts in a long time. Someone may give the Steelers a 1st round pick for him but it would be a team on the edge of the playoffs looking for a OG. Baltimore anyone?

Cincinnati is another thought?
You want to trade our best OL to 2 divisional rival? Shocked The best opportunity is a second to AZ and let Faneca go play for Grimm/Whiz again.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: