You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is it with Steeler Fans and Quarterbacks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
we're 13 months removed from winning the SB

I've used that line countless times in this forum. Along with Ben is good, if you like 6'5" 240lb QB's with a laser rocket arm. Ben will be fine. OL, play calling, scheme, injuries have kept him from reaching full potential. Although a % of bad play was entirely his fault probably due to lack of confidence in the pocket at times and holding the ball too long. He has intangibles that I only see in Tom Brady. The ability to stay cool under pressure and convey confidence. IMO, we havent begun to see the potential of Ben and this franchise will be solid for at least another 10 years with him at the helm.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RangerD wrote:
fire Tomlin

That says it all Mr. Ranger dude lol. I love it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlitzburghXL wrote:
when your great, your glorified, but if u suck, u get a kordell steward beer bath. steelers way of treating our QB's
a bit off topic here but i think if we would have let him be the QB he really was and not to make him more of a pocket passer that he would have been fine...i actually liked him...not a popular decision prolly Laughing

Quote:
I said in another thread, it wouldn't surprise me if they took a QB on Day Two, especially if someone falls a few rounds, like Troy Smith....they took Omar Jacobs last year in round 5, it didn't work out as planned, but that doesn't mean they're done looking for Batch's eventual replacement.
If Troy Smith falls and Pittsburgh picks him up, the heavens would have rained from above...i beleive Troy Smith will have atleast a decent career in the NFL, develop him under Batch and Roethlisberger and he can be a pretty good QB and one hell of a back up. I dont really get why people are so afraid of a QB that is approximately 6'(i beleive his actual height is 5'11 3/4'' or somethin like that).

QB's in Pittsburgh will prolly never get the credit they deserve...especially Roethlisberger...everyone thinks he sucks...the thing is he has already led the team to a SB win and the AFC Championship Game...

Quote:
if you like 6'5" 240lb QB's with a laser rocket arm
A)he actually isnt 240lbs anymore(he kept off the weight he lost bc of the accident) and B)Laser Rocket arm? a little excited there lol...He has a good arm and normally has very good decisions except when he has a motorcycle accident, sever concussion, another concussion in a game, appendix or what ever...he has got to be one of the most unlucky person when it comes to injuries, bc he really isnt injury prone its just he's in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Jamison. on the sig
spush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He has a good arm and normally has very good decisions except when he has a motorcycle accident, sever concussion, another concussion in a game, appendix or what ever

Inside Information, Im liking it..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: