You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My ideal 4 round mock (subject to change)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: My ideal 4 round mock (subject to change) Reply with quote

Steelers send 1st, 2nd (1480 value) to Miami for Miami's 1st, 4th (1434 value)

1. Jamaal Anderson (DE, Arkansas)
3. Brandon Siler (ILB, Florida)
4. Kolby Smith (RB, Louisville)
4. Johnathan Wade (CB, Tennessee)
4. Jacoby Jones (WR, Lane) - also wouldn't mind one of StillerFury's boys here (Aaron Fairooz) because I trust his judgment although it may be a little early.

Disclaimer: Mock is subject to change and will likely change prior to the draft. All opinions are merely opinions. I do not hate you, I do not hate the Steelers, I did not kick your dog. I'm merely giving my opinion.
RangerD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: My ideal 4 round mock (subject to change) Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
Steelers send 1st, 2nd (1480 value) to Miami for Miami's 1st, 4th (1434 value)

1. Jamaal Anderson (DE, Arkansas)
3. Brandon Siler (ILB, Florida)
4. Kolby Smith (RB, Louisville)
4. Johnathan Wade (CB, Tennessee)
4. Jacoby Jones (WR, Lane) - also wouldn't mind one of StillerFury's boys here (Aaron Fairooz) because I trust his judgment although it may be a little early.

Disclaimer: Mock is subject to change and will likely change prior to the draft. All opinions are merely opinions. I do not hate you, I do not hate the Steelers, I did not kick your dog. I'm merely giving my opinion.

I like Anderson... We know from past experience that the Steelers aren't afraid to trade up if they want someone....It could happen.

Then, if he isn't a star by week 1, we can hear how we gave up too much for him, he was a reach, he would have fallen to #15, etc etc...like with Troy and Holmes! Laughing
SteelerFan27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't give us any help with an off. line pick. Granted one might not make the team, but gives us another body for training camp.
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can find one later. Don't see O-line as an immediate need this draft.
joejacks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the so called point value to move up when there are better players than Anderson later would be a terrible mistake! And besides that 2nd round pick has Michael Bush's name on it.
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anderson is stud. Also wouldn't mind going up for Adams but he won't make it to 10 like Anderson possibly will.

As for Michael Bush I prefer Kolby Smith. Just because Bush is big doesn't mean he runs with power. He'd rather run around people than through them.
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the Dolphins would accept a 1,3, and 4 for their 1? Assuming Quinn is off the board that is.

I'd rather do that and go Harris in the 2nd.

But, overall I am completely on board with the concept of moving up. I'd just like to do it and retain the 2nd rounder.

I think we may have to get up to 7 to have a realistic shot at Anderson though.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about giving up our 2nd rounder. That seems like a little much, and there is alot of talnet in this draft, especially early on. I like Anderson, but he isnt elite talent and Id be skeptical to give up that much.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like my spinoff of Jpeezy's draft...

Trade back with the Pats for their 2 1sts

1a. Anthony Spencer
1b. David Harris
2. Blalock
3. Kolby Smith
4. Tim Shaw/Quincy Black
4. Jacoby Jonaes/Aaron Fairooz
5. Justin Hickman DE/OLB UCLA
spush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

1a. Anthony Spencer
1b. David Harris
2. Blalock
3. Kolby Smith
4. Tim Shaw/Quincy Black

I like this one better, but it may be hard to sign 2 first rounders, maybe could then trade #28 for future picks or later picks. Im just not sold on Jamaal Anderson transitioning to LB, if thats what your plan is. But I think he could be an amazing DE in either defense.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

1a. Anthony Spencer
1b. David Harris
2. Blalock
3. Kolby Smith
4. Tim Shaw/Quincy Black

Like I told him, the Pats will never do that trade. They are looking to add depth at this point, and those two 1st round picks will do wonders.

Thats a fantasy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

1a. Anthony Spencer
1b. David Harris
2. Blalock
3. Kolby Smith
4. Tim Shaw/Quincy Black

Like I told him, the Pats will never do that trade. They are looking to add depth at this point, and those two 1st round picks will do wonders.

Thats a fantasy.

Dont be so sure, the Pats spent alot of money in FA really only seem to need to sure up their secondary and add some youth. History says they love to acquire future picks. Especially next years first rounders. 2 first rounders are expensive, even later ones.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

HUH??? OL is our biggest need!!!

That draft would give us one, very unlikely, chance at winning a super bowl next year and then send us right to the bottom of the AFC for many years. DE Jamaal Anderson is raw and needs to be coached up.

We have three starting OL who are free agents next year and you didn't draft a single one. Faneca is likely gone, Simmons is probably going to leave for big (undeserved) money elsewhere, and Starks is likely gone as well. We have Colon to replace Starks but Kemo isn't necessarily equal to Simmons, doubtful he's in improvement. I can't imagine playing Essex in Faneca's spot.

Also we need an OLB this draft to replace Haggans next year since he's a free agent but you didn't take an OLB.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

1a. Anthony Spencer
1b. David Harris
2. Blalock
3. Kolby Smith
4. Tim Shaw/Quincy Black

Thats a fantasy.

Dont be so sure, the Pats spent alot of money in FA really only seem to need to sure up their secondary and add some youth. History says they love to acquire future picks. Especially next years first rounders. 2 first rounders are expensive, even later ones.

Okay, well, even with the moves theyve made in FA, they have more cap space than we do.

They need a good safety and some depth at LB. They could get Nelson or Michael Griffin for a S and maybe Poz or Timmons as a LB for the future.

I still think there is no way they trade those picks. I could be wrong though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

HUH??? OL is our biggest need!!!

That draft would give us one, very unlikely, chance at winning a super bowl next year and then send us right to the bottom of the AFC for many years. DE Jamaal Anderson is raw and needs to be coached up.

We have three starting OL who are free agents next year and you didn't draft a single one. Faneca is likely gone, Simmons is probably going to leave for big (undeserved) money elsewhere, and Starks is likely gone as well. We have Colon to replace Starks but Kemo isn't necessarily equal to Simmons, doubtful he's in improvement. I can't imagine playing Essex in Faneca's spot.

Also we need an OLB this draft to replace Haggans next year since he's a free agent but you didn't take an OLB.

Actually, front 7 is our biggest need. Thats not debateble, our needs after that vary depending on who you ask. Personally this is my order of priority...

DE/OLB...depending on what defense we run really. We will have to use 2 or 3 picks on front 7 in the draft.
OL
CB or WR
RB

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: