You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IF YOU WERE THE GM....ROUND 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHO WOULD YOU DRAFT IN ROUND 3?
EARL EVERETT
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
TONY HUNT
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
JASON HILL
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ANTONIO PITTMAN
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
BRAIN LEONARD
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
DOUG FREE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

StillersFury

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time will tell.

Things I know....

We are the Pittsburgh Steelers..WE play defense. (Also run the ball which feeds into your Oline arguement and we cant have that Wink

My thoughts- Steelers hired a defensive minded head coach...Who cut the best player on the defense( Farrior or Troy I know). Now if you believe Tomlin has equal personel say...He wants to draft his type of guys.

Tomlin is an attacking 4-3 Cover 2 defensive mind.

Linebacker and DL are the 2 biggest need areas on this team

Hoke Bailey Kierschke James Harrison Foote Haggans dont fit the scheme. I believe none of these players will be on the 2008 roster.

Good news.

Aaron Smith can play under tackle in this scheme.

Kiesel can play LDE in this scheme

Rian Wallace excelled at the Hawk at Temple... The Hawk is Similar to strong side backer in Tomlin's scheme...He could be a player who really steps up.

Farrior has 3 quality years left tops....He understands the game so well at this point he can play any of the backer slots...Best suited for SLB.

Oline there is depth at every position.

I believe the Oline improves greatly with the new hire.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Time will tell.

Things I know....

We are the Pittsburgh Steelers..WE play defense. (Also run the ball which feeds into your Oline arguement and we cant have that Wink

My thoughts- Steelers hired a defensive minded head coach...Who cut the best player on the defense( Farrior or Troy I know). Now if you believe Tomlin has equal personel say...He wants to draft his type of guys.

Tomlin is an attacking 4-3 Cover 2 defensive mind.

Linebacker and DL are the 2 biggest need areas on this team

Hoke Bailey Kierschke James Harrison Foote Haggans dont fit the scheme. I believe none of these players will be on the 2008 roster.

Good news.

Aaron Smith can play under tackle in this scheme.

Kiesel can play LDE in this scheme

Rian Wallace excelled at the Hawk at Temple... The Hawk is Similar to strong side backer in Tomlin's scheme...He could be a player who really steps up.

Farrior has 3 quality years left tops....He understands the game so well at this point he can play any of the backer slots...Best suited for SLB.

I agree that Tomlin wants to bring in guys that fit his system, but I dont think Porter was cut because of that. I fully expect them to stay with the 3-4 this season, so I believe the Porter cut was more about clearing up cap space than anything. Eventrually, I think this will become the 4-3 Tomlin 2 defense, but this upcomning season Im thinking LeBeau will be running that D with Tomlin's input.

LB is a need, DL is a need, but I dont know about most crucial unless they actually are switching to the 4-3 this season. I suspect 3 front 7 prosects to be taken in the draft, but I really cant see all on the first day, unless there are some steals and they fit.

I cant say I agree that none of those players you mentioned will be there in 2008. I just dont see them dismantling the defense thats in place that fast.

What leads you to believe that the OLine will be improved? Grimm is gone, and as of now, we have some serious pass protection issues. And I dont really agree with the depth. I dont know ALOT about Colon, but Im not an Essex fan. Im not a Kendall Simmons fan either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Kendoll Simmons

I really like Zierlein the New Oline coach alot
RangerD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Time will tell.

Things I know....

I think it just depends on how the draft unfolds - I think they'd have a hard time passing on Ryan Kalil or Blalock or Grubbs in round 2 just due to the UFA situation with Simmons, Starks, and Faneca.

I do agree that Tomlin will re-tool the defense for a 4-3 (maybe not for 2007 but eventually) and people who think we'll stay with a 3-4 forever are just wishful thinking....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: