Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sharod 'Roddy' White

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Sharod 'Roddy' White Reply with quote

I was just wondering what some Falcon fans thought when White was drafted in round 1. Were you happy that he was the guy? Were you upset? If you would have picked someone else, whom would it have been? I am going to post one of these in every forum for their team's first pick and see what I get. I'm going to use these for something later on.

I really did not like this pick. They took Jenkins late last year, and he wasn't the greatest. I would give him some time to develop before committing to another first round wide out. I would have taken Baas, the next top tackle on their board, or Patterson.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharod 'Roddy' White Reply with quote

rushpacker_56 wrote:
I was just wondering what some Falcon fans thought when White was drafted in round 1. Were you happy that he was the guy? Were you upset? If you would have picked someone else, whom would it have been? I am going to post one of these in every forum for their team's first pick and see what I get. I'm going to use these for something later on.

I really did not like this pick. They took Jenkins late last year, and he wasn't the greatest. I would give him some time to develop before committing to another first round wide out. I would have taken Baas, the next top tackle on their board, or Patterson.

to be honest with you. he was on the top of the board. Cody had character issues and PAtterson was the guy right below White from what I've heard. Barnes wasn't even in the top 50 on McKay's board like some people think and the next best G or Tackles was Baas. This move is not replacing Jenkins like some people think. JEnkins will be the starter next year. This pick is a possible replacement for Price. Roddy will play the X reciever. JEnkins is a Z guy like Dez White or Finneran.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
golf333333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the Falcons could've traded down, aquired a few more picks, and still picked up Roddy White. I honestly have to disagree, but just becuase he had some good workouts, doesn't mean anything. You need to see them play for a year or two before you can honestly know though, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt when you say that he was a good pick.
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First scar goes on saying that WR is not a day1 need then makes fun of everyone who had them taking a WR. Then right after says he hates the pick. Now he changes his mind completely and says he loves the guy and he's at the top of his draft board. Make up your mind.

Thanks EAtotheGLE
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo_Its_T.O. wrote:
First scar goes on saying that WR is not a day1 need then makes fun of everyone who had them taking a WR. Then right after says he hates the pick. Now he changes his mind completely and says he loves the guy and he's at the top of his draft board. Make up your mind.

I never said he was at the top of My draft board. I said he was at the top of McKay's and considering McKay got the talent there for the Buccs long playoff streak and Superbowl I trust him.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: