You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

troy polumalu
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
porterfarrior55

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:
StillersFury, do you ever post anything psoitive about the Steelers?

Exactly, I hate all these people who are so negative all the time and then when the Steelers start doing well there like "yea, i knew we were gonna be good". Posers, what can you do with them?

^props to saintsfan^
spush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Quote:
is his pre snap confusion and ability to line up all over the field and be productive.

Really...Thats so pathetic its funny.

Quote:
He is perfect in the box in the 3-4 defense

Perfect but a liability in coverage...And hes a DB Rolling Eyes

Quote:
He wreaks havoc in the run game and blows up alot of plays before they even have a chance.

If he doesnt miss the tackle..Or isnt run over

Quote:
He doesnt seem to finish alot of the plays

Fact

Quote:
he blows up,

27 is Tony Smith...

Quote:
but slows them down enough for the LB's to finish. Its just another reason we need an elite pass rusher b/c our safeties arent feared in coverage.

Troy isnt feared for 2 simple reasons.

-Hes dumb...4 years in the NFL...He still cant cover..Call it what you like...He scored 13 on the Wonderlic for a reason.

-He is over confident in his abilities.

Troy will make jaw dropping plays...Denver playoff game on the screen.

He also will allow a bum Rookie Wr(Williams) from the Ravens to burn him for 2 Tds.

Troy would be a great safety if he learned to cover and form tackle Surprised

Are you on the right board? Cleveland is 142 mile NW. What does a wonderlic score have to with playing safety?

Quote:
[quote="StillersFury"]
Quote:
is his pre snap confusion and ability to line up all over the field and be productive.

Really...Thats so pathetic its funny

Its so true it funny....Say what you want but guys like you convey the negative in every situation.. Im guessing you saw Laron Landry's combine numbers and have formulated some master plan on how he's the future of the franchise.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Posers, what can you do with them?

I am not a Steeler fan like you..I dont have my black and gold cheerleading outfit and pom pom's. I am not spoon fed by what others tell me...I watch the games...Makes my own opinions and observations

Quote:

All the time...There has to be a Yang..To all the ying here.

Tony Smith is going to be great.

Willie Colon will be a fine starting RG

Mahan is no where near the player of Hartings and he never will be...He is a big step up from the lil person Chukky Okobi.

I am so negative...80% of you use a nickname I gave a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Lil Evil-Tyrone Carter

Before you go and pull the Sporting News Piece...I am FC the Author.

About 15 posters here can verify I am

I gave Carter the nickname when he played for the Gophers Wink
spush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Quote:
Posers, what can you do with them?

I am not a Steeler fan like you..I dont have my black and gold cheerleading outfit and pom pom's. I am not spoon fed by what others tell me...I watch the games...Makes my own opinions and observations

Quote:

All the time...There has to be a Yang..To all the ying here.

Tony Smith is going to be great.

Willie Colon will be a fine starting RG

Mahan is no where near the player of Hartings and he never will be...He is a big step up from the lil person Chukky Okobi.

I am so negative...80% of you use a nickname I gave a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Lil Evil-Tyrone Carter

Before you go and pull the Sporting News Piece...I am FC the Author.

About 15 posters here can verify I am

I gave Carter the nickname when he played for the Gophers Wink

Well congratulations on the nickname, I put "Big" in front of "Ben" and its not doing too bad either. Like you, Im not "spoon fed" with info from posts and also formulate my own opinions. I agree that Smith could be great and Colon will be a starter somewhere on the Steeler line no later than '08 opening day. Our safety situation is getting crowded but Troy isnt going anywhere. He'll be the next face of the defense now that Porter is gone. Despite every bad play he's ever made sticking in your head, he is a playmaker and will be around for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thread lock coming. Calm down and get back on topic

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
VanSlyke18

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah?... I invented Tetris.

Seriously... why make claims to who you are on a mostly anonymous forum? So what if people can verify who you are? I have at least 3 here that will swear undoubted allegiance to the fact that I invented Tetris.

Just remember: here, your opinion counts for the same as mine, and that's not all that much when you come right down to it.

Rolling Eyes
RangerD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanSlyke18 wrote:

Seriously... why make claims to who you are on a mostly anonymous forum? So what if people can verify who you are? I have at least 3 here that will swear undoubted allegiance to the fact that I invented Tetris.

Just remember: here, your opinion counts for the same as mine, and that's not all that much when you come right down to it.

Rolling Eyes

I will verify that Van Slyke did indeed invent Tettis...

p.s. I'm really Art Rooney III
StillersFury

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the facts are simple.

I have made posts no one can dispute. Folks may not like the content...But the posts are factual. I dont do excuses

Quote:
Seriously... why make claims to who you are on a mostly anonymous forum

Actually the claims were made to establish a few things.

I am not a troll..I love my Steelers. I been a fan since birth....

My first words....Bradshaw throw the F------ Ball..I was born into this.

I actually profit from my thoughts on the Steelers...So I tend to be arrogant...I could care less if you like me. I dont make false claims, troll or make stuff up. Facts cant be disputed.

Troy is a special specimen...Until he learns his craft...He will never be elite. Troy has more ability then any safety in the NFL.
Larry Fitz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanSlyke18 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Yes, I also agree you invented Tetris. And if I am not mistaken, Frogger, quite some time ago. Still enjoy playing the Playstation form of that. And for that, I thank YOU, sir.
Larry Fitz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
No the facts are simple.

I have made posts no one can dispute. Folks may not like the content...But the posts are factual. I dont do excuses

Quote:
Seriously... why make claims to who you are on a mostly anonymous forum

Actually the claims were made to establish a few things.

I am not a troll..I love my Steelers. I been a fan since birth....

My first words....Bradshaw throw the F------ Ball..I was born into this.

I actually profit from my thoughts on the Steelers...So I tend to be arrogant...I could care less if you like me. I dont make false claims, troll or make stuff up. Facts cant be disputed.

Troy is a special specimen...Until he learns his craft...He will never be elite. Troy has more ability then any safety in the NFL.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ........Woohooo...

Just so we can prepare ourselves, how big is this soap box?
StillersFury

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I speak my mind and let it be. If further discussion is warranted..Then it happens.

You will be amazed how much you agree with

I dont post crazy stuff to post crazy stuff

This board is funny to me....People complain other boards are so negative...This board is the other extreme
VanSlyke18

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
I speak my mind and let it be. If further discussion is warranted..Then it happens.

This board is funny to me....People complain other boards are so negative...This board is the other extreme

ok?

troy polamalu what?

people complain when no one discusses the topics, not when people are too negative... sorry if that was lost in my "i invented tetris post"... but i did invent tetris after taking the different shapes of the soapboxes people stood on and seeing how they could fit together as one cohesive unit. Wink

wow... that analogy was almost too good to be true.. anyway...

don't for one second think that just because you've made some brilliant and unfounded observation of this board that you're one iota above posting something of quality.

now, post something about troy polamalu, or I will be forced to tell you of more things I have invented.

oh... and just so we're 100% clear, RangerD is, in fact, Art Rooney III
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanSlyke18 wrote:
StillersFury wrote:

ok?

troy polamalu what?

people complain when no one discusses the topics, not when people are too negative... sorry if that was lost in my "i invented tetris post"... but i did invent tetris after taking the different shapes of the soapboxes people stood on and seeing how they could fit together as one cohesive unit. Wink

wow... that analogy was almost too good to be true.. anyway...

don't for one second think that just because you've made some brilliant and unfounded observation of this board that you're one iota above posting something of quality.

now, post something about troy polamalu, or I will be forced to tell you of more things I have invented.

oh... and just so we're 100% clear, RangerD is, in fact, Art Rooney III

and I'm Terrence Hugh Hanratty. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
troy polamalu what?

This is a decent place to start

Quote:
Every playoff game Troy Polamula has played in...He has allowed a 25 yard+ catch or a TD
VanSlyke18

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Quote:
troy polamalu what?

This is a decent place to start

Quote:
Every playoff game Troy Polamula has played in...He has allowed a 25 yard+ catch or a TD

good... and you gotta understand, it's not that we don't believe you... it's just that we don't care.

as for troy.... well, take the playoff statistics with a grain of salt. it would only be natural that more stats would be put up, simply because the level of competition is higher (in the afc at least)

that said, most of the playoff games troy has been in, the opposing teams have either been pass-oriented or playing from behind. in any case, if you really want to go in depth, you have to look at the corner that lined up on troy's side.

troy is a fantastic player, if used correctly. and YES, that is definitely enough to warrant a safety position on the Steelers. We could do worse (Flowers, Alexander, etc).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: