You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

troy polumalu
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
6ondaway

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: troy polumalu Reply with quote

what do you guys think about resigning him.

I understand he want alot of money, but hes worth it. If you dont pay a player like that, who do you pay???

anyway do you think we will resighn him???
alot of these forums of other teams(like the giants) are saying that their teams are"saving" money in this year FAmarket to get ready for next years to be able to sign big names like polumalu
spush

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were a NYG fan, what else would you talk about. Troy will retire a Steeler. He's elite.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say there is a 90% chance they resign Polamalu, as both sides will want to get a deal done to keep him in Pittsburgh long term. The only reason for the 10% chance they don't keep him is a concern about the concussions.
pittlvr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres no way tomlin would have the balls to come in coach a season and then his first offseason as our HC after bill cowher to let the MVP of our team go because he doesnt want to pay him money. I dont think any steeler fans would like him at all if he did that especially after he let porter go.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say, there is almost no way Polamalu leaves. Id say the only way they let him walk is if he wants more than Ed Reed. Thats just not gonna happen.

Polamalu has said that he loves Pittsburgh and wants to retire here, of course, ARE said that too. Then again, ARE was never as crucial to the team as Troy is. And I think thats why they let Porter walk. We have too many contracts coming up. Polamalu is the best and youngest of all those FA's.

If we dont resign him, Tomlin better have a damn good contingency plan.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I gotta say, there is almost no way Polamalu leaves. Id say the only way they let him walk is if he wants more than Ed Reed. Thats just not gonna happen.

Polamalu has said that he loves Pittsburgh and wants to retire here, of course, ARE said that too. Then again, ARE was never as crucial to the team as Troy is. And I think thats why they let Porter walk. We have too many contracts coming up. Polamalu is the best and youngest of all those FA's.

If we dont resign him, Tomlin better have a damn good contingency plan.

With the escalating cap, he's going to want at least Ed Reed money. The only way I see him staying for less is with a very sub-par season this year or an injury.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
StillersFury

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy will be franchised if he cant be signed long term.

BUT...This is a fun fact.....

Every playoff game Troy Polamula has played in...He has allowed a 25 yard+ catch or a TD

I have supplied undisputable visual evidence at other sites to illustrate this point Wink

Why he is considered the most over rated player in the NFL.
spush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Troy will be franchised if he cant be signed long term.

BUT...This is a fun fact.....

Every playoff game Troy Polamula has played in...He has allowed a 25 yard+ catch or a TD

I have supplied undisputable visual evidence at other sites to illustrate this point Wink

Why he is considered the most over rated player in the NFL.

Its no secret he isnt an elite cover safety. What he does bring to the table that guys like Ed Reed doesnt, is his pre snap confusion and ability to line up all over the field and be productive. He is perfect in the box in the 3-4 defense. He wreaks havoc in the run game and blows up alot of plays before they even have a chance. He doesnt seem to finish alot of the plays he blows up, but slows them down enough for the LB's to finish. Its just another reason we need an elite pass rusher b/c our safeties arent feared in coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was interesting that Mike Tomlin used Casey Hampton and Troy Polamalu as examples of "elite players who defy scheme". Tomlin wants him here long term is what I read from that. With the cap currently rising by around 10% per year, Polamalu will get big money from the Steelers. He'll be in Pittsburgh well into his 30s.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was already discussed a lot along with many other players in cap issues...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Polamalu is here for good. He's not going anywhere. On the other hand I think Faneca is gone. Unless he will stay here for less money then somewhere else.

^props to saintsfan^
BigBen7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both Polamalu and Faneca will retire as Steelers and will have nice contracts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is his pre snap confusion and ability to line up all over the field and be productive.

Really...Thats so pathetic its funny.

Quote:
He is perfect in the box in the 3-4 defense

Perfect but a liability in coverage...And hes a DB Rolling Eyes

Quote:
He wreaks havoc in the run game and blows up alot of plays before they even have a chance.

If he doesnt miss the tackle..Or isnt run over

Quote:
He doesnt seem to finish alot of the plays

Fact

Quote:
he blows up,

27 is Tony Smith...

Quote:
but slows them down enough for the LB's to finish. Its just another reason we need an elite pass rusher b/c our safeties arent feared in coverage.

Troy isnt feared for 2 simple reasons.

-Hes dumb...4 years in the NFL...He still cant cover..Call it what you like...He scored 13 on the Wonderlic for a reason.

-He is over confident in his abilities.

Troy will make jaw dropping plays...Denver playoff game on the screen.

He also will allow a bum Rookie Wr(Williams) from the Ravens to burn him for 2 Tds.

Troy would be a great safety if he learned to cover and form tackle Surprised

Last edited by StillersFury on Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
porterfarrior55

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:
I think both Polamalu and Faneca will retire as Steelers and will have nice contracts.

If Faneca demands 9 or 10 million theres no way we can keep him. That would basically kick ben off of the team. Or someone of equal value. You can't keep a team together if your paying players that much, no matter how good they are. Wait til mannings contract catches up to the colts.

^props to saintsfan^
BigBen7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury, do you ever post anything psoitive about the Steelers?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: