Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

To Trade Woodson or Not to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjherrm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: To Trade Woodson or Not to Reply with quote

I think we need to lock this guy up now. By giving him a long term deal that makes him the #1 paid corner he will still be cheaper on the cap this year than if he's just franchised. I alos think that its not crazy to make him that. You look at champ baily as the number 1 corner out there and I saw him getting burned time and time again last year. Right now CB is just a highly paid position and it shouldnt be.
silvernblackattack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we do need to keep him, he has the potential to be the best cornerback in the league, we've seen at his best before, in the 03 season against the vikings he was on moss the whole game by himself and held him to 4 receptions for 28 yards, we need him, he just needs to want to play and not just think about the money
Bo Jackson 34

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders offered him something like 6 or 7 yrs at 63 million, which would have made him the highest paid corner. I do not recall the specifics of how much was guaranteed, which probably played a roll in his decision, but he still got paid over $8M.
kjherrm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did you see that cause i saw him on an interview on the best dam sports show and he said it is basically just about the money right now
Bo Jackson 34

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant to write that was offered in August before the season started and again the article did not talk about how much of it was bonuses and guaranteed, which makes all the difference considering that NFL contracts are not guaranteed anymore.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/9489900.htm
oakfan2k5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Woodson Reply with quote

he isn't worth it in my opinion, he can kiss my Raider loving [inappropriate/removed].

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: