Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Ronde/Edge trade, why Rolle would be better than DJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wquez7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: If Ronde/Edge trade, why Rolle would be better than DJ Reply with quote

He was just on ESPN and he said his ideal team would be a 3-4 defense. We play a 4-3, and the commentators agreed he has alot of potential in a 3-4. They compared him to Jason Taylor, and said he has great side-line to side-line speed.

Personally, I think this guy will be a star, but I would rather see MW with our #5.

If the whole Ronde/ Edge trade scenario goes thru, I personally would be satisfied with two scenarios. Either draft MW and have a power house offense, or draft Rolle. I think Rolle could contribute more to our D because he could play corner, safety, or even LB in Monte's 4-3 scheme. These are all positions that we do not have solid depth at. We would of course have a big need for CB if Ronde is traded, and this guy is flexible. He can also return punts.

This is Rondes's last year so we might as well try and get something for him. Imagine if we had traded Sapp or Lynch after their Super Bowl year, it would have been nice to get something in return for our two pro-bowlers.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about u do me a favor over here on the west coast and take alexander instead of edge...it would be greatfully appreciated..thanks
tdfast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if we traded Barber for Edge I think the way to go would be to take Rolle, he's pretty good. Either him or MW but we'd have to add a starting CB one way or the other. If not Rolle then we'd have to sign someone, with not a lot of starters still out there.

And the next time I hear a Seahawks fan [inappropriate/removed] about Alexander I'm going to slap them. In case you haven't noticed Alexander is the whole team, all your wide receivers suck, they drop everything. The QB is decent but not a superstar. You have bigger worries than replacing your Pro Bowl RB. If you really have an issue then we'll trade you Pittman for Alexander, straight up. Then you'll have something to [inappropriate/removed] about.
tdfast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we need another WR (and we do) and looking at MW in the 1st maybe we pull the trigger on the Barber for Edge deal, then with:
1st - CB Rolle to replace Barber
2nd - Mark Clayton out of Oklahoma

Johnson and Johnson won a Super Bowl in Tampa, maybe Clayton and Clayton can do the same. That adds youth to our secondary, Brian Kelly isn't as old or as expensive, the safeties aren't going anywhere just yet and we'll see about Edge. Not the worst deal I've seen.
DerrickJohnson#11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with u Tdfast but you are nuts if you actually think Mark Clayton will be there in the second he will be lucky to last past #20 at the latest. But with our 1st round grad Rolle or Mike Williams and with our 2nd grab O line or a WR.
wquez7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this year is supposedly deep at CB, and now that marlin jackson got arrested we might be able to grab 1st round talent in the second.
tdfast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah my Clayton and Clayton idea would need a trade up and some luck but wouldn't that be nice.

Another way to go would be MW in the 1st and trade up to take a good CB in the 2nd or late 1st. Depth should push some corner talent down that way. Jackson would be a favorite of mine, I love Michigan and don't buy the character question thing at all.
DerrickJohnson#11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i agree i think we could trade up and get him i think 2 claytons would be tight. Also if Braylon is gone and MW lands on our lap the vikes might want to trade up to us and get him and they would send us both their 1st rounders and we would give them our 1st and both our 3rds or maybe even one casue the vikes need a WR bad. So we could grab DJ at 7 and Mark Clayton at 18 I like that idea. I doubt Rolle would be there at 7 becasue the titans will probly snath him up at 6. What do u think of that trade with the vikes?
tdfast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like Rolle and Clayton if there was a way to swing it. If not I'd rather cheap out on the WR than the CB. Take Rolle, and then get the best WR left in the 2nd, move up to Colts #29 or whatever. But Rolle is the only one in the draft who can start right now and we need that if we dump Ronde.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: