Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eplain this to me ?? WHY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeanTaylor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Eplain this to me ?? WHY Reply with quote

Why a QB I will be rea;;y mad if they pick a QB
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2041257
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't assume that they know what they're talking about.
Ambrus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the skins leaked out qb but are planning on taking someone else.
rickgle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently they are thinking about taking a Quarterback with the 25th pick and Joe Gibbs himself had a personel interview with Auburn QB Jason Campbell the redskins are said to be very high on him and have him rated on par with the top two QB's Rodgers and Smith. Would be a crazy move Iif you ask me.
elkton_redskinsfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they mean TE/WR/QB Matt Jones? But have him at WR.
secondeye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Eplain this to me ?? WHY Reply with quote

SeanTaylor wrote:
Why a QB I will be rea;;y mad if they pick a QB
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2041257

The thing you need to explain to me, is how you justify your team giving up a 3rd round pick, a 4th round pick, and a pick that at least this year was #9..

FOR THE 25TH PICK IN THE DRAFT?

How do you justify that.. Please, I don't see anyone doing it. Someone please justify to me how unless the Redskins are so damn arrogant that they have little to no doubt they'll be a top 6 team record wise next year, that they could do this?

Unless the Redskins finish 12-4, this deal was ridiculous. Everyone knows the draft pool is thinner this year. The guy going #1 this year, might have been a 2nd round pick last year.

The only thing that makes sense is that they have a deal in place to trade with Miami or Cleveland to get someone in particular. They'd have traded with the 49ers already if that was the plan.

wow...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
e16bball

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except you have to ask yourself where the Redskins have need...

Next year's draft is not particularly impressive as far as WRs and CBs are concerned, whereas this draft is certainly more than solid at those two spots. We have age problems at CB, so it's best to get one now, and we need a WR now badly. I don't like the trade, as I've said numerous times, but I do see the point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: