You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marcus McCauley
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

McCauley with our first round pick ?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Marcus McCauley Reply with quote

Absoutly you take McCauley!

Bottom line is that McCauley (dispite is poor senior season) is by far the most physicaly gifted corner in this draft and has the size and speed that teams covet at the corner position. In my opinion the Saints's hands will be tied here because if (and that's a big if) McCauley's there at #27 he'll be the best availble player on the board at the position of the Saints biggest need that they obviously are not gonna be able to upgrade via free agency.

You take McCauley and start him from day one because the bottom line is upgrading your weak links and none is more weak than Fred Thomas.

WhoDat!
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D24pick wrote:
GeauxLSUTigers wrote:
D24pick wrote:
NOSaints wrote:
yes but only if a top DT isn't there I wouldn't mind having Tank Tyler. But we definitely need a CB and McCauley has all the physical tools he just needs work on his fundamentals.
Yes. McCauley can arguably beat out any CB in the draft. He has the strength, height, speed, and hops, and reaction and one-on-one shutdown ability. He makes plays and creates turnovers a bit. We could definitely coach em up, he or Ross I like, its obviously the others aren't gonna be there.

Ross is Deion Sanders
McCauley is Chris McAllister

You see I just hate this statement for first round picks. Nothing against your assessment of McCauley either, but the fact that this comes up alot with this player and the fact that he was indeed benched (for any reason but especially) because of poor play says he isnt worth a first rounder, especially on a position like CB which might be the hardest (2nd hardest at worst) position to transition to in the NFL.

Now a second rounder or later for a project player? Sure. But not a first rounder IMO, especially not for a position of such dire immediate need.
I wasn't meaning it in like a way where he has alot to work on. Saying in means of NFL conditioning and NFL play. Certainly he's ready, I'm just judging by how good the Saints staff have been of letely with their players, saying maybe they could coach em up to a Top DB in the NFL already, knowing that isn
t likely

I was by no means jumping on you here, just staing that I dislike the "coach 'em up" sentiment for a 1st rounder. He certainly has the tools, he just needs the skills, something that is hard to obtain because the NFL is so tough to transition to.

1958, 2003, and 2007 National Champions!
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the rate the Saints are moving in persuing a CB in FA...they will have to get a CB in the draft. what? do you want fred thomas as a starter again?
D24pick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeauxLSUTigers wrote:
D24pick wrote:
GeauxLSUTigers wrote:
D24pick wrote:
NOSaints wrote:
yes but only if a top DT isn't there I wouldn't mind having Tank Tyler. But we definitely need a CB and McCauley has all the physical tools he just needs work on his fundamentals.
Yes. McCauley can arguably beat out any CB in the draft. He has the strength, height, speed, and hops, and reaction and one-on-one shutdown ability. He makes plays and creates turnovers a bit. We could definitely coach em up, he or Ross I like, its obviously the others aren't gonna be there.

Ross is Deion Sanders
McCauley is Chris McAllister

You see I just hate this statement for first round picks. Nothing against your assessment of McCauley either, but the fact that this comes up alot with this player and the fact that he was indeed benched (for any reason but especially) because of poor play says he isnt worth a first rounder, especially on a position like CB which might be the hardest (2nd hardest at worst) position to transition to in the NFL.

Now a second rounder or later for a project player? Sure. But not a first rounder IMO, especially not for a position of such dire immediate need.
I wasn't meaning it in like a way where he has alot to work on. Saying in means of NFL conditioning and NFL play. Certainly he's ready, I'm just judging by how good the Saints staff have been of letely with their players, saying maybe they could coach em up to a Top DB in the NFL already, knowing that isn
t likely

I was by no means jumping on you here, just staing that I dislike the "coach 'em up" sentiment for a 1st rounder. He certainly has the tools, he just needs the skills, something that is hard to obtain because the NFL is so tough to transition to.
I understand where you're coming from with this statement.

I agree with Bear 25 here, McCauley is the best CB in the draft. Honestly, I think he just couldn't handle all of that spotlight he was getting or something, I don't know. He's very talented, and can get no worse than any CB we have now. Speed, size, and instincts with one-on-one shut-down ability doesn't come by very often. EX: Champ Bailey

-Saints Assistant GM FFMD07-

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: